Konami hits wii with AAA title target: terror

everyone whines...yet noone has given it a chance. A couple of you saw some crappy screenshots from a cell phone or something and its all over, there's no way you are buying this game....it's horrible! Well, a couple of things you may want to know. First, this game was meant to look cheesy (per the original designer: Eugene Jarvis) Second, the appeal of this game is not in the cutting edge graphics, its in the exploding turkeys, and chicks in leather, the shocker weapon to zap the crap out of your enemies and of course the ever so popular flaming golf balls of doom.
This game has so much to offer, I even found people talking about drinking games to play with this game (kotaku.com) so before everyone condemns it, just give it a week or so and see how many of your friends own it or rented it. You'd be surprised.

I am sorry, I just don't see whats wrong with it. It's exactly like the arcade game. The arcade game was a blast. I understand how everyone can get cranky about the Wii graphics being able to do so much more, but thats not really the point of a port now is it?

In the arcade version, the graphics definitely look campy but they were designed to. As cheesy as it may look, the arcade version was still the top producer of 2006 and before anyone says something dumb like "well, that means it made 12.50 because noone plays arcade games anymore", take a look at the Target Terror Wiki....it made over 350 million dollars.

Anyway, the point of this game is not about the cheesy graphics, its about the gameplay: the exploding turkey bombs, the golf balls of doom, exploding baddies, dismemberment and decapitations....stuff like that.

So, as much as you guys trash it because you have seen three screenshots, maybe you should hold your tongues until it comes out and someone you know buys it or gameflys it, that way you can see how good or bad it is instead of pretending you know what you are talking about. I am willing to bet over half of you that bash it become addicted to it within a week of playing it. And if you never play it, hey no skin off my ass....I am just trying to get some of you to open your eyes rather than whine for the sake of whining.

My bad

sorry about the multiple posts back to back. For some reason, I tried to post at three different times and none of them showed up, then today....they all show up simultaneously. My bad, won't happen again.

sorry about the multiple posts back to back. For some reason, I tried to post at three different times and none of them showed up, then today....they all show up simultaneously. My bad, won't happen again.

Hey, are you one of the creators of the game? Nice to meet you.
I think I've seen this game in the arcades.

As a new user, your first couple of posts will be moderated/approved. I only just saw your posts today, so that's why they all showed up all of a sudden. You'll be able to edit/delete your posts eventually as you continue posting. :)

Back