KK comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just a difference in communication styles and perhaps even cultures.

Allard and MS has their way and KK and SONY have their way.

KK's method is just more "Art of War" :p than Allard's and perhaps less palatable to Western culture. ;)

Why are people getting so upset about this thread? I fully support the mocking and ridiculing of any PR person who makes wild, exaggerated claims about their product. Yeah, I know they all do it. Who cares? Have some fun with it. It really helps one keep things in perspective when evaluating new PR BS as well.

If this thread is bothering people so much, why not make one about J. Allard? Even better, I'd like to see one about Nintendo's ex-president (forgot his name). Now THAT guy said some crazy stuff. BS gets spewn from all sides, and it's hilarious if you don't take it too seriously.

Chill out. Nobody is saying "PS3 sucks, X360 is better!!!" This thread is just about some of the amusing things KK (who is known for his wild claims) has said in the past. Let's just have fun and enjoy it.

PC-Engine said:
If you want to get banned then keep on insulting other members. Makes no difference to me. ;) :LOL:

What's the matter? Is KK your daddy? :LOL:

Not that I condone what he said but aren't you insulting him now?

Certain people should cut Kutaragi some slack, yes yes he likes to talk for sure, but never the less ... his achievements are outstanding. On the other hand, Allard hasn't earned his bragging rights yet, but it's not keeping him from giving big speeches either (see MS E3 conference, staged applause, ridiculous targets like 1 billion users, etc).

Ty said:
PC-Engine said:
If you want to get banned then keep on insulting other members. Makes no difference to me. ;) :LOL:

What's the matter? Is KK your daddy? :LOL:

Not that I condone what he said but aren't you insulting him now?

Exactly :LOL:

But he started it :!:

>.>

ChryZ said:
Certain people should cut Kutaragi some slack, yes yes he likes to talk for sure, but never the less ... his achievements are outstanding. On the other hand, Allard hasn't earned his bragging rights yet, but it's not keeping him from giving big speeches either (see MS E3 conference, staged applause, ridiculous targets like 1 billion users, etc).

Nuhuh Sony's is evil it has a monopoly on the console market and must be taken down! :devilish:

Sovere said:
Nuhuh Sony's is evil it has a monopoly on the console market and must be taken down! :devilish:
Incorrect, market leader != monopoly. There is still room for good business.

Welllllll....where´s our amazingly nonbiased jvd, the mod that hates being a f@nboy the most when you need him?

Oh, it´s PS3 bashing, I can see why he´s missing. :D

Welllllll....where´s our amazingly nonbiased jvd, the mod that hates being a the most when you need him?

Oh, it´s PS3 bashing, I can see why he´s missing.

Exactly I was talking about that a week ago. Everytime Ken made a statement or interview people said it was bashing and stupid. Everything something X360 related came out people cheered it.

Its the same way people talk better about the possibilities of the xenos with its edram that the RSX and its connectivity with the CELL processor. I understand we don't know everything about the RSX now but come on. Understand that alot of stuff that the X360 can do with its edram the CELL will compliment with the help of the CELL in someway.

This thread will never get locked. As long as they keep bashing Sony. I gurantee if I bash MS this thread will be closed faster than a virgin's legs of prom night. Keep on guys laugh it up. I know its bad to see this but this is one of the biggest reasons why I would never buy a MS console. I hate to see boards like this be obviously bias and hateful to a console and company.

I go to a few other forums and you guys won't believe how highly people see this board. They always quote things that are relevant to game programming and the like. To see a thread like this go not 1, not 2, but 3 pages is sad. :(

ChryZ said:
Sovere said:
Incorrect, market leader != monopoly. There is still room for good business.

I understand the difference (the console market is a different beast from the OS market) I was being sarcastic perhaps I should do a better job of portraying my sarcasm.

Please guys, if you have an issue with jvd, take it up in the Site Feedback forum.

I'd also recommend being VERY tactful and none of this personal attack crap. You really won't win any arguments that way as you're doing nothing but making others defensive.

In other words, if you want to point out that he's unfair, fine but do so in a constructive adult manner.

Shark Sandwich said:
Why are people getting so upset about this thread? I fully support the mocking and ridiculing of any PR person who makes wild, exaggerated claims about their product. Yeah, I know they all do it. Who cares? Have some fun with it. It really helps one keep things in perspective when evaluating new PR BS as well.

If this thread is bothering people so much, why not make one about J. Allard? Even better, I'd like to see one about Nintendo's ex-president (forgot his name). Now THAT guy said some crazy stuff. BS gets spewn from all sides, and it's hilarious if you don't take it too seriously.

Chill out. Nobody is saying "PS3 sucks, X360 is better!!!" This thread is just about some of the amusing things KK (who is known for his wild claims) has said in the past. Let's just have fun and enjoy it.

The kind of crap going down in this thread is exactly why these kinds of threads are usu not tolerated on this forum. We can easily just not read it, but if this is going to be the norm from now on, then we can expect to see more of this trash litter the board.

KK is alright. He's kinda unique in that he's 50% engineer 50% cheerleader. I don't think any comparisons to Allard are relevant. Allard shows more respect for his competition and plays his cards closer to his chest. KK is alot more in the vain of Tomonobu Itagaki. (Trash talk and self hype.) I think KK should be proud of his cell. I kinda was opening the cell was gonna be a bunch of homogenius cores rather than a master core and a bunch of slaves. Still if I had to get drunk with one of them I think Allard wouldn't be as annoying. But it would be cooler to pick KK's brain about his next big project

eDoshin said:
The kind of crap going down in this thread is exactly why these kinds of threads are usu not tolerated on this forum. We can easily just not read it, but if this is going to be the norm from now on, then we can expect to see more of this trash litter the board.

I agree. This thread is an embarrassment to the Beyond3d Forum, and the console board in particular is in big trouble if this is the way forward.

Disappointing.

BlueTsunami said:
Squeak said:
I don't see why KK thinks "game" and "toy" are demeaning words. Many people take sport very seriously and what are products such a sailboats, sports cars and expensive stereos but toys?
Playstation 3 is a toy!

I think he dislikes the it being refered to as a toy because theres technological feats that are being done with all consoles. People but all there time and attention into creating these consoles. Putting the PS2, XBox and Game Cube on the same level as a rag doll or a toy Tonka Truck is probably seen as spatting on the work the engineers have done to get this consoles to working conditions.

So yeah...I can see why he dislikes the toy reference...
Read the last lines of my post. I'm not talking about cheap throwaway toys for a toddler, but toys that have real depth and value.

Clearly im not slating a product. Consoles are great and so is competition.

But Even though my language in my post is provocative, it clearly highlights a point that I actually do feel strongly about, namely the incredible amount of BS and hype, that leads to dissapointment and frustration. Especially when, the poeple who have the most understanding, and follow the closest, are the ones that get subjected to it the most. Casual gamers dont follow it so why do they care.

You all have my apologies for starting rows, sometimes getting personal. But then All I asked for clearly was quotes. And clearly I was ready to be proven wrong. I cant account for other peoples maturity, and as such I can see that this may have gotten a little out of hand.

To me, I find it interesting, perhaps, dare I say it entertaining. But actually although there have been some immaturity here, there have also been a couple of interersting points riased about the issues of PR BS, overhype, and smoke screens and daggers.

Shark Sandwich said:
Why are people getting so upset about this thread? I fully support the mocking and ridiculing of any PR person who makes wild, exaggerated claims about their product.
The reason this thread is pointless is because it's one of those dead-end rants that doesn't attempt to achieve anything on an 'intellectual' level. Every complaint has been raised elsewhere, argued, and people just end up throwing insults. I can raise points as to why KK wasn't BS'ing, but those that think he was won't listen and just retort with comments like 'sucker', 'FB', yada yada yada. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and souvenir mug :D

There's no room for discussion here. The first post didn't say 'what do you make of these statements? They seem bogus to me.' or 'This all seems like baloney to me. Here's my reasons why.' There's no rationale to it - only a desire to be angry and stay angry. Saying that there's a lot of PR BS (which I don't dispute) and trying to discredit everything KK (or any other spokesperson) says serves no purpose, save perhaps to try and downplay their product (FB's of one console will often criticise any aspect of the competitor's). There's an awful lot of subjective material in well crafted PR which is open to interpretation. It all depends on how you hear it. The E3 showings are a first class example. Sony never said they were realtime footage, and said they were creations of visions of the future, but the 'net exploded into a heated 'Sony are a bunch of f'ing liars!' negative propaganda.

These sorts of threads only exist to stir up trouble. For those that want to argue over PR and it's place, and believe it's good to point out what's not true, I agree, and the time and place for that is when a comment has been made and we talk about it. I've complained about KK's comments on PSPs design. I've complained about Major Nelson's PS3 vs. XB360 comparison. They're done and dusted. I'm not going to create threads just to complain about them again. I'll deal with the next load of senior member commentaries when it's out, fresh, and I can consider it as either nonsense or something useful to know. That's surely the right way to deal with it? Otherwise when do you not dive into history's annuls and drag up every spurious quote over and over again? We could go on forever quoting ancient history and saying what a buch of liars such and such are...

Hey, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, there can't be any harm in saying you think it's a duck! Well, I guess unless you really don't like duck? :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back