Kingdom Hearts 3 [XO, PS4]

I'm not going to hold my breath for a KH1/2 remaster on Xbox.

I'd have thought they would have done that when it was remastered for PS3 if it was going to happen at all.

Well well well! From the new videos, this baby looks like it’s running at 60fps, same as Ni No Kuni 2 which was just a beautiful surprise.

Happy.

Last edited:
I was going to buy it but then they announced the originals in a special ps4 package. No release on the xbox . So with no way of playing the originals I will spend my $60 else where and well Feb has a ton of titles releasing

First impression to the first Disney world

The visual quality is all over the place.

• Mouth animation suddenly goes out of sync,, then in sync again.
  • Body movements looks wooden. Then smooth.
  • Visuals looks next gen complete with awesome shading, then on other place looks old,, complete with the classic "weird blur" that was common in PS2 era.

It looks like the game was cobbled together using old and new stuff. It also use the "cheap" trick that popular in open world sandbox games

I watched my gf play this for a couple of hours and came away fairly impressed by the visuals. The toy story stuff in particular looked stunning. Combat looked like the same ol' clusterfuck it's always been though. As far as I'm concerned this is the first UE4 game besides Gears on current gen machines that's reasonably impressive looking. All the UE4 fighting games look rather underwhelming. The UE3-powered ones like MK, Injustice, Dragonball and Guilty Gear have been the considerably more impressive looking ones so far. Haven't really looked much into Ace Combat, though.

I watched my gf play this for a couple of hours and came away fairly impressed by the visuals. The toy story stuff in particular looked stunning. Combat looked like the same ol' clusterfuck it's always been though. As far as I'm concerned this is the first UE4 game besides Gears on current gen machines that's reasonably impressive looking. All the UE4 fighting games look rather underwhelming. The UE3-powered ones like MK, Injustice, Dragonball and Guilty Gear have been the considerably more impressive looking ones so far. Haven't really looked much into Ace Combat, though.
I think Arkham Knight and Hellblade. I think the Injustice, MK and Marvel vs Capcom games look in general very nice. It is the art that really push them back.
I guess you have a point though. Looking at the huge list of games made on that engine. it is hard to pick many impressive titles.

Arkham Knight is UE3. So is MK. Marvel vs Capcom is MT Framework? Hellblade is UE4 and looks hella great, though. Forgot about that one.

Well guess what I’m playing right now!!!!!!!

As somebody who has not played the earlier games and is not super into traditional Disney properties (the mice and ducks) but who does enjoy a good nonsensical yawn, can you recommend it?

Well... in terms of story, it’s pretty much nonsensical even to me, but the good and funny thing is that the characters are aware of how little we remember of the old games and how little it makes sense anyway, and there are a few “what u on about?” kind of jokes and dialogues.

I’d say, yes I recommend it because it’s hella fun, the set up is completely crazy (Disney and square worlds coming together) but everything is blended really well together. Just don’t try to think about the underlying “dark story” cause it makes little sense even to me who has player the previous entries. I’m sure everything will be explained eventually, but so far I can’t really say I know what is going on :)

Technically, it’s beautiful art wise but definitely way behind the curve in IQ terms. I can only imagine how muchi prettier this game would have been on the Decima engine, or even the Insomniac engine.

Unreal 4 has proven itself to be a total fail for consoles. I put it on 1080p so I could get 60fps, and the AA is so bad that this might just be one of the worst IQ I’ve seen in an AAA game. Not as bad as Persona 5 but the Pro can do so much better than this.

Oh and the biggest pain in the ass for me is that the game won’t allow you to change control scheme, so X is attack, O is jump. Which is literally the opposite as most other games I’ve played and my brain still needs to get used to it after 14 hours. Stupid.

Oh and the biggest pain in the ass for me is that the game won’t allow you to change control scheme, so X is attack, O is jump. Which is literally the opposite as most other games I’ve played and my brain still needs to get used to it after 14 hours. Stupid.

Don't be to hard on your brain :)

Back