Kinect Games

Always said Dance Central was a killer app for Kinect! Nothing else can compare for real dance tracking. A few years earlier and a High School Musical game would ahve sold twice as much!

Only twice? ;) What are Just Dance cumulative sales now? 15-30 million?

We just got Your Shape 2012 and everyone, even the kids, are enjoying it a lot. They don't want to go to bed and are talking about doing it every day to get stronger and stronger. They LOVED the drill sergent lol

I will post a thorough review once I have got ample time into it, seeing as the major sites failed to have reviews when it was released. So far two thumbs up--best menus I have seen yet. Then menus are BETTER than a lot of standard games 0_o

We just got Your Shape 2012 and everyone, even the kids, are enjoying it a lot. They don't want to go to bed and are talking about doing it every day to get stronger and stronger. They LOVED the drill sergent lol

I will post a thorough review once I have got ample time into it, seeing as the major sites failed to have reviews when it was released. So far two thumbs up--best menus I have seen yet. Then menus are BETTER than a lot of standard games 0_o

It is possible it's just the sheer number of recent Kinect titles that most sites seem to have foregone reviewing titles. You will probably just have to stick with 123kinect.com for reviews as I don't envision major coverage from larger sites.

joker, Kinect Disneyland Adventures is reviewing moderately well so that might be another option for your gift giving.

Actually ended up getting them a PS3+Move instead, since my brother in law has been wanting a bluray player. I have lots of high def footage I filmed on my nieces baptism, etc, so I'll make them a bluray of that as well.

I ended up getting Kinect myself though, Amazon had it for $99 with 3 games, free shipping no tax. I think I can use it on the fetish video shoots I'm doing at my house next weel lol, gonna be hilarious :) Not terribly interested in it myself but Ill give it a try eventually.

Just got mine in the mail and toyed with it a bit. The voice commands are very cool, it does make the new ui easy to manage. Alas it doesn't work everywhere which is a bummer, I was in the YouTube app and found myself talking to no one as I was trying to use voice commands to locate stuff and it didn't work :( Voice really needs to be prevalant across everything otherwise it diminishes it's benefits. Where it does work though it is indeed really cool.

I tried a bit of the motion stuff, one thing I don't really get. You calibrate it standing in the playing position, which I did. But then I sat down on the couch and tried to use the "wave" to control the ui but it didn't work. Are you supposed to calibrate it in the seated position, or are they expecting me to stand up while using the ui? Basically I want to be able to play kinect games standing like normal, but then navigate the main xbox ui while seated, does it allow that? I couldn't seem to get that to work.

Fruint Ninja was ok, haven't tried Gunstringer yet, Kinect Adventures was surprisingly fun. Question on the kinect fitness apps, are any of them actually any good? As in do they really make you sweat and feel like you are getting a workout? Was thinking of getting one of them but wasn't sure if they were worthwhile. Is there one that is the must have?

Yeah, the fitness apps are generally pretty good. The only one I have extensive experience with is the one by UBIsoft. But have heard good things about some of the other ones.

And yes, they certainly do make you sweat. Especially if you are out of shape. :) And make you sore. And make you curse at them for torturing you (squats :p). Also makes me realize how old and unflexible I am. But it does help me stay somewhat in shape although I've slacked off using it for a while. Need to get back to it. But as I get older, I never seem to have enough time for anything. :p At least that's my excuse. :D

Regards,
SB

Cool I'll have to give one a try. I'm in decent shape and I've done P90x which was tough, so I'm curious how well this will compare to that.

Hmm, I don't really have "times of day" that I play, I run a business from home and I'm kind of semi-retired now, so playtime can be anytime of day really. I calibrated in gameplay position (standing)...but I was hoping that would also work to at least recognize me waving from the couch. I'll try to calibrate it again, see if there is some way to have one calibration that works for both gaming while standing, and ui waves while seated.

Is it perhaps a lighting issue? Too much sunlight? Not enough light? I've never calibrated anyway but standing and don't seem to have issues on a couch.

Hmm don't think it's lighting, the curtains were closed so no sunlight but it's a well lit room. I think it might be the room size, it's a fairly large room that I film in, and the standing gaming position I cailibrated in is about 6 feet away from the couch seating position where my waving hand would be. Maybe that's too far apart, so when I sit down on the couch my wave barely registers. I have to wave my hand really high in the air for it to even notice it. I'll try calibrating while standing a bit closer to the couch.

Lighting shouldn't matter as long as there isn't an excess of IR washing out the depth pattern. Distance sounds more like an issue. If the couch is 6' behind where Kinect is looking for gamers, you'll be at the far end of detection, no?

Mine is a touch further, about 7 feet to standing calibration area, and 13 feet to the couch where I wave. It's an open space, no coffee table in the way. Still haven't had a chance to recalibrate it yet...but hopefully that's all it is.

Back