Kinect Games

Kinect Star Wars trailer/commercial...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/05/star-wars-at-e3-your-first-look-at-kinect-star-wars-exclusive/

Not too bad, but want to see actually real-time gameplay. My sister & her family will buy a 360 & Kinect just for this game alone.

Tommy McClain

if it looks anywhere near as good as that I am sold

edit: It probably is real time gameplay ;). You can see the aliased shadows. Not sure if they added some "sauce and pepper" on the particular trailer to make it look better.
I think though that its not true 1:1 motion. Its probably gesture recognition. Some animations appear to repeat themselves instead of following true movement. I also see some horrendous lag in the demonstration video? We are going to find out soon

if it looks anywhere near as good as that I am sold

edit: It probably is real time gameplay ;). You can see the aliased shadows. Not sure if they added some "sauce and pepper" on the particular trailer to make it look better.
I think though that its not true 1:1 motion. Its probably gesture recognition. Some animations appear to repeat themselves instead of following true movement. I also see some horrendous lag in the demonstration video? We are going to find out soon

We've seen it now. They still have some ways to go, if you ask me.

We've seen it now. They still have some ways to go, if you ask me.

Well visually it looks nice. My impressions now though? It is crap. It plays like a game that should have been released during Kinect's launch. Application of kinect for games hasnt evolved much even though cool ideas and applications are designed for other purposes
It proves over and over again that an accessory is needed to work together with otherwise you are dealing with input limitations and brings up the arguements why Sony havent went solely with a camera based input.
This is still the best thing for kids and party games. It can only compliment advanced games but it doesnt seem to be an adequate method of control for those

Well visually it looks nice. My impressions now though? It is crap. It plays like a game that should have been released during Kinect's launch. Application of kinect for games hasnt evolved much even though cool ideas and applications are designed for other purposes
It proves over and over again that an accessory is needed to work together with otherwise you are dealing with input limitations and brings up the arguements why Sony havent went solely with a camera based input.
This is still the best thing for kids and party games. It can only compliment advanced games but it doesnt seem to be an adequate method of control for those
It should have been playable with a regular controller imo. That goes for Ryse too.

Haven't tried it yet. Been so busy catching up on E3 news. I have updated the OP. Can somebody look it over & see if I missed any? Thanks!

Tommy McClain

Wife and kid are pretty excited for Fruit Ninja Kinect. Can't tell where my son is at with Star Wars Kinect so I'm not sure if we'll be getting that...of course...there is the whole bundle which keeps tempting me.

Yeah, the whole Star Wars bundle got me tempted too, but I'm holding out for a price drop on a 250gb glossy one. Just waiting on my Elite 120gb to RROD, but it's going like a champ. LOL I'll just end up getting the Kinect Star Wars game separately. No other Kinect titles on my horizon except maybe Gunstringer.

Tommy McClain

Wife and kid are pretty excited for Fruit Ninja Kinect. Can't tell where my son is at with Star Wars Kinect so I'm not sure if we'll be getting that...of course...there is the whole bundle which keeps tempting me.
I'm waiting and buying Gunstringer. It comes with a code for Fruit Ninja.

I'm waiting and buying Gunstringer. It comes with a code for Fruit Ninja.

I completely missed that gunstringer is retail now and I never saw the Fruit Ninja announcement...wow...maybe I need to pay attention to games media more. I think the best thing for my household would be one fruit ninja purchase and one gun stringer purchase so there is peace in the house.

Bought Fruit Ninja, my son has been playing for over an hour now (he'll feel it tomorrow). If you enjoy the WP7 game then you should definitely enjoy the game the menus and the pausing in the menus, however, :rolleyes:
Love the different "blades"

hm... Pausing in the menus?

I might have to pick this up for my nieces. lol How is the response? I guess I should queue the trial first...

edit: Heh... just played co-op with my mum for about 10 min. She loves it. I'm sure my nieces will too. haha Quite a workout seeing as how I have to swing pretty fast for the slice to register.

New details on some Kinect titles today at Gamescom...

Steel Battalion - Retail - Unknown Ship/Price - Controller for 1st person outside play(movement, aiming, and firing), Kinect for inside interaction(starting the engine, using the scope, operating a turret-mounted machine gun, communicating verbally and nonverbally with your crew members like high fives)

Video

Kinect: Disneyland Adventures - Retail - November 15 - $?

Dance Central 2 - Retail - October 21(Europe & Asia), October 25(N. America), October 27(Japan) - $?

...here are the latest feature announcements to keep the “Dance Central” party popping:

• Epic Full Body Dance Battle! Players rep their favorite dance crew and go toe-to-toe against one another with two-player simultaneous tracking and compete to stand out in “spotlight sections” where their solo performance is put on display. The new Free-4-All mini-game replaces freestyle sections during Dance Battle, adding an all new competitive scoring mechanic into the mix. Players can jump ahead in score by quickly performing moves from the song worth tons of points.
  • Meet the crews of “Dance Central 2”! With the addition of simultaneous multiplayer, “Dance Central 2” adds 4 dance crews to the mix for players to rep. RipTide, Hi-Def, Flash4ward and Lu$h Crew all bring fierce personalities, amazing moves and unique looks to the world of “Dance Central.” Whether you’re playing through the crew challenge or battling it out with a friend, you have to know: which crew are you?
  • Voice integration throughout the game! You can use voice commands to select songs, pause during routines, and dictate rehearsal during Break it Down. Jumping into a routine is as simple as telling Kinect the song, mode, and difficulty and instructing it do what that little box has always dreamed of: “Xbox, Dance.”
  • An all new, customizable Break it Down experience with improved per-limb tracking, allows players to customize practice sessions to focus on select moves. Use voice commands to speed through the process, and even compare video playback of their dancing to the on-screen dancer!
  • 13 new songs unveiled!(Over 40 songs on disc available at launch), from artists including: Flo Rida, David Guetta, Akon, Daddy Yankee, Fergie, Daft Punk, Bruno Mars, and Lady Gaga keep the jams hyphy and on point. Songs include:
    • Flo Rida feat David Guetta – Club Can’t Handle Me
    • David Guetta feat Akon – Sexy Chick
    • Daddy Yankee feat Fergie – Impacto
    • Darude – Sandstorm
    • Daft Punk – Technologic
    • O-Zone – Dragostea Din Tei
    • Bruno Mars – Grenade
    • Donna Summer – Hot Stuff
    • Gnarls Barkley – Run
    • Lena – Satellite
    • Enrique Iglesias – I Like It
    • Lady Gaga – Born This Way
    • Exile – I Wish for You

Air Band on Kinect Fun Labs - XBLA - August 22 - 240MSP - Guitar, keyboard or drums

Kinect Sports: Season Two - Retail - October 25 (N. America), October 27(Asia, Australia, and New Zealand), October 28(Europe) - $? - Includes skiing, baseball, golf, darts, tennis, and football. Adds new in-game voice commands and a new Challenge Play mode. Pre-order to get unlockable avatar gear - http://www.xbox.com/kinectsportsseasontwo

Kinect Star Wars

For the first time in Star Wars history, players can become a Rancor, the monster Luke Skywalker battles beneath Jabba the Hutt’s throne room in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Through the power of Kinect for Xbox 360, players will control the Rancor with intuitive body movements like stomping, charging, roaring, and jumping. As the Rancor, players can grab, toss, and eat Jawas, stormtroopers, droids and other

Kinectimals Now with Bears! - Retail - October 11 - $50 - Basically the original Kinectimals including the new $15 Bears DLC

Kinectimals For Windows Phone

Players can care for and bond with their favorite pet cat or bear cub using touch screen controls to feed, pet, play and nurture them on-the-go from their Widows Phone while also enjoying Xbox LIVE integration of Achievements and Leaderboards.

Hole in the Wall - XBLA - August 24 - 800MSP

Summary of Xbox announcements at Major Nelson's Blog...

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/16/xbox-360-gamescom-2011-announcements/

Tommy McClain

hm... Pausing in the menus?

I might have to pick this up for my nieces. lol How is the response? I guess I should queue the trial first...

edit: Heh... just played co-op with my mum for about 10 min. She loves it. I'm sure my nieces will too. haha Quite a workout seeing as how I have to swing pretty fast for the slice to register.

Every time finish a game and get ready to restart of quit the menu freezes just long enough to mess up what we were aiming for and when we actually wanted to go back/quit it restarts instead. The real pain in the ass is switching backgrounds and blades registers up when we want to go down and vice versa, very frustrating experience but maybe most people stick with their first weapon and haven't experienced the problem.

The fruit ninja menu's do suck but the gameplay is fun. Absolutely agree with you on the blade/background menu Nav. How did that pass QA?

The quick calibrating and response time is really impressive. What's not is my Ninja skills....

The fruit ninja menu's do suck but the gameplay is fun. Absolutely agree with you on the blade/background menu Nav. How did that pass QA?

The quick calibrating and response time is really impressive. What's not is my Ninja skills....

Such BS, lol :p remember I can SEE your scores! I figured no one here would be playing it to be honest and then I start the game yesterday only to be presented with a Challenge: "Beat RR1s score of a bajillion points" (when compared to my score). I look at the score, laugh, and proceed to completely skip the challenge. You and my cousin are just taunting me with your scores.

Quick statement, I would imagine my scores suck so bad because I use the flaming blade and I spend most of my time between slicing, shadow ass kicking with my flaming hands and feet tiring myself; I'm sure I have thrown at least ten hadoken. I also need to figure out a better distance for my Kinect with this game because of my screen size so I don't have to move so much from side to side. good thing they aren't doing depth as well could you imagine FNK 3D!

EDIT: Am I missing how to start a Kinect Arcade game/Games on Demand from the Kinect Hub?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back