Kinect Games

Apparently the kinectimals is with the stuffed animal is only bundled at launch. After that sells through the stuffed toys will be $20 bucks on thier own here in the states. So if you watn to get it , i'd get it early

Where's the source? Better not be GAF. :rolleyes:

BTW, if you look on eBay there are people selling the Burger King toys already. Haven't seen an official launch date for the promotion, but one of the listings on eBay pegs it for November 1st.

Tommy McClain

Apparently the kinectimals is with the stuffed animal is only bundled at launch. After that sells through the stuffed toys will be $20 bucks on thier own here in the states. So if you watn to get it , i'd get it early

I'm curious tho ... why ea sports active and fitness evolved ? They both seem to serve the same purpose.

I'm doing Kinectimals , your fitness and dance central. But I may do the target deal get fable 3 and hold off on dance central. It will be great when my gf and i buy a house next year hopefully ... but i dobut my parents would like my friends coming over to dance above their heads !
I'm curious, why Call of Duty and Gears of War and Halo and Medal of Honor? They all seem to serve the same purpose.

Just because games have similar purposes and mechanics does not make them superfluous.

I'm curious, why Call of Duty and Gears of War and Halo and Medal of Honor? They all seem to serve the same purpose.

Just because games have similar purposes and mechanics does not make them superfluous.

they are work out games tho and each one seems to have x amount of days work outs. Its weird playing them at the same time as they will conflict with each other.

Also i wouldn't buy cod gow halo and moh all in the same day. To me thats just silly and i'd ask the same question as above. mabye over the course of a year yea or 3 to 4 months apart from each other

Dance Central on Ellen

Does anyone know if there are explicit lyrics controls because I'm POSITIVE I wouldn't be able to play the Flava in ya ear (remix) in front of my son...I mean BIG starts out with an N-bomb. Pitbull same thing of course his explicit is in english and spanish. Wish the Beenie Man was who am i (never been a fan of the dancehall cut...)

Anyone going to the launch event in NYC apparently if your one of the first 3,000 to buy kinect you get kinect sports and joy ride free. I have the email with the invite link on it , if anyone wants it.

Have their been any good vids of the boxing in Kinect Sports yet?

One of the largest problems with Kinect seems to be the ability to get independent video of people playing the game where you can actually see the screen at the same time as the players. :D

I'm curious tho ... why ea sports active and fitness evolved ? They both seem to serve the same purpose.

Well, EA sports active comes with a heart rate monitor and I'm thinking it'll focus on more advanced and more traditional workout routines.

Your Shape seems to have a larger focus on casual workouts and incorporating aerobic exercise into gametypes. As well as flexibility (Yoga and Tai Chi?).

It's sort of like why would people get WiiFit and EA Sports Active on the Wii. They are similar but different.

And when it comes down to it. Dance Central is also just an aerobics exercise program with a dance wrapping. So for all 3, I'm getting them expecting different experiences and different ways to achieve the same goal. Variety would then serve to keep me entertained while exercising for far longer than just one title alone.

Regards,
SB

It's too slow ! (for me of course)
[size=-2]Very noticeable on first glance if you're used to other Table Tennis games, but probably not bad for leisure[/size]

Goalie Ai is stupid in the soccer part.:LOL:
Shame i chose a samsung omnia 7 over kinect but next year has games more target for the core so im gonna get it then.

[size=-2]Very noticeable on first glance if you're used to other Table Tennis games, but probably not bad for leisure[/size]

Lag is pretty significant again, and there's no ball effect whatsoever either. But the speed is a different issue here I think - this seems to be a minigame where you have to keep hitting the ball back as it slowly speeds up. You can see a counter going up to 20 until he fails in the corner.

Obviously the goal keeping thing is similar as you have targets you need to hit. That doesn't look too bad. For some targets you need to draw away the goalie by shooting in the corner.

Shame i chose a samsung omnia 7 over kinect but next year has games more target for the core so im gonna get it then.

Ha! I got the HTC HD7 and I will get Kinect but not on launch day, probably a week or two after Nov 10th.:D

Yeah, the table tennis and volleyball have noticeable lag. But I found the soccer somewhat better. Too bad, he didn't test the extremities of the game, like power and curving the ball and stuff. You know like how you would take a penalty or free kick. Maybe some other games will.

The petting gameplay would be better in augmented reality style IMO. That video was just creepy to me for some reason.

The tech looks promising. Next gen with even faster processing, I'm sure the lag can be reduced further.

hehe :D I've got kinect preordered here, and today I was scouting about trying to find somewhere with Omnia 7's in stock :mrgreen:

Anyway. I thought that table tennis video was impressive because it seemed very stable. My experience with similar games is that I struggled most with the disconnected feeling of how my physical movement related to the virtual game table. I never felt comfortable, and found it difficult to judge distances and basic depth. Watching that video, I get the sense this isn't anywhere near as large an issue, which I find very impressive.

Back