Kinect Games

I concur. Watching that Kinect Sports trailer, unless you already know what Kinect is, there's no communication of the change to how the game is played versus other sports titles. I'm surprised they didn't show the player's superimposed.

Am I right in thinking all we've seen of this game demo'd is the hurdles? Have we seen how well the other sports play? The boxing seems an important game to evaluate.

Ehm, just scroll through this thread, at the top of the page.

I did miss that, although it's a PR vid so doesn't give a very natural view of the game, and at no point did we see the users input and how that controlled the game. Boxing sounds gesture based, more Wii boxing than Fight Night. Which you'd expect for the audience being targeted.

I did miss that, although it's a PR vid so doesn't give a very natural view of the game, and at no point did we see the users input and how that controlled the game. Boxing sounds gesture based, more Wii boxing than Fight Night. Which you'd expect for the audience being targeted.

Ehm, check the previous page.

Kinect Boxing

Shifty which one did you view? I believe the linked one is the one that scently is suggesting. That definitely has user input.

Five new very interesting games for Kinect, a mixture of fresh IP and new entries in classic franchises, the titles are weighted towards the traditional gaming market and gamers.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=264989

1- Codename D

It's a Suda 51 game, it will come out on 2011, for XBLA. It's a game where you have to fight for your life and survive in an evil amusement park filled with twisted, eerie and grotesque creatures. It's an action videogame where people will use kinect and their body to survive, destroy items and enemies.

500x_d01.jpg

500x_d02.jpg

2- Steel Batallion: Heavy Armour

A retail game, developed by Capcom, and From Software with the support of Microsoft, it sets the adventure in a Manhattan of the year 2082, empty of all computers and modern technology. I have never played a Steel Batallion game, but it's well known.

3- Haunt

A XBLA game, from NanaOn-Sha -Parappa- and.... Microsoft Game Studios. It's about a haunted house dripping mystery with traps, ghosts, ghouls and frights. Apparently it will be a family game, as it invites friends and family to evade the dangers of a haunted house. It's a “chilling mystery” game and it will be a more family friendly affair, offering “spooky fun” in a haunted house setting.

http://www.chiphicharlotte.com/images/haunted_house_klac.jpg

haunted_house.jpg

711.jpg

4- Rise of Nightmares

It is a retail game, and very much a serious survival horror game, made by Sega. It will require the player to use the whole of their body to "experience fright and horror as never before". It also promises to deliver “a spine-tingling horror experience” that gets players using the entire body.

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_237916_thumb300.jpg

5- Project Draco

The fifth one, “Project Draco” (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios), was created by the author of “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi.

The game is quite captivating since it is a 3D story, in which you learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat.

projectdraco.jpg

project-draco.jpg

Each of these titles are expected to be available for Kinect-only in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, and there we see the start of some potentially more core oriented games with more development time (2 years worth if launching for holiday 2011). Just in time for MS to make a push for the core user with a potential price drop to 99 USD.

Regards,
SB

Great update Cyan! Thanks! I've updated the OP list of games. Will have to add video later.

Tommy McClain

From a user interface perspective I think Steel Batallion could be very interesting, controlling a large machine with virtual levers. These things can't move too fast anyway, so it could be a pretty decent fit in theory.

Yes, and Steel Batallion had expensive controller, so the target audience won't mind the high initial price. The small number of "different enough" titles helps to focus and shape the Kinect experience. Very well executed.

These are the first games for Kinect that make my wallet sad.

Especially Steel Battalion. The possibilities of that one (virtual buttons and levers) are really neat. I'd imagine you'd still use a regular controller for some aspects of the game and virtual controllers for others, but it could really sweet.

From a user interface perspective I think Steel Batallion could be very interesting, controlling a large machine with virtual levers. These things can't move too fast anyway, so it could be a pretty decent fit in theory.

Have they said anything about how it will use kinect? as soon as i heard of it Robot Jox came to mind:

[YT]vUxDmKFCD2o[/YT]

New details on Kinect Adventures...

In addition to the mini-games Rallyball, Reflex Ridge, River Rush & Space Pop there's now 20,000 Leaks. There's also news that there will be online play.

500x_1-1000_01.jpg

500x_pop2-1000_01.jpg

500x_leak1-1000_01.jpg

500x_2-1000_01.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5639695/

I've also included the achievements here...

Code:
Best Buds		Have a friend join you while playing an activity or challenge			20
Just Like Being There	Play any individual activity with another player online				20
Cheese!			See a photo get taken								10
Reminisce		View a saved photo								10
Recording Artist	Record 2 Living Statues								20
Recording Thespian	Record 6 Living Statues								30
Sharing Is Caring	Upload, or see someone upload a Living Statue or photo to the Internet		20
Variety Pack		Play all activities in Free Play						20
Captured Captions	See 10 different captions on your photos					30
Shining Example		Get a Gold Medal in all activities in Free Play					40
Explorer		Play every level in Free Play							50
Basic Training		Earn a Silver Medal, or see one earned, in all Basic Free Play levels		20
Silver Spoon		Earn a Silver Medal, or see one earned, in all Intermediate Free Play levels	30
Shining Advancement	Earn a Silver Medal, or see one earned, in all Advanced Free Play levels	40
14k Gold		Earn a Gold Medal, or see one earned, in all Basic Free Play levels		30
18k Gold		Earn a Gold Medal, or see one earned, in all Intermediate Free Play levels	40
Solid Gold		Earn a Gold Medal, or see one earned, in all Advanced Free Play levels		50
Orbital			Participate in the reward ceremony for the Space Loot Adventure			30
Davy Jones' Blocker	Participate in the reward ceremony for the Sunken Treasure Adventure		30
Globetrotter		Participate in the reward ceremony for the Around the World Adventure		30
Warm up			Participate in all Basic Adventures' reward ceremonies				25
Adventurous		Participate in all Intermediate Adventures' reward ceremonies			50
Advanced Degree		Participate in all Advanced Adventures' reward ceremonies			75
Fulfilled Your Destiny	Participate in every Adventure reward ceremony					50
Recording Master	Record all 11 Living Statues							50
Time Flies		Successfully complete all Reflex Ridge time challenges, or see them completed	30
Happily Ever Rafter	Successfully complete all River Rush time challenges, or see them completed	30
Court Adjourned		Successfully complete all Rallyball time challenges, or see them completed	30
Secret Achievement	Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.				50
Secret Achievement	Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.				10
Secret Achievement	Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.				10
Secret Achievement	Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.				20

Tommy McClain

Back