Killzone looks to be an amazing game after all!

MGS3 is 30fps too.. uh-0ooh...
I also heard rumors that GT4 online was struggling at 30fps hence the delays, and GTA SA having worse framerates than VC.

Dont be too hard on yourself. :p

I guess this season hardhitters runing 60fps, are mainly GT4(offline), MP2 and HL2.

HL2 being Half Life 2? Being on PC, that one is a bit of a wild card, it could run at any framerate depending on what machine it's running on.

Also, wasn't GT4 confirmed to be offline? Or did i dream that?

london-boy said:
Errr... So there were people who actually "expected" this to run at 60fps? On PS2? How naive...

no, there were people that decided to believe the developers when they originally stated they were aiming for 60fps and touting it as a key-feature compared to HALO.

pahcman said:

I hope you're kidding... last I heard it was 60fps, no different than MGS2. Meh, if this is true, I think I'll stop playing til next generation.

As for GT4 (online) being 30fps: offical statement? thanks.

london-boy said:
HL2 being Half Life 2? Being on PC, that one is a bit of a wild card, it could run at any framerate depending on what machine it's running on.

Also, wasn't GT4 confirmed to be offline? Or did i dream that?

GT4 is going to be online' it'll just be online later:

First of all, let's discuss the recent developments. To get the worst over with, there was that disastrous announcement at the TGS, that Online would not make it into this year's release of GT4 and would be released separately 'somewhere' in 2005.

Why the heck would they do such a dastardly thing? Well, it's pretty simple. Polyphony Digital is an ambitious lot and so is the online component. Basically it wants to see lag-free gameplay with more features than you can shake a stick at. The problem is that especially between regions there tends to be a lot of lag and that's a tough nut to crack, as a result of which you see very few real-time games (which racing at 60 fps requires) support actual worldwide online gaming.

full story

From the demo, MGS3 is 30 hz with some slowdown and screen tearing.

The GT4 team has reportedly had issues with rate drops down to 30 when experimenting in some online functionality, like multiple players and voice chat.

I'm not sure if MGS3 is 30 or 60fps, but from the videos I've seen it looks smooth enough to be 60fps. I saw no stuttering or skipping, it looks all silky smooth. There is some occasional tearing, like there was on MGS2, it appears on first person mode.

pahcman said:
I also heard rumors that GT4 online was struggling at 30fps hence the delays, and GTA SA having worse framerates than VC.

Dont be too hard on yourself. :p

I guess this season hardhitters runing 60fps, are mainly GT4(offline), MP2 and HL2.

Well from the 3 reviews i have read, SA runs and looks better than Vice..

So there.. but please keep us posted.

Back