Killzone looks to be an amazing game after all!

McFly

Veteran
http://killzone.ng-gamer.nl/article.php?id=30

Killzone has shown us, that it overcomes to the hype! The game plays wonderful and everything is spot on, sound, atmosphere, controls and A.I. On all these points, this game scores the highest score possible. Some of you won't be happy with the little freedom given, tough! What you get in return has way more value. A game that plays amazing and in a movie style of way not yet seen before!

The game starts off perhaps a little slowly, but the levels become more joyful and the challenge becomes increasingly difficult as you progress further into the game. You are sucked in and the game releases you again once you have won the war. You will feel comfortable due to the fact you can depend on your team. In many levels you really feel familiar when you are not alone. Also your team allows you to feel like a part of the game; you really get a bond with the characters. This is something that you will really appreciate!

Now that we've played the game we only can think about it, now we really know how it is to be missing a game… It was unbelievably addicting! Every one who has the nerve not to buy the game should definitely rent it. We feel sorry for those who won't play this game. Patience is a virtue, now we understand what it means…In November Killzone has finally arrived!

http://people.freenet.de/axsider/kill8.jpg

Can't wait to finaly play this game after all this talk over the last year now as it seems that the game actualy is great. :)

Fredi

What do you mean 'amazing game after all'? I'm not aware of anything that has given us grave cause to doubt this.

Guden Oden said:
What do you mean 'amazing game after all'? I'm not aware of anything that has given us grave cause to doubt this.

There was a demo out with framerate and stupid AI problems, but that seems to be fixed now.

Fredi

Guden Oden said:
That was ages ago, and the demo wasn't widely circulated either.

Widely enough to move the game from my most wanted list ... it's great that there's now reason to add it to that list once again. :)

Fredi

Half-Life 2. Oh, did you say something? :)

Ehhh.. we'll see if Killzone is any good when the mainstream gets ahold of it.

That sounds like a great marketing ploy to keep overhype from killing sales. Release a limited demo that sucks so that the hardcore players who like to go overboard on hyping things shut up, then surprise everybody by not totally sucking.

3dilettante said:
That sounds like a great marketing ploy to keep overhype from killing sales. Release a limited demo that sucks so that the hardcore players who like to go overboard on hyping things shut up, then surprise everybody by not totally sucking.

Heh the good ol bait and switch, glad to see some people still falling for it hook, line, and sinker. :LOL:

hmm... is there any talk on the framerate? I still can't make up my mind if it's 60 or 30 fps now...? Everyone's been awefully quiet on the subject, which has me believing it's in fact the latter, though I'm still hoping for a more or less constant 60...

60fps really is out of the question. The best we can hope for is no vsynch so that framerates don't constantly pop between 60 and 30 if it's not locked at 30 that is...

Phil,

I don't know for a fact what the framerate is. But from the UK reviews I have read, no one mentions them. That would make me believe that it is only 30fps.

For example with both GT3 and Timesplitters reviews make a point of mentioning 60 fps.

With all the fire and smoke and enemy AIs running around in fairly complex level layouts etc, I would say it's impossible for this game to hold 60fps.

Guden Oden said:
With all the fire and smoke and enemy AIs running around in fairly complex level layouts etc, I would say it's impossible for this game to hold 60fps.

Halo2 anyone?

Guden Oden said:

Wasn't that the whole point behind the "greatness" of this game? 60fps?

utterly disgusting. :devilish:

I bashed Halo1/2 for its 30fps gameplay. I bashed Project Gotham 2 for being 30fps. I will bash Killzone equally. Meh, what a bloody disapointment. :cry:

Thanks for the info guys.

Back