Just got a 3500+ Clawhammer installed!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Yay! I didn't break my PC, YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

My friend Nikki over at Elite Bastards upgraded to a 4800x2 and sent me his old 3500+ Clawhammer. I haven't been in Bubbles, (yes, I named my PC "Bubbles"), in ages...like 2-3 months...so she was dusty as hell and in need of some maintainance. I ended up pretty much pulling her apart and testing out our new canister vacuum before I swapped CPUs, but she's sooo much better now that it seems worth the shower and cleaning my kitchen again. :)

I was just happy as hell when she fired up again, I've been having awful luck with PCs lately and was just scared to death I'd fry her somehow....now I feel like I've broken my jinx. :)

I couldn't believe how dusty Bubs was, I ended up replacing two fans in her and found out why my hard drives were so hot. (My 90mm on the backside of my case was jammed with dust and just acting as a heater... :oops: )

Sorry for the babble, but I'm relieved/happy about it and since I don't have any REAL friends who could "get it" I thought I'd share it with me best virtual ones. :cool:

Nice. I'm gonna be picking up a Core 2 Duo 6300 and Asrock 775Dual-VSTA next week. To believe I've been running on a A64 2800+ for around two years now, should be a massive upgrade!

Digi, you should invest in some fan filters. I have them on all my fans and I took a panty hose and cut out some and streched it across the 25cm. Works pretty well and makes cleaning the fans just as easy as popping the filters off, running through water, and popping them back on. Plus I dont have to clean out the entire thing since its clean already.

I've seen some pretty dusty computers in my day. I cleaned up a computer that had a Pentium Pro in it about three weeks ago, the dust was caked on everywhere, the computer inside was just a shade of brownish color, nasty stuff, I charged extra. :LOL:

What did you have in Bubbles before, or was it dead?

No, she's fine....hold on a tic.

BluePhoenix Tuly 1.4Ghz, TUSL2-C, 512MBcas2, 6800GT, ATi Theatre 550 Pro, TBSC, DVD, 10/100NIC, 60GB
Bubbles 3500+ Clawhammer, Asus A8R32-MVP, OCZ EL platinum rev 2 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200, 2xATi Radeon X1800GTOs, Audigy2, Altec-Lansing ADA885, DVDR, 80GB, 200GB, 200GB
Blackwell Barton 2500+ @ 10x200, A7N8X-E Deluxe rev 1.01, 2x512MB PC3200, 256MB Radeon X800 TT (500/540), DVD, 10/100NIC, 80GB WD w/8MB cache
Skitty Athlon 2000+, DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B, 512MB, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, 60GB, QuickCam
^My sig from EB.

Bubbles had a Venice 3000+ in her before that could do 2.47Ghz, but I had her clocked back for the summer to 2Ghz.

I'm going to invest in a new case soon that has filters built in that are easy to clean, I already decided on an Ennermax Chakra....but we're also considering buying a less dusty house soon so my PC budget is zero again. :(

Next up I got my 3000+ and a 939 mobo with an AGP socket out in the garage, should I upgrade Blue or Blackwell? (Wife's or son's PC, respectively)

Both.

Blackwell to fit with 3000+ and S939 (from old Bubbles).
BluePhoenix to fit Barton 2500+ (from old Blackwell).

Back