Jurassic Worlds Evolution, by Frontier [PS4, XO]

I hope we'll get info/real footage soon!! :)

Kinda off topic: I couldn't help remembering No Man's Sky at 1:03, and an evil smile came to my face.

I could probably get into this. Guess I better watch the latest movie.

Tommy McClain

Back then I played Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis very often. The music was nice.

"Message from Doctor Grant"
"Messages from Doctor Sattler"
"Message from Doctor Wu"

Last edited:
God has heard me, been waiting for something in the vein of Operation Genesis with current gen tech since forever! The amount of hours that I've spent on OG was disgusting back then because first I'm a huge JP fan and second the game was just addictive. Wonder what engine this one uses, hope they have a decent budget to do it and go nuts with all the newly discovered species, imagine having Patagotitan in it:).

Yes, it would be awesome if the budget is high and the graphics would be good/complex. The engine should also be able to use all CPU cores.

Right now this is my main concern.

This looks absolutely up my alley. I love rollercoaster/theme park management sims and now you're throwing dinosaurs into the mix?

Oh yes.. :yes:

This looks absolutely up my alley. I love rollercoaster/theme park management sims and now you're throwing dinosaurs into the mix?

Oh yes.. :yes:
yup. it is coming out for the PC, I might get it for the PC.

Theme park simulator from the developers of Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster.

Initial release timeline is sometime in 2018.

New trailer

The dinosaurs look great and the animations are pretty fluid too, especially for this type of theme park game :). Would be cool to have it released at the same time frame of Fallen Kingdom.

The dinosaurs look great and the animations are pretty fluid too, especially for this type of theme park game :). Would be cool to have it released at the same time frame of Fallen Kingdom.
gotta admit I had never heard of that game before.

The video above shows the first in-game footage of the game. I'd love to see feathered raptors and Tyrannosaurus Rex....everything else looks like day one material for the most part.

Yes! Comes out around the same day as the movie what a double whammy. Games looks gorgeous especially the dinosaur animation, also love the in depth management of the facility and DNA sequencing. So apparently 40 species including Indominus Rex in the making, I'm gonna pit my Rexy against I Rex and Spino all day long over and over again :). I'll call it Carnivore Tournament of Power in my theme park.

I've been playing the game since one week and I like it very much. What bothers me the most is that I can't exactly set the key assignment on the PC.
It's only about 4 GB in total and that would be the smallest game I've seen in years. Which is good for my SSD.

According to current knowledge Stygimoloch and Dracorex are probably juvenile Pachycephalosaurus and not a genus of their own. Universal or Frontier should pay more attention to these issues.

Last edited:
Seems to have quite mixed reviews, I think in part as people were expecting Planet Coaster with dinosaurs. One review described it as more a clicker than park management sim.

Sounds typical of Frontier. They really nail one element, the dinos in this case, and don't quite manage to get the structure right.

Will give at a go at some point I think. Probably once they've done a few updates. Planet Coaster added a lot over the last year.

Last edited:
Seems to have quite mixed reviews, I think in part as people were expecting Planet Coaster with dinosaurs.

This is exactly what I was expecting but the lack of park customisation options made this a no-buy for me. Perhaps if it gets some serious enhancements/expansions and a price cut.

I don't know Planet Coster but overall it reminds me a lot of the Jurassic World Operation Genesis where Jurassic World Evolution is mostly bigger and better. Players who prefer to change every little detail and like to design a lot don't get enough attention here. That's right.

Huge patches? Is that really coming? I honestly didn't expect it.

Last edited:
Free patches? Is that really coming? I honestly didn't expect it.

I don't expect free new features but like Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, I expect enhancements, patches and DLC that will eventually be much cheaper than at launch. Because this is in Frontier's DNA. :yep2:

My bad. I interpreted something else in there at first and that is why I corrected my comment shortly afterwards.

Let's see. I already paid a lot more than for most games but they probably have significant licensing costs.

Back