Japan Sales Thread *renamed

I believe that vgcharts information *is* Media Create, and *is* NPD when everything is said and done. So I just have to assume these reflect the present release. Something sort of depressing (and wrong) about those software totals though is that it only adds up what's in the vgcharts top 20.

So there we go, people wanted a PS3 game in the Top 30, there it is. ;)

As I thought, Gears of War dropped off, but here comes a new 360 game to make some sales. Two weeks from now we should get the Media Create numbers that include the VF5 launch; I still have a positive outlook on those. PS3 sales need the equivlent jumpstart 360 enjoyed when it got some 'real' games for it, and speaking of 360, whatever becomes of it in the end in Japan, it's at least in a different class than XBox1 was - and seems like it could carve a niche for itself out when everything is said and done. Still early days though to be makign any calls either way.

I believe that vgcharts information *is* Media Create, and *is* NPD when everything is said and done. So I just have to assume these reflect the present release. Something sort of depressing (and wrong) about those software totals though is that it only adds up what's in the vgcharts top 20.

I doubt they are Media Create's numbers as for the week ending 21st, two the lists are different.
Anyway, if Enchanted Arms was released on 27th, it may see significantly better sales next week. Now, that would be interesting for a 360 port.

These VGcharts numbers are probably Famitsu numbers. The previous couple of weeks there look like they were from Famitsu instead of Media Create. Media create numbers come out on Thursday.

As I thought, Gears of War dropped off, but here comes a new 360 game to make some sales. Two weeks from now we should get the Media Create numbers that include the VF5 launch; I still have a positive outlook on those. PS3 sales need the equivlent jumpstart 360 enjoyed when it got some 'real' games for it, and speaking of 360, whatever becomes of it in the end in Japan, it's at least in a different class than XBox1 was - and seems like it could carve a niche for itself out when everything is said and done. Still early days though to be makign any calls either way.

Interestingly Japanese 360 gamers with roughly half the userbase of ps3 bought 60% more software and Wii gamers bought 7x more software than ps3 gamers with roughly twice the userbase *in this top 20 chart*.

Last edited by a moderator:
In American English language it's perfectly normal and accepted to use impossible to mean very very very very very very unlikely and that's what I meant when I said it was impossible. I think londonboy is just very bored.:p

I am American and "improbable" would have been a better choice as "impossible" even in american english means literally not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.

Betan and Thatdude - ok got it, thanks for the heads up. I'd just noticed that the thread originated on a "Wednesday" so thought that today would be today. Perhaps though, it's tonight that's the night. ;)

Interestingly Japanese 360 gamers with roughly half the userbase of ps3 bought 60% more software and Wii gamers bought 7x more software than ps3 gamers with roughly twice the userbase.

ChefO you're confusing the software sales numbers with... software sales numbers. In actuality, those numbers are just the tally of the Top 20 - they don't represent actual market-wide software sales numbers.

ChefO you're confusing the software sales numbers with... software sales numbers. In actuality, those numbers are just the tally of the Top 20 - they don't represent actual market-wide software sales numbers.

heh :oops: good catch :D

Still - stagering numbers for Wii in that region.

In American English language it's perfectly normal and accepted to use impossible to mean very very very very very very unlikely and that's what I meant when I said it was impossible. I think londonboy is just very bored.:p

haha spot on!! this is my last week at my current job and let me tell you, it's the longest week of my life!! SO bored!!

Well we had the numbers by 4am my time (GMT) last week, so i guess if they're reliable, you'll have them within the next 6 hours, so some time in the morning in Japan

I am American and "improbable" would have been a better choice as "impossible" even in american english means literally not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.

Of course but as an American you should also know that we don't take every spoken word literally.

Anyway...the sales numbers are crazy! Nintendo must be very happy especially Yamauchi.

Well, Jonnyram on GAF said that they are only issuing 150k of VF5 first week. In addition to that, VF4, with 9,000,000+ PS2s in Japan at the time, sold to 5% of the userbase during it's first week. The way Sega has their arcade setup with VF5, there isn't a lot of incentive to buy the console version. The way they have everything networked and so forth. Will we see a bump in PS3 sales? Yes, I'm sure of it. I also have reason to believe that most of the people that want VF5, also has a PS3 already over there. In any event, time will tell.

How can anyone take VGcharts seriously when they still have the 360 selling 8.5 million while MS has confirmed 10.4 million shipped to retailers over 1 month ago?

With the amount of 360's sold over the holidays I do not find it realistic that 2 million 360's are sitting on store shelves for over 1 month, yet retailers are still buying them in truckloads from MS. If there were that many sitting around they would not be ordering so many from MS. There 360 numbers have always been low and even when actual sale through numbers are given there numbers for the 360 hardly budge.

I think you answered yourself.

Not that i think their numbers are correct anyway...

You missed a part:

How can anyone take VGcharts seriously when they still have the 360 selling 8.5 million while MS has confirmed 10.4 million shipped to retailers over 1 month ago?

Back