Jan NPD hardware stolen from GAF

FWIW : Play.com has no XB360 consoles, but has XB360 Cores (no amount specified). The core is 6th place in XB360 populat purchases. The full system is placed 34th. Hence Core is outselling Premium and still has some in stock.

Dunno what that means. Sounds like more Cores are being supplied the Premiums. Or Premiums are all on backorder and the website only logs online non-preordered purchases?

What I find funny, is that there indeed is plenty of Core packages around, and shortage of Premiums.

If the demand was that high as to cause this shortage, wouldn't that mean people are desperate to get their hands on an xbox360?
Still, there's plenty of Cores and those HDD accessories lying around, why don't those people so in need of xbox360 buy the Core unit plus the additional HDD.
I know it's slightly more expensive than the Premium package if you buy them separately, but if there is such high demand, I'm sure they would be flying off the shelves.

Or is the Premium package "shortage" really because.... dare I say it... they are just not selling, thus they are not being delivered.

That's ok though, as the Core unit was supposed to be the one that would generate the majority of sales and xbox360 userbase.

Daryl said:
I do agree here. Games like say Phantom Brave on PS3, will they cause the Sony loyalist enough graphical difference to ditch his trusty PS2 when that time comes? It is hard to say but that's a very good point.

That's a whole different situation. You don't lose anything by going from PS2 -> PS3.

I'd guess that maybe almost all XB360 buyers are XB owners who know about the HDD, want the HDD, and aren't willing to pay the same price for less stuff. Perhaps if the Core+memory card was a lot cheaper, people wouldn't be put off by the doofus economics of buying the seperates when a shortage of the bundle compels them too?

rabidrabbit said:
What I find funny, is that there indeed is plenty of Core packages around, and shortage of Premiums.

If the demand was that high as to cause this shortage, wouldn't that mean people are desperate to get their hands on an xbox360?
Still, there's plenty of Cores and those HDD accessories lying around, why don't those people so in need of xbox360 buy the Core unit plus the additional HDD.
I know it's slightly more expensive than the Premium package if you buy them separately, but if there is such high demand, I'm sure they would be flying off the shelves.

Or is the Premium package "shortage" really because.... dare I say it... they are just not selling, thus they are not being delivered.

That's ok though, as the Core unit was supposed to be the one that would generate the majority of sales and xbox360 userbase.

I haven't seen a Premium system since it launched (and I have been looking), I've just recently started seeing cores but I have yet to see the harddrive accessory.

I want all the extras so I'm gonna wait until I find a Premium.

I agree that the core system seem to be in abundance but where are these HHD's you speak of, because i can't find one anywhere.

You also should think about people who don't want a wired controller, if they buy a core + HDD they still won't have a wireless controller, or component cables.

That alone could make people wait, rather than spend the extra money.

Edit -- post above proves my point.

rabidrabbit said:

You haven't been paying attention to MS strategy. Have you? LOL at your ridiculous assertions.

rabidrabbit said:

That might be the case in Europe but it is still hard to find any Xbox 360, core or not, in the US at least for the suggested retail price.

rabidrabbit said:

What I find funny is you have no actual clue about the current situation with regards to supply and demand, and make idiotic statement like:
"is the Premium package "shortage" really because.... dare I say it... they are just not selling,"

Are you honestly this out of touch with reality? AKA completely clueless? Premiums are still nowhere to be found, and core's are few and far between.

GB123 said:
I agree that the core system seem to be in abundance but where are these HHD's you speak of, because i can't find one anywhere.

FWIW, I actually did see, in real life, a 360 HD accessory. It was at, of all places, Sears! They had like 5 of them hanging in the accessories section. Just wanted to interject that they do actually exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
expletive said:
FWIW, I actually did see, in real life, a 360 HD accessory. It was at, of all places, Sears! They had like 5 of them hanging in the accessories section. Just wanted to interject that they do actually exist.

Sears? :LOL: Man they might as well be non-existent. Nobody would think about going there.

mckmas8808 said:
Sears? :LOL: Man they might as well be non-existent. Nobody would think about going there.

I know i was in there helping a friend shop for a plasmas during a sale, lo and behold, the entire NA stock of accessory HDs!

Last edited by a moderator:
mckmas8808 said:

Actually the more intelligent gamers would likely go to Target, Sears, Walmart where most gamers usually don't go as their supply of accessories would sit there far longer than say GS, BB, CC, EB etc.

Strange its so diff. I remember when i bought mine the day after the launch they had 10 booked premiums that nobody had come to get so it was just to buy. Now you can get premium or core easy either preowned or new, the only thing that has been shortage on is the VGA cabel.

Easy guys :) All I was saying that I can now find a "Core" package and a HDD to go with it very easily where I live.

There's shortage of Premiums though, but that's mainly because the shops rather stock the Cores than the more expensive Premiums.

The Cores just sell better to mainstream buyers, who don't care that much about the extra functionality the HDD offers (or don't even know what they'd be missing without the HDD).

Really, if MS can manufacture enough of those Core packages (and manufacture enough they can, why don't they reach the shores of US is a matter of debate), why would they have manufacturing difficulties and troubles meeting the demand with the Premium pack.
It's a HDD, not some new exotic chip, shouldn't be difficult to supply if the demamd is there.

The xbox360 is selling well enough, there's no denying that, but I just don't think there is such a shortage caused by unprecedented demand as some quarters are willing to hype.
Yes, there is a strategy to Microsoft, and the quantities of xbox360s manufactured, that's for sure, there's no denying that ;)

Johnny Awesome said:
You haven't been paying attention to MS strategy. Have you? LOL at your ridiculous assertions.

What in the world does Microsofts 'stratergy' have to do with Rabidrabbits comment?

rabidrabbit said:
Easy guys :) All I was saying that I can now find a "Core" package and a HDD to go with it very easily where I live.

There's shortage of Premiums though, but that's mainly because the shops rather stock the Cores than the more expensive Premiums.

The Cores just sell better to mainstream buyers, who don't care that much about the extra functionality the HDD offers (or don't even know what they'd be missing without the HDD).

I don't know a single person that has bought Core, but many that has Premium, and I can also find Premiums here in Finland, but they are not in game stores, but in supermarkets.

I bought a Core pack with a harddisk..

(after buying selling 7 premiums) .
I hear since a good week you can buyat a lot of places both packs here in belgium

Back