Is this HDTV?

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/tv/flattv/slimfittv/cs_29z40he.asp?page=Specifications

It says Yes to HD Ready, what does it mean? And is 100 MHz = Progressive Scan?
No, 100 Hz (not MHz) means the TV can double the fields in a PAL (50Hz) signal. Every discrete half-image is displayed twice. This is purely to reduce eye-strain.

There's no info on the site about progressive scan AFAICS but I think it's pretty safe to assume that the TV can display progressive signals. It's just so easy to implement, it would be silly if they left that out.

What is false, the fact it has a horizontal resolution of 800 lines?
Or that is has to do downscalling?

Yes I think in terms of bitrate. Good to know the image quality is good and the scalling works well :)

What is false, the fact it has a horizontal resolution of 800 lines?
Or that is has to do downscalling?

Yes I think in terms of bitrate. Good to know the image quality is good and the scalling works well :)
There's no scaling at all: i ask this to Samsung and Samsung told me that (i already have the mail).

There's no scaling at all: i ask this to Samsung and Samsung told me that (i already have the mail).
Sorry, still dont understand. I am slow today.

Is the physical grid 800x1080 ? (saw that in the avsforum)
There is no digital scalling but just analog scalling? (blending pixels ?)
Thanks

It's a CRT, right? :???:
CRTs don't have fixed pixel grids ...
CRT have optimun resolution which usually is the physical grid. My old Trinitron monitor physical grid is 1024x768 (which was the optimun). Eventually I could use the 1280x1024 resolution but not with the best definition possible.

Is this HDTV?
Naaa... This is HDTV.

sed858j_1159966388.jpg

Back