IRC channel?

Tim Murray

the Windom Earle of mobile SOCs
Veteran
Is there a Beyond3D IRC channel anywhere? Would be kinda nice to be able to ask stupid questions before I go and make a fool of myself in public. ;)

The Baron said:
Is there a Beyond3D IRC channel anywhere? Would be kinda nice to be able to ask stupid questions before I go and make a fool of myself in public. ;)

Don't you consider an IRC chan public ?
The only difference would be that it wouldn't be on server for posterity. ;)

Don't know of any such chan, might be interested, depends on which network it would be.

Real time flame wars?

Power struggles over mod power to boot whichever particular flavor of f-anboy you're not?

Though seriously, "real time" chat might be easier than some of the long drawn out point by point discussions that some of the members tend to engage in. And be more productive at making me non-productive at work.

edit: I wish the board wouldn't replace f-anboy with nothing. It looked like I forgot a word. :/

We have a chat at FM, and it is pretty nice. Sometimes we get some odd guys there picking fights, but luckily we have some bots and good ops who take care of them! ;)

We are cooking up a new online IRC (perl) which is really nice, works and is easy to customize. And above all, easy to use! Username and one click and you are chatting. :D

We are cooking up a new online IRC (perl) which is really nice, works and is easy to customize. And above all, easy to use! Username and one click and you are chatting.

Perl browser-based IRC client? Weird. Think I saw it once before, but I dunno, that one might have been PHP and DHTML. Hopefully it doesn't have the amazing amounts of delay that one had...

And yes, because a lot of the posts here are only two or three sentences long, and often that's just asking for a clarification of some info.

RussSchultz said:
Power struggles over mod power to boot whichever particular flavor of <bleep> you're not?

DAMNIT RUSS! I'm not going to place quotes in my posts. o_O :LOL:

RussSchultz said:
Though seriously, "real time" chat might be easier than some of the long drawn out point by point discussions that some of the members tend to engage in. And be more productive at making me non-productive at work.

I think real time chat will allow you to get your point across quicker.

The Baron said:
Perl browser-based IRC client? Weird. Think I saw it once before, but I dunno, that one might have been PHP and DHTML. Hopefully it doesn't have the amazing amounts of delay that one had...
The one we are testing/using seems to be fine. At least it is better than the one we currently have! The one we are using is a Java based IRC client, which is ok, but is hard to expand/edit/change + it is a very old system.

The new one that we are currently working on is http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/. We have been tuning it up a bit, so what you see is not what you get! ;)

Back