Interview with David Kirk

Hi, this is my first post at Beyond3d (altho I have followed these discussions for some time :) )

Someone has even gone to the effort of writing 3rd party drivers for GFs that improve IQ at the expense of a couple of fps.

So to the point: I understand that you're talking about Omega drivers? If you do, those omega drivers don't improve IQ, they just change the LOD lower so someone might think that it looks sharper. But there are some problems with the drivers too (NWN looks awful and Q3 too). But my point is that they don't improve IQ, they just let you think it does.

Mulciber said:
Dolemite said:
Reverend said:
There was a miscommunication - the interview wasn't supposed to appear before 31 July. I just pulled it.

In any case, the content should essentially be the same however.

WRT David and his salesmanship - what do you expect? He works for NVIDIA :rolleyes:

And what should I exactly be ashamed of?

Whenever something has to be specifically timed like this, you can be assured of its PRness. IMO, this is the kind of journalism (if you can call it that) that we can do without. It seems the distinction between reporter and PR-slut gets blurrier by the day.

What happened to the days when so-called journalists actually communicated what they learned instead of this NDA'd PR cockgobbling?

:-?

lol, those days are gone(dont know if they ever existed in this industry). if nvidia pr doesnt get its "cock gobbled" properly, then you can be damn sure the people who are getting the info now, wont be getting any chance of seeing it in the future ;)

I think some of the problem is just the nature of the web. I remember a few years back when there were just a few major hardware/gaming websites, like Anandtech, HardOCP, VE, AGNHardware, etc. Now all those guys except AGN are still around, but there are about 10x more very similar websites, so with all the linking and quoting that goes on, nVidia can easily pick who they want to spread their PR crap and it'll get out to everyone regardless of where it is. Way back when, nVidia was not so big, but they also had to actually give out some info to get the major websites to post something. Now, whoever will agree to bland questions with no follow-ups and canned PR responses (IOW, cockgobbling), will get the interview.

So Rev, how does it taste? :p

David Kirk and John Carmack they have one thing in common (besides being male) they are false profets

Didn't bother reading it thx for pulling it do reverend 8)
Im just fed up with those dudes yadayadayadayadayada..............is what I hear when they open their mouth unfortunately as always people believe them and follow like dumb sheep.......

The problem with society is they don't think for themselve anymore

If you aren't knowledgeable enough to make your own decisions about what 3D hardware is right for you, then you are at the mercy of whatever source you listen to, whether it's a web board or some company's marketing.

So very true.......

Aidan,

I have a better option in mind, but I fear the connection you might come up with again. ;)

Back