inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

1658387_814914218523533_1251722667_o.jpg

Ok, Sucker Punch is the current God of producing amazing IQ console wise. :oops:

That's a photo.

:cool:

From vgleaks but site is blocked at work

Infamous technic facts by VGLeaks :

Citation :
• 11,000: Number of ‘ashbit’ particles Delsin shatters into during a single smoke dash through the air. Each particle is individually textured (including the custom jacket!), before reforming!

• 75: Number of high-resolution scanned poses of Troy Baker’s face that were needed to train our performance capture system to produce Delsin’s facial animations. Troy had 168 tracked markers placed on his face and his head mesh resulted in 22,321 separate vertices (not counting his eyes, lashes, or beanie) that were used for various in-game animations.

• 32 machines are used in the render farmthat computed all the reflected/ambient lighting in the game.

• Each rain drop is considered a particle and there are over 30,000 of them.

• There are 1,024 sound variations of the smoke bolt. It will rarely sound the same twice.

• Adaptive Ambient System enables each district to have its own atmosphere that conforms to the time of day, type of weather, and if the DUP controls it or if Delsin has freed it.

• Over 50 individual sounds are used in a smoke orbital.

• Delsin’s head is built out of 60,000 triangles, plus 7,500 triangles for his beanie.

• We have 168 skeleton joints just for Delsin’s face.

• The blocks in our version of Seattle are 100 meters square. That’s exactly the same size as an actual Seattle block.

• During our cut scenes, each of the 20,000 vertexes on Delsin’s face is animated independently, thirty times a second.

Another photo. ;) I really like how they depict the trees, so much details and it's a crappy 158kb jpg compressed pic!

ibzh7Il6K8Q8Vf.jpg

The heavy emphasis on particles seems like another example of things that fit well enough in the GPU's strengths and weaknesses, which Sucker Punch has promised to present on.
The raw numbers look good, though the fluids/particles thing is a difference in quantity rather than a fundamental change from what GPUs have been leveraged for rather routinely.

I do find it rather humorous how much emphasis Delsin's beanie commands.

That last screenshot is Delsin with a previously unknown power. He is not using it, but the UI may spoil it a bit. I got that power last night, so I recognize it now.

60 000 polygons for the head + 7500 for the beanie, so maybe 100 000 for the whole body ? I guess those are cutscene numbers ?

60 000 polygons for the head + 7500 for the beanie, so maybe 100 000 for the whole body ? I guess those are cutscene numbers ?

Not sure, my guess is that is for cutscenes. However the gameplay lod has pretty high poly count. Check out this camera glitch during gameplay.

ibeKVsNjxKvxru.jpg

I wonder what the white shimmering is under the car at the junction? I guess it could be LEDs on a street racing car :???:

BF 4 lacks some of those features, but its cross gen and 60hz, so its not completely fair to compare 1:1.

BF4 would be great but IMO its IQ is just terrible. It looks superb in small, metal spaces like interior of the carrier, but open world levels with trees are just terrible. Aliasing everywhere and poor IQ. I play it a lot still on my PS4, but I really dislike IQ in frostbite games as much as I dislike it in unreal engine games...

Back