inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

It is not just a good Infamous game, it is great so far. I've put about 10 hours into it, but I have not progressed very far in the story. I have been playing around and liberating the various sectors.

I think the embargo is up to keep the spoilers low. It also helps generate big buzz the day before release. Last gen they would let the embargo up three weeks early (KZ3) and the buzz would be near dead by the time the game came out.

First of all, I hate you. How do you have the game already??
Secondly...... Any word on the other powers? :) pleeeeeease :)

Of course you can go story mission to story mission and probably finish quickly. Why would anyone do that? I've put 10 hours in and must be fairly early in the story. I also have not touched the evil play through. Not that story time is a good metric for game quality. I can beat TLoU and Uncharted 2 in under 10 hours, what does that mean? At least Second Son is an open world game with two distinct play throughs and tons of collectibles and side missions.

First of all, I hate you. How do you have the game already??

eBay. I have the two powers that have been in the media; smoke and neon. There are two other powers in the game that I have seen, but I don't know if Delsin gets either one. One is related to this:

http://infamouspapertrail.com/about

I've read the guy who platinumed the game has a AMA on reddit and that he reveals the powers. I've also read that you'd be really unlikely to guess them :)

I'm holding out. I want to be genuinely surprised when I play it.

The mini-map looks MASSIVE in Second Son. M A S S I V E

or, maybe what could be gotten out of a mid range gpu and low end CPU with a lot of ram in a closed box when coded to specifically was underestimated.

its been a long time since 360 and ps3 debuted, i'd expect even modest hardware in comparison to high end PC's to outdo the last generation handily.

That's what makes me excited for the future of these next consoles. Can't wait for friday.

that cap reminds me of watch dogs 2012, right at the beginning of the trailer when aiden is walking down the street with the trees correctly casting shadows on the ground around him

or, maybe what could be gotten out of a mid range gpu and low end CPU with a lot of ram in a closed box when coded to specifically was underestimated.

its been a long time since 360 and ps3 debuted, i'd expect even modest hardware in comparison to high end PC's to outdo the last generation handily.
More like it. Infamous doesnt really do anything especially impressive, just has great assets fidelity, stellar IQ, modern lighting with SSR and the most importantly great art that is consistent. Thats really enough to beat easily most of last gen games.

Also judging IQ from DoF'ed screenshots looks very strange on tech board.

Apparently the dof level is dependant of the weather.

I'm not so sure, it might have to do with whether you are in story mode (non-playable) and maybe sometimes when you are starring towards the sun, like the sunset. Normal gameplay does not have heavy DoF.

Last edited by a moderator:
More like it. Infamous doesnt really do anything especially impressive, just has great assets fidelity, stellar IQ, modern lighting with SSR and the most importantly great art that is consistent. Thats really enough to beat easily most of last gen games.

Also judging IQ from DoF'ed screenshots looks very strange on tech board.

I don't know if you'd agree, but to me that's kind of a contradiction. All that stuff you listed actually does lead to an especially impressive end product :smile:

I'm really impressed with the look of this game. I keep thinking that if the game looks this good even with such hardware, it would be impossible to predict what such a game would look like if Sony had actually targeted high end hardware as a baseline.

I don't know if you'd agree, but to me that's kind of a contradiction. All that stuff you listed actually does lead to an especially impressive end product :smile:

Impressive? I think thats a standard feature set for any current gen only title. I think Infamous looks quite great, but it does not look outstanding to me. I expect similar fidelity and feature set in every game this gen at the lowest.
Good/great, but not impressive.

So...what your saying is that Infamous is the baseline of what we can/should expect on current gen only games, and we should see much greater things in the future, got it :D Reasonable, considering that Batman looks really good to me already and that is only the end of year one.

Can't wait for what shows up in year 3 or 4

Back