inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Shame I don't have a PS4. Because I would really love to play this! Watching some videos and looking at the screenshots posted in this thread, this game is just too damn beautiful to pass up.

I wonder what the white shimmering is under the car at the junction? I guess it could be LEDs on a street racing car :???:

Probably a police car. Or at least some form of law enforcement-related vehicle. The reason the line seems uneven is because its intersecting with foliage from the foreground.

The reflections in that gif - pretty at first glance as they may be - are completely wrong.

The reflections in that gif - pretty at first glance as they may be - are completely wrong.
I'm not sure which bothers me more, the incorrect parallax and general inaccuracy that cubemaps suffer from, or the absurd wipe behaviours inflicted by screen-space reflections.

Either way, I'd better prepare myself for another generation of crappy mirroring surfaces. Given how much praise screen-space reflections are somehow getting, maybe I should prepare myself for a forever of crappy mirroring surfaces. :cry:

Probably a police car. Or at least some form of law enforcement-related vehicle. The reason the line seems uneven is because its intersecting with foliage from the foreground.

The cars are typical vehicles with neon light underbody kits... seen other pics/videos of them.

Preordered from a US pSN account as EU doesn't allow Pre orders for ps4 yet. How could I miss the extra mission :p ! Waiting now !
To get the Cole's Legacy DLC? There is a digital Legacy edition which is what I'll be grabbing Thursday night/Friday morning.

Reviews out tomorrow and I'm expecting 70-90% for the most part. People who liked infamous (IGN US for example) will score it higher, everybody else will score it lower.

The cars are typical vehicles with neon light underbody kits... seen other pics/videos of them.
I've not seen any videos or pictures of cars with under-chasis lighting which is why it threw me and my suggestion that it was a street racing car was only half serious!

But thinking about it, if you want to show off your fancy lighting engine, those cars are a good inclusion - I just hope their aren't loads of them - like the infamous (pun not intended) GTA car model/type cloning phenomenon.

The cars with neon lights are there to be a power source for the neon power. When in combat and Delsin gets lows on power, he needs something nearby. Every car is a smoke source, you can just shoot it to damage it for smoke.
The third power (video) is the most rare, at least it seems so to me.

The cars with neon lights are there to be a power source for the neon power. When in combat and Delsin gets lows on power, he needs something nearby. Every car is a smoke source, you can just shoot it to damage it for smoke.
The third power (video) is the most rare, at least it seems so to me.

DAMN! I just had to! I had to click on Show spoiler! :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Not even entirely sure what that means anyway but still....

It means
Don't do it, Shifty's Bitch
You'll only regret finding out.
Turn back now. You'll find out for yourself soon enough.
Last chance. Next spoiler is the real thing.
you can absorb power from various screens around town and use the power to project stuff, like a giant digital sword. You also grow digital wings and glide. You also get a nice invisibility when you go good karma.

;)

Mod edit: Added additional spoiler security. Please, people, uses spoilers wisely. :yep2:
TBH I don't even know if that's a legitimate spoiler or DrJay24's making stuff up! :LOL:

I'm not sure which bothers me more, the incorrect parallax and general inaccuracy that cubemaps suffer from, or the absurd wipe behaviours inflicted by screen-space reflections.

Either way, I'd better prepare myself for another generation of crappy mirroring surfaces. Given how much praise screen-space reflections are somehow getting, maybe I should prepare myself for a forever of crappy mirroring surfaces. :cry:

Maybe we're talking about the same thing here (not too familiar with the technical jargons I'm afraid), but what bothers me the most is that half the stuff which should be visible in the reflection simply isn't showing. Half the building is curiously missing, and so is the moving car. That's really nitpicking on my part though. The overall impression is still phenomenal.
Shadow Fall has great reflecions. So does the Killzone Vita game.

Maybe we're talking about the same thing here (not too familiar with the technical jargons I'm afraid), but what bothers me the most is that half the stuff which should be visible in the reflection simply isn't showing. Half the building is curiously missing, and so is the moving car. That's really nitpicking on my part though. The overall impression is still phenomenal.
Shadow Fall has great reflecions. So does the Killzone Vita game.

Well they are much more 'correct' than most reflections I used to hate last get, so for that I'm happy. :D

Back