inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

They probably haven't come close (it's a 1st gen title after all), but it may still not be possible to add shadows afterwards without seriously re-jigging how the game renders things, re-writing shaders etc, which probably would be expensive and thus won't be a very high priority post-launch. (My baseless speculation; take for what it's worth lol.) Just look at all the advancements needed to get Doom3 to run at 60fps on the old consoles.

I don't know, after the post launch 1080p patch from ACIV it makes me think anything is possible lol. They probably already have the shadow system running in the engine but simply switched off, maybe they'll find enough juice after a short while just like Ubi did with AC for a patch. Who knows, but it's a good sign since it's only a first gen title so the chance of that happening does sound optimistic.

IGN just played Second Son in a 1hr long livestream. Game looks MAGNIFICENT.

jUSjDAP.jpg

^Deslin's shadow is not present during traversal, but here it is present[in-engine cinematic].

IGN just played Second Son in a 1hr long livestream. Game looks MAGNIFICENT.

jUSjDAP.jpg

^Deslin's shadow is not present during traversal, but here it is present[in-engine cinematic].

The game looks gorgeous... :cool:

However, there is something weird. The bad guys cast shadows moving around the vehicle lights and looks damn impressive how it cascades around the wall (tunnel fight)... however, Delsin doesn't. :???:

Delsin's is a vamp... :oops: :LOL:

Aw man, the moment they switched on shadow the game looked like Samaritan in realtime. But yeah I'm pretty content with what I'm seeing still. Can't wait to see all the super powers.

Wow, first time I've seen that. I don't know much about effects but that looked quite expensive.

Visually its pretty impressive especially this close to launch, I'll probably pick it up bc I enjoyed the last two Infamous games but I have real concerns about the actual gameplay. This isn't to say I think it will be bad but I wonder if we'll see some evolutionary steps in the sandbox genre. One can hope....

As I said at last years E3, very little innovation in terms of the actual gameplay whereas the visuals then and now are showing the potential of these new platforms.

Back