Indian men don't measure up?

The issue is serious because about one in every five times a condom is used in India it either falls off or tears, an extremely high failure rate.

That might explain why there's 1.1 billion of them. :mrgreen:

In parts of the animal kingdom (eg apes, monkeys, etc), the size of that particular organ is proportional to the monogamy of the pair (not sure if thats the right word?). Take it as you will, but species where a couple mate for life generally are significantly smaller. It's a biological thing afaik, a way of asserting the dominant genes.

How that applies to humans, well, I won't go there :p

We're animals that screw everything?

In parts of the animal kingdom (eg apes, monkeys, etc), the size of that particular organ is proportional to the monogamy of the pair (not sure if thats the right word?). Take it as you will, but species where a couple mate for life generally are significantly smaller. It's a biological thing afaik, a way of asserting the dominant genes.

How that applies to humans, well, I won't go there :p

Maybe Indian women need to outsource their pleasure. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Penis length is irrelevent when clitoral stimulation is where the action is, the majority of women can't orgasm from vaginal intercourse alone, and it is typically pressure from girth and pubic areas crashing together, and vibration of the act that tends to stimulate the clitoris in coitus, and not very long penises filling the vaginal canal or hitting the cervix. The surefire way to guarantee your girl an orgasm almost everytime is to go diving. :)

Just read the link, and 3-5 centimetres? That seems absurd, but if true that suddenly puts some of us quite a few standard deviations over the Indian mean. :cool:

What I don't understand is how this is possible given how genetically close Indians are to white caucasions. AFAIK we technically are caucasians, and beyond skin colour we physically have a lot more in common with people from Europe and the ME than the far east or Africa.

Maybe this seems odd to me because Punjabis are supposedly physically large people.

Yeah, I have some lightskinned Sikh friends who pretty much look white unless wearing ethnic clothing. And of course, there are many lightskinned Indian supermodels who look like slightly tanned causasians with dark eyelid shadow. :) Of course, the Indian supermodels are still better looking. :)

Maybe it can be explained by the Western data being wrong, and the Indian data being accurate since it is more recent. Perhaps past studies of penis size of men tended to, umm, "overestimate"

Why are you going to India? Outsourcing more jobs?

I'm going there for a couple weeks to help co-ordinate a project that I'm lead developer on. We haven't really outsourced any jobs yet. What we've done is expanded our business out there. There is still a lot of oversight and control that happens in the US so we haven't lost much headcount here. But people have moved around a bit.

What's really changed is that on a new project if we need 2 heads we'll probably hire 1 in India and 1 in the US instead of 2 in the US. Most of the outsourcing has actually been in the operations space - the vast majority of developers are still in the US. Hiring in the US definitely hasn't slowed either - we took on a lot of new people this year.

I guess the protection we get from the outsourcing threat is that while actual development is commoditized the relationships, communication and decision making that drive the process are still vastly more effective at home.

Penis length is irrelevent when clitoral stimulation is where the action is, the majority of women can't orgasm from vaginal intercourse alone

Yeah I'd agree with that. I've had both kinds but the latter is much better for the old ego !! Size does play a part when it comes to the excitement factor though. And if you ever do run across one of those cavernous chicks you might want to have some extra to work with ;)

When I read that article the most surprising thing was that there actually was an international condom standard! Who comes up with this stuff? :LOL:

Its not the size of the ship in the sea it is the motion in the ocean.

(I think it goes like that).

There was some kid in south east asia who committed suicide b/c he didn't measure up to the p0rn he saw. At least I heard that on the radio awhile back and the disc jockey gave that axiom above.

edit:kind=kid so yeah a bit different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back