In a few weeks time my glasses will arrive

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I need them to see far away.

If I spent a year adjusting my eyes to far away can my eyes be adjusted for farsight than shortsight?

All you need to complete the nerdy look 8)
But why does it take so long? Do you need special diamond glasses that have to be grown first?

They create the lenses based upon your vision which is checked by an eye exam.
How do they do it where you live?

Xmas said:
All you need to complete the nerdy look 8)
But why does it take so long? Do you need special diamond glasses that have to be grown first?

K.I.L.E.R said:
They create the lenses based upon your vision which is checked by an eye exam.
How do they do it where you live?
It's the same here, but I've never waited "a few weeks" for my new glasses to arrive. It's a matter of days.

I've heard places advertised that'll make and install new lenses in an hour. I wonder about the quality.

I've been using the same glasses for well more then 5 years. Perhaps I should consider updating my look...
Naaah, what I have still works.

You guys live in the USA?
You are probably getting cheaper lenses or something. :p

Our lenses and frames are made within our country too.

Oh man, I so need a new pair of glasses!

This pair went thru two toddlers who loved to rip at 'em and mangle 'em, and I think 5-6 years is too long between eye exams.

Thanks for reminding me Kruno, I think I'll go to one of them "glasses in about an hour" places tomorrow morning and get a new pair....I hate waiting for glasses.

depends on your prescription

if you need a plain, sferical lense you should be able to find it on stock.

for astigmatism lenses are usually build to order

vb said:
depends on your prescription

if you need a plain, sferical lense you should be able to find it on stock.

for astigmatism lenses are usually build to order

They don't have glasses in stock. Everyone has to wait.
I only have partial short vision. Nothing too bad considering how much I sit behind the PC.

I just ordered new glasses as well. Titan-flex with very thin plastic lenses, Takes two weeks and that's just because they have a lot to do atm. Usually it's a few days.

_xxx_ said:
I just ordered new glasses as well. Titan-flex with very thin plastic lenses, Takes two weeks and that's just because they have a lot to do atm. Usually it's a few days.

Same here. They flexible. That's the frame I chose too.

We're nerd brothers. :D

Back