I'M GONNA BE A DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digitalwanderer said:
Which part of the, "lets stop making this about sex!", subtle hint I just gave did you not get? :|

Dr.F - Yeah, I kind of think you got a grasp of all the basics too. ;)

but... uh.... isn't sex what caused this in the first place?

and it wasnt exactly a subtle hint, i just chose to ignore it because I'm very very stubborn and when I get my mind set on something it stays there.

Sage said:
but... uh.... isn't sex what caused this in the first place?
Yes, and it also shows us Dr. F has got a happy grasp of the whole "sex-thing".

and it wasnt exactly a subtle hint, i just chose to ignore it because I'm very very stubborn and when I get my mind set on something it stays there.
Good for ya, but I'm a tad stubborn too and I think I'll be adamant about you shouldn't be trying to derail the man's thread about his upcoming first child.

Back on topic, what kind of crib ya looking at? What color will the nursery be?

Oh, and what kind of swinging chair are you getting? My swinging chair saved my sanity more than a few times!

i hope you have a daddy's girl. every guy wants a daddy's girl. men have a core desire to feel wanted (sex plays into this... but im not going to go off on that) and there's nothing more wonderful than a sweet beautiful little person that loves you unconditionally and for whom you mean the entire world to. *sniff* I want a daughter now :(

Digital,

The crib is easy, my wife's father already mad us one a few years ago. He said by the time we got around to it, he would be too old to make one. (My wife is the youngest by about 17 years from the oldest)

Nursery, not sure. I still think I want to be surprised so I am not sure on what color. =)

Swing chair, I was a ready to start buying things here and there, but my Mom said I might want to wait because we might be getting some of those types of things for presents. This will be my Mother's and Father's first grandchild (divorced).

Yeah, definately put off buying things until after the baby shower. You won't believe all the stuff you're going to get!!! (And need!)

The whole baby thing is a kick. We wanted to be surprised by the sex too, and we ended up painting the nursery a mild ice green which worked out well for both my son and daughter. :) (Funny enough, my son's room is royal blue and my daughter's room is hot pink now....weird. :LOL: )

digitalwanderer said:
...(Funny enough, my son's room is royal blue and my daughter's room is hot pink now....weird. :LOL: )
Sounds like coincidence to me......
Make sure to tell us all your experiences on the board, freeze. When you get the time.

Sage said:
i hope you have a daddy's girl. every guy wants a daddy's girl. men have a core desire to feel wanted and there's nothing more wonderful than a sweet beautiful little person that loves you unconditionally and for whom you mean the entire world to. *sniff* I want a daughter now :(

Just a fair warning on that...

Infants will go through phases where at times they will only want mom, and want nothing to do with dad. This is pretty normal, and will pass with time.

As a matter of fact my little girl now at 9months old is just now getting to the point where she is going out of her way to cuddle with her daddy. Which of course makes it all that much better that she is the one choosing to come over and climb up in my lap. :D

They're alot of fun, but it can definitely be frustrating when things don't go as expected. Ie. stay flexible, no book, relative, or even forum poster here will be able to tell you what to expect from your little one.

Killer-Kris said:
no book, relative, or even forum poster here will be able to tell you what to expect from your little one.

got that right! you can't really expect anything from something you don't have. :p

Back