I'M GONNA BE A DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont worry, be happy :D

enjoy... !!!

My daughter just had her 5th birthday on Saturday, and we had a birthday party with 14 kids yesterday :oops:

now that I am still alive, I can say that it was quite fun after all ;)

Congratulations and the very best of luck to you, the mother, and the upcoming child. 8)

Any plans made around the upcoming bundle-o-joy?

Congrats!

So many wonderful, scary and trying (but it's the wonderful ones that you remember most) moments ahead...

Congratulations!

And if things get tough for you, just remember that there are alot of us dads on here. We'll help you out if we can.

Thankx All!

I am just so darn excited. I have wanted kids for quite a while, but just didn't feel that it was the 'right' time. I am now 33 years old and ready to get this family thing going! =)

Man I can't wait. I just love kids! I know it will be different than just being around other's children, harder in many ways, but at the same time much deeper.

Ahh, the responsibilty. The full scope of that still has not hit me yet I don't think. I need to start looking into different things we as a society might have learned oh how to raise children. I won't be letting my 5 year old kid(s) watch XXX movies, but at the same time I don't think I need to reinvent the wheel. I might as well try and see if I can gleen some info from other's experience. I will be talking to my Grandmother and my parents along with reading some books.

digital, what plans might I make around an upcoming bungle-o-joy? Sorry man, you lost me. =)

I was trying to figure out a subtle way of asking if you and the mother-to-be were married. :oops: (Sorry, it's nosey. :oops: )

Congrats again, 33 is a great age to become a parent. :)

digitalwanderer,

Hahaha, yes we are married. We met when she was 19 and I was 26 (DOH). hehe We married 5 years ago, and she wanted children for a few years. I did too, but didn't think we were quite in the 'right' place. I just asked her yesterday and she thinks we are in a much better place to have children.

I said, "Good, in the next 3 years I want 3 more!" =p

Russ,

We just found out yesterday that she was pregnant. I also asked her if in hind sight, if she thought it would have been better to have kids 2 years ago or now.

2 years ago we did not own a home and we had some outstanding loans. I wanted to at least see us get serious about paying some of them off, and have a home (the home part is more complicated, but will take too long to explain). She mentioned that her sister just got pregnant, bought a house, and bought a car. If she could do it, why couldn't we!?! (not a fun talk)

Well, now her sister is in a divorce, lost her house, and filed bankruptcy (something I feel very strongly against). We are in much better financial shape, we own our home (well, still paying), payed off our 2 cars (got a minivan, paying on that), she got a MUCH better job, and I am in school again. We talked about it, and we both feel we are in a much better position to have kids. We stared 'practicing with intent' in December and just now found out the good news! =)

Sorry for the miscommunication,

RussSchultz said:
Ummm, so you're planning on getting pregnant? Or....?
Oh hush you! Just say congratulations and wish him well! ;) :LOL:

Sounds like you and your wife are in a real good spot to become parents, my advice is to enjoy it as much as possible as your first child only happens once.

Don't worry too much about "being ready", especially not yet....it isn't as bad as it looks. The most important thing is a commitment to trying your best for the child, and it sounds like you got that more than covered.

Congrats to you and the wife Mr. Ffreeze. Hope the baby will be a bundle of joy.

BTW. are you gonna find out before hand what sex the baby is?? Or do you kids wanna be suprised?

US

CG, GZ, etc etc to you and teh wifey, Freeze! :)

Dunno bout the 3 more in 3 years' time tho - a friend of mine got two girls, the second almost back-to-back after the first, and just those two were enough to run both of them ragged. :p Well, if you think you can handle 4 little ones all at once then by all means go at it like rabbits! :oops::LOL:

congrats on getting to nail a preggo, man! You're going to LOVE the next few months! :eek:

Guden Oden,

Not sure if I can handle 4 little ones at once, but I am not getting any younger (33 now). I had a small bit of experience with lots of little ones. My step father had twins and triplets and they were only 1.5 years apart. They were 2ish when they came into my life. MAN that was Tons-O-Kids (TM)

=)

PS. Plus not sure how hard that would be on my wife. =/

Back