IGN talks PS3

wow that was kinda like reading a crappy forum. worst "article" ever....

"we don't need no ps3, ps2 games look great"

'the world doesnt need the xbox2, graphics don't mean squat, till the ps3 comes out and pwns ju l33t d@wgz"

eh. I think its time for new systems . We get one at the end of the year and then 2 in 2006. Its time. The ps2 and other systems have looked dated for way to long

while i agree that console games are starting to look dated, at the same time i get the feeling that this current generation hasn't been (and will never be) pushed as far as the snes or even the ps1 has.

i think they could have squeesed another year out (2007) if they wanted to and we'd still see a few new tricks.

Listen, they will squeeze another year out, but just one. PS2 has done amazing things recently that noone ever thought it was capable of. There's no major reason other than userbase to continue focusing on the machine or other machines when the next generation is looking ahead. Just think of what all the talented developers out there will be able to bring with the new generation of consoles.

Sonic said:
Listen, they will squeeze another year out, but just one. PS2 has done amazing things recently that noone ever thought it was capable of. There's no major reason other than userbase to continue focusing on the machine or other machines when the next generation is looking ahead. Just think of what all the talented developers out there will be able to bring with the new generation of consoles.

Yeah, I can´t wait to see how great these games look. Just thinking about how games targeted for a single, hugely powerfull spec makes me giddy.:D

Oh, and I think 2006 is the perfect time to introduce the PS3, Nintendo and especially MS are rushing things too much, IMO.

eh. I think its time for new systems . We get one at the end of the year and then 2 in 2006. Its time. The ps2 and other systems have looked dated for way to long

People that buy consoles are consumers of games,while in PC world ,they are consumers of Hardware .(hey! they have been playing the same 2 games for 12 years basicaly :Doom and red alert !).

jvd said:
Its time. The ps2 and other systems have looked dated for way to long

Other systems? Like DC, XBox, & GCN? They all look dated to you?

They are dated, terribly dated. The Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 can only produce such ncie graphics these days. Xbox is probably the console with the most potential left in it but it doesn't matter too much when you just get a glimpse of what next generation titles will look like.

I wouldn't say PS2, GC and xbox look dated yet, certainly they haven't looked dated "for way too long".
When you look at the top games of these consoles and compare them to PC games they still can impress.

PSOne and N64 did start to look very dated a year or so before PS2 was released, imo the current consoles have been able to keep up much better.

rabidrabbit said:
I wouldn't say PS2, GC and xbox look dated yet, certainly they haven't looked dated "for way too long".
When you look at the top games of these consoles and compare them to PC games they still can impress.

PSOne and N64 did start to look very dated a year or so before PS3 was released, imo the current consoles have been able to keep up much better.

Nonono, PS1 games started to look dated when bilinear filtering became the norm on PC, and that was LOOOONG before PS2 was released. In fact, it was around the time N64 was released.

Games this generation look good because there are some artists and developers who i'd call geniuses, able to pull off things that sometimes leave me stunned, when i think about what they're running on.

It's a double edged sword, IIRC the new splinter cell on the PS2 currently under dveelopment uses pixel shaders, and very well in fact. The game ends up looking like Pandora Tomorrow on the PC almost. With that said it's time for some new consoles, the PS2 is getting stale, you only need to look at the sheer catalogue of crap old games a console has to see it needs replacing.

I don't get some of you guys, if you look at the current crop of xbox games, they look very very good, compared to pc games.
so prince of persia 2 on pc is so much better then the 3 year old xbox version? putting a game on a higher resolution doesn't make a game much better looking

but i think, xbox could go 2 years still. it's released here in europe in 2002. that's only 3 years ago.

but yeah, the sooner they come the sooner we can lookout for xbox720 ps3 and dah nintendoh and god knows Matsushita powerBoX

It's a terrific concept that someday we'll talk like "PS3/Xbox2/Rev graphics look dated" :LOL:

That article was bad. Really, it was bad.
By some guys we should be still playing Ps1. :LOL:
Its time to move on, things are starting to look boring this gen, we are starting to see the same kind of graphics and samekind of gameplay that we saw last year. And it aint gonna get better.
I want ps3, and i want xenon.
I'm starting to play my pc more now, it just feels better.

:LOL: Just checked the 2nd article, what the hell, you have 1 guy (Ps2 editor by the way) saying that several AAA developers said to him that next gen, specs for both systems will be comparable, then you have MAtt (Gc editor) saying that his sources said to him that the Ps3 will run circles around the Xenon.
What a mess.....nobody knows crap, at least thats what it seems.
They also seem to forget the fact that the ps3 wont have a WorldWide launch, they will release the ps3 in march +- in japan, and torwards the end of the year US and Europe. Xenon will release in US and Europe in November this year(guessing).
Specs for both platforms will be final at the end of the summer.
Some guys over there think there's a 1 year gap between final specs for each system.
Anyway, i think Ps3 will have more potential, but the type of difference between Ps2 - Xbox.

therealskywolf said:
Its time to move on, things are starting to look boring this gen, we are starting to see the same kind of graphics and samekind of gameplay that we saw last year. And it aint gonna get better.
But it's not the harware's fault if things have looked boring.... umm.. .for some time already.
Or is it :devilish:

If your only reference point for video games is the current consoles, then they don't look dated.

If you have a middle spec PC, then the current crop of games still do not look dated.

If you are in the 1% minority of gamers that have monster PCs, then current console games look dated.

I have a fairly recent laptop, Pentium 4, 4MHz, 512mb, ATI MOBILITY RADEONâ„¢ X600 with 128 MB VRAM

It will run Half Life 2 on the middle settings, but the reality is that the game looks or plays no better than current console games. For the record I think HL2 is a 10/10 game experience, immense fun and pretty amazing.

But, I get dodgy framerates, horrendous pop-up, extremely long load times and graphics no better than something like Primal.

I'm no PC gamer, the only other game I have is Knights of the Old Republic. The graphics for games like MGS3, RE4 and Halo2 seem pretty amazing to me.

Easily better than Half-Life 2, but then I don't want to spend £1000 to get that game to look it's best, I've got a £200 console that does a perfectly good job.

I'm still convinced that I won't buy a next generation machine until 2008, I'm very happy with the current consoles and still have a lot of titles I'd like to complete before I move on.

Back