IGN: First PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, we at last have our first chance at taking the battle to the next generation. From Software is in the process of bringing Armored Core 4 to both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and has released a pair of trailers, each said to be running on one of the machines. The PS3 trailer was first shown at the PS Meeting where the game was known as Project Force, but now we have a direct feed version. Likewise for the Xbox 360 trailer, which debuted at the Tokyo Game Show but is now available for the first time in direct feed form.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/662/662656p1.html

PS3 Developed version(development started first) Video: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761163/vid_1297574.html

Xbox 360 Developed Version(development started soon afterwards) Video: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/772/772076/vid_1297578.html

That IGN article title is inappropriate at this point of time. I think it is too early to talk about PS3 vs 360. Ironically mutli-platform games may not be the best way to judge a console against another.

I was going to write my own snarky comments, but the original article pretty much summed it up:

We encourage the inquiring gamer to download the high res versions of both trailers, view them each 100 times at a maximum viewing distance of five inches, come to an unwavering opinion about which one is superior, then isolate yourself with a fellow gamer who's well versed in polygon counts, lighting effects and frame rates but happens to believe the other trailer is superior, and start beating the crap out of one another (with words).

Deepak said:
That IGN article title is inappropriate at this point of time. I think it is too early to talk about PS3 vs 360. Ironically mutli-platform games may not be the best way to judge a console against another.
actually what IGN is saying both trailers are realtime and running on each others perspective machines. PS3 is further in development while Xbox 360 is not that further

What's shocking to me is the PS3 version has been in development longer, but the Xbox 360 version seems to be alot more advanced graphically. Maybe has something to do with ease of development :?:

From Software has already stated that they began developing for both platforms at the same time; furthermore the ps3 vid is about 2 months older then the 360 one.

pakpassion said:
actually what IGN is saying both trailers are realtime and running on each others perspective machines. PS3 is further in development while Xbox 360 is not that further

IGN most certainly did not. They said that the PS3 trailer was debuted earlier thats all. "each said to be running on one of the machines" is saying (in an appalling abuse of the english language) that the games are running on their respective platforms, not both both games are running on both platforms.

Mmmkay said:
IGN most certainly did not. They said that the PS3 trailer was debuted earlier thats all. "each said to be running on one of the machines" is saying (in an appalling abuse of the english language) that the games are running on their respective platforms, not both both games are running on both platforms.

Actually From Software announced Project Force as Armored Core 4 At E3, No announcement for the Xbox 360 version was made, but it was made for Playstation 3. at the PS3 summit, there was a new trailer along with a the gundam gameplay which we saw, after 4-5 weeks was the Tokyo game show where the game was FIRST ever announced for Xbox 360 with the trailer shown.

Hardknock said:
What's shocking to me is the PS3 version has been in development longer, but the Xbox 360 version seems to be alot more advanced graphically. Maybe has something to do with ease of development :?:

Or maybe this has something to do with the fact that Xbox 360 will be released a long time before PS3 and more man-power and effort has been put into this version because final hardware will be available sooner.

wireframe said:
Or maybe this has something to do with the fact that Xbox 360 will be released a long time before PS3 and more man-power and effort has been put into this version because final hardware will be available sooner.

but by the TGS, the release dates on both games seemed to be similiar, the xbox 360 version seems to be released at same time as PS3 version.

pakpassion said:
Actually From Software announced Project Force as Armored Core 4 At E3, No announcement for the Xbox 360 version was made, but it was made for Playstation 3. at the PS3 summit, there was a new trailer along with a the gundam gameplay which we saw, after 4-5 weeks was the Tokyo game show where the game was FIRST ever announced for Xbox 360 with the trailer shown.

From Software has already stated in a developers interveiw that they started developing for both at the same time, and that currently they are focusing more on the 360 version since the xbox will be out sooner. I'll look for a link to the article. it was a Japanese site so i might take a while.

Also IIRC the ps3 vid was released mid july and the 360 vid was released at TGS which was 2 months after.

Deepak said:
Ironically mutli-platform games may not be the best way to judge a console against another.

mp games are not the best to judge how far a console can run, but they do tell you how far two consoles compete.

Ms may have me conned, but this AC4, I stand by what i see, that is sony has done a good marketing job to convince the masses that ps3 is the xbox of next gen.

The PS3 trailer looked better graphically but the 360 has a better trailer.
The real test will be what kind of framerates each version can run at in game.

KB-Smoker, any chance you can shorten your signature? There are rules on the vertical length of signatures... thanks

Kb-Smoker said:
Not really fair to compared one game on final/beta hardware and the other on alpha... :rolleyes:

Alpha Kits of PS3 with 70% of final hardware while Xbox 360 beta kits with 70% of final hardware (at those times) until the beta kits of PS3 which are 120% of final hardware because the XDR Ram in final kits are 256 mb more than consumer kits?

id say its a fair comparison

seismologist said:
The PS3 trailer looked better graphically but the 360 has a better trailer.
The real test will be what kind of framerates each version can run at in game.

actualy the PS3 version did not look better graphically. They looked the same with Xbox 360 version having more lighting effects and smoke effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back