I simply hate F1

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
F1 key on the KB that is. :LOL:
Seriously, I really hate it, esp while working in Excel. Many times instead of pressing F2, F1 gets pressed.

Personally I hate the position of the windows key far far more. Accidentally hitting it instead of shift or ctrl really really fucks me off and has caused me to lose games. Id love to hunt down the prick who made that the default place to put it.

Agree, "windows" key position sucks too. I hate "Num Locks" position too, sometimes while typing fast with numeric keypad, I accidently press Num Lock without realising it and later I see entire screen messed up. :devilish:

I love all the keys equally, even Scroll Lock and Break, which I have never used.

I think game developers should disable windows key (and other short-cut keys) in game. Or at least provide an option to disable them. The DirectX document has an article explaining how to do that.

My favourite key is the `¬¦ key. Oh man, how I luv that little guy, so cute and tucked away up in the top-left corner! It makes me want to put ¬ symbols ¬ in ¬ all ` my ¦ posts just to give him some ¬ attention.

double post.

though, I'll add that I too love all the keys. especially the ù key, it's only there for one word! ("où", which means "where").
I'm also glad to have "²" rather than the useless ~ and ` of qwerty keyboard.
now, that " ¤ " seems completely useless (I get it with "alt gr"+ the key that has $ and £)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like caps lock not to act as caps lock in games when used for "walk" or something, blinking green light is distracting :)
also I want to revert it to old behaviour of shit switches caps lock off, but I can't find the option anymore, too well buried and not in control panel / keyboard (how dumb is that). even though I don't really care as I never use caps lock expect for entering a CD key.

Blitzkrieg said:
Personally I hate the position of the windows key far far more. Accidentally hitting it instead of shift or ctrl really really fucks me off and has caused me to lose games. Id love to hunt down the prick who made that the default place to put it.

:love: ibm model M. Too old for win keys.

win key was a problem for playing DOS games back in the time under windows 95, not a big problem for me as I pressed F8 at boot to run under straight DOS :). and it's up to you not to hit it.

to be fair.. they put them where there was both easy access and empty space, not sure where else you can put them, and they would be worth it even if only for one shortcut : Win+D, best ever (Win+R, also. and Win+Pause can be useful. Win+X also makes my program launcher pop up)

I hate that you actually have to press the keys. You'd think that in 2006 we'd have automatic pressing keys. Or a couple of ports at the back of our head, USB2.0 preferably. Or at the very least little robots who type for us. Typing is just sooo 50 years ago.

soylent said:
:love: ibm model M. Too old for win keys.
I also love my classic IBM keyboard, manufactured in 1991 :oops: Rescued from a bin about 1998 by a mate.

My [ and ] keys are astonishingly filthy (non-use). So near yet so far as it were.

Jawed

MuFu said:
I love all the keys equally, even Scroll Lock and Break, which I have never used.
In Windows, press window key and pause/break. This is a shortcut to System Properties.

Speaking of F1, Silverstone Grand Prix is on sunday. Who will win? I'm rooting for Alonso.

Bludd said:
In Windows, press window key and pause/break. This is a shortcut to System Properties.

Nice. Didn't know that.

Speaking of F1, Silverstone Grand Prix is on sunday. Who will win? I'm rooting for Alonso.

A fair bet. I'd like to see Webber or DC finish on the podium.

F1 + the football, and finals have finished. Going to be a good one... :cool:

Blazkowicz_ said:
I'd like caps lock not to act as caps lock in games when used for "walk" or something, blinking green light is distracting :)
also I want to revert it to old behaviour of shit switches caps lock off, but I can't find the option anymore, too well buried and not in control panel / keyboard (how dumb is that). even though I don't really care as I never use caps lock expect for entering a CD key.
Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages - Text services and input languages - Key settings.

Blitzkrieg said:

I'd love to hunt down the prick who invented it, since it's totally useless besides being annoying/in the way.

Blazkowicz_ said:
I never use caps lock expect for entering a CD key.

Huh? No key I know of has ever been case sensitive. Either that, or it all gets automatically converted to upper case.

Back