how to create a new partion on usb hard drive....???

luke76

Newcomer
My problem si that partition magic don't allow me to create a new partition on my hard disk usb only because the bios of my motherboard don't see this disk as boot device( motherboard from 2002...).But a way to create another partion on this disk it must be right ? I'm desperate so someone help me please :cry: :cry:

The two ways I can think of are to do it on another PC with a newer motherboard (which is the obvious solution you have no doubt already considered) or open up the USB enclsoure, take out the drive and connect it directly to the PC IDE controller to partition it.

The second option becomes a bit more complex if it is a 2.5" drive since it will have a different connector from a desktop PC.

windows drive manager should allow you to do this. assuming you are using windows xp, go into the control panel, admin. tools, then computer management. select storage on the left, select the drive, right click on the partition (assuming you already have 1 large partition) and delete it, then create 2 new ones.

Back