How long before a X800 wrapper (Ruby demo) appears?

Colourless:
bow.gif

NV3x users try decompressing this zip (with directories) into the DoubleCross directory: http://www.users.on.net/triforce/NV3xRuby.zip. The replacement shaders from R300RubyRap shouldn't be required, but the dll probably will be. Just a warning, it will look like... well shit, if it even works. Lack of 'high precision' formats is a problem. :)

Very cool man, it works now on my Geforce 5900 nu 128mb... not bad for not having next gen hardware I must say. Excellent job!

[edit : as a side note, the only custom shaders needed for Nvidia cards are qglow and qtexturelit, at least they give errors in the demo, the image quality isn't horrible when you delete some of the custom shaders...]

I get this error message...
//=====================================================
// ATI Sushi Error Log Created 5/7/2004 1:07 pm
[Main.cpp] (line 894): Exception caught - BAD NEWS!

How do I fix this, I have an all in wonder 9800 pro...

Thank you Colourless, very nice work!

just remembering from the chimp demo etc, running SushiDX.exe -debug

gives access to more options (pressing H gives the full list)

e.g. pressing A stops the animation, and then pressing F takes the camera off the flight path, allowing you to have a better look around :)

moore_dmb32 said:
I get this error message...
// ATI Sushi Error Log Created 5/7/2004 1:07 pm
[Main.cpp] (line 894): Exception caught - BAD NEWS!

How do I fix this, I have an all in wonder 9800 pro...
Me too on my 9700 Pro on XP. :(

I get that same error. It's caused by the shader "oTextureLitSkGirl.ssh". Removing this will allow it to run, but her neck will not be present and it will be really slow. It's probably because 256MB AGP aperature is not an available selection for my motherboard.

I get that same error. It's caused by the shader "oTextureLitSkGirl.ssh". Removing this will allow it to run, but her neck will not be present and it will be really slow. It's probably because 256MB AGP aperature is not an available selection for my motherboard.

doing this allows it to run although Ruby's misisng her neck and back of the head (still got hair though) and Dr Optico has some weird lines on the back of his head. Performance is good though.

does exit with the following message

// ATI Sushi Error Log Created 5/7/2004 9:09 pm
[SSGenericAPI_D3D.cpp] (line 1312): No D3D Error message. You might be specifying more than one component on a source register.[oTextureLitSkGirl.ssh] (line 1216): Error creating Pixel Shader
[Main.cpp] (line 880): Normal Application Exit

system Specs
A64 3200+ (MSI FISR Neo 2, Hyperion: 4.51)
1 Gig Ram
Win XP
9800 Pro 128 Meg, Cat 4.4, AGP :256 Meg

Stunning work though Colourless.

I'll see if i can fix the oTextureLitSkGirl related problem. Something must be screwing up with the HLSL compiler

Colourless said:
NV3x users try decompressing this zip (with directories) into the DoubleCross directory: http://www.users.on.net/triforce/NV3xRuby.zip. The replacement shaders from R300RubyRap shouldn't be required, but the dll probably will be. Just a warning, it will look like... well shit, if it even works. Lack of 'high precision' formats is a problem. :)

actually it looks pretty good on a 5900 with 60.11 (just probably <5 fps) and yes no need to replace shaders.
nice work btw 8)

Colourless: that was fast! When do you think we'll see another wrapper update? ;)

pino: I got the same framerate on a 5600TX 256MB with the latest official drivers. Ouch!

Colourless said:
People with the exception problems, try downloading this and seeing if it works: http://www.users.on.net/triforce/oTextureLitSkGirl.ssh

When I first used the r300rubyrap.zip, the demo ran fine. I shut it down, set my antialiasing to application preference, tried it again, and it didn't work. So, I changed everything back and it still doesn't work. None of the things people have said to try have worked, but I'm not using the newest catalysts (I don't like them). I keep getting this error message:

// ATI Sushi Error Log Created 5/7/2004 4:12 pm
[AwFn.cpp] (line 803): D3DAw Error: AwInitWindow - Unable to create a D3D device
[Main.cpp] (line 720): AwInitWindow returned FALSE! Unable to create window! Quitting!

What a bummer :(

Oh yeah, I've got an AIW9700 Pro.

Great. I've updated the zip with the new shader. I've also updated the NV3x version to include the DLL and a small readme file, since it doesn't need the shaders (also put it in the ruby dir as well).

So it's R300 Ruby Rap V1.1
and NV3x Ruby

What I've done isn't going to be the problem. I would suggest unistalling the demo, deleteing the directory. Restarting windows, and then Reinstalling the demo.

Back