Splinter Cell - 9.6 (OXM)
MechAssault - 9.2 (IGN)
Unreal Championship - 9.2 (IGN)

I mean, even multi-platform titles are turning out well:

Timesplitters 2 - 9.2 (IGN)
Burnout 2 - 9.2 (IGN)
Sega Sports 2K3 - 9.0 average (IGN)
Harry Potter - 8.9 (IGN)

It's almost scary! There are too many good games to buy!

Johnny Awesome said:
Timesplitters 2 - 9.2 (IGN)

Jeff Gerstmann over at Gamespot gave this one 8.7

I really wish Erik Wolpaw would have done the review. I would have saved my $70 this game cost me. I'm confident he would have given it at most 4.5. Bland textures, simplistic AI, even simpler level design and
crates (explicit ones) is what characterizes this game.

Don't buy this pile of sh*t. Don't even rent it.

Cheers
Gubbi

Wierd, Gspy had a news item up a few weeks ago about how the game was never in development for Xbox/GC in the first place (despite numerous previews), but it looks like it was pulled.

It's already been announced for Xbox next year.
The last I've heard from the Criterion boss is that they might consider porting it to Xbox and GC next year, but the last news is that Sony has included Burnout 2 on it's complete exclusives list in their last report, so...

And I agree - too many games, too little time :(

but the last news is that Sony has included Burnout 2 on it's complete exclusives list in their last report

timed exclusive probably. Chances of Acclaim not porting one of their better games are 0. Other versions should show up next spring or so.

As far as games, yup, good times. Few more days till MP :D

All three versions of Burnout 2 were announced for the simultaneous release in the press release that still can be found on Criterion web site. That has obviosuly changed.

There have been posts made by Criterion head honcho on the EDGE forums where he was basically saying they might consider other two versions, but much later in 2003, and if you want to play Burnout 2 "you will most likely play it on PS2"

timed exclusive probably. Chances of Acclaim not porting one of their better games are 0. Other versions should show up next spring or so.
That report had a separate columns for complete and timed exclusives. Burnout 2 was in the complete exclusives column (LOTR: Two Towers was among timed exclusives, although at the time GC and XBox version were not officially announced) I'm not saying it's impossible they goofed out, though, it happened before (Soul Calibur 2 at E3 for example :p)

As Marconelly said, Criterion have stated that Burnout 2 is not an exclusive as such, but that it is PS2 only just now - and at a later date (next year) they will decide wether or not to port it. Seeing as Burnout #1 sold pretty badly on Xbox and GC, it probably isn't likely.

ha, yah that sc2 debacle was oops :oops: well either way, hopefully it does go multi, it's a good game that other console owners should have a go at(espescially after what EA did to them with their NFS port :( )

It's already been announced for Xbox next year.

Splinter Cell has also already been announced for PS2 and GC next year. So then Splinter Cell should also be on the multi-platform list?

Sometimes theres not much of a difference between a timed exclusive and a complete exclusive... I mean, how long has Bungie been promising a PC version of Halo?

GTA:Vice City - 9.7 (IGN) didn't like this one.
Suikoden III - 9.4 (IGN) this is pretty old.
Rachet & Clank - 9.2 (IGN) this one is cool. Turn out better than J&D IMO.

Metroid Prime - 9.8 (IGN) I hope, I can play this one without motion sickness.
Starfox Adventures - 9.0 (IGN) Isn't this old ?
Phantasy Star Online - 9.0 (IGN) Hmm I think I'll pass on this one.

Have been neglecting Xbox, but
Splinter Cell - 9.6 (OXM) this seems to be good, but haven't play it.
MechAssault - 9.2 (IGN) don't know what this is.
Unreal Championship - 9.2 (IGN) got the PC one and haven't been playing it, is this one any different ? Any new type of play ?

Timesplitters 2 - 9.2 (IGN) didn't like it.
Burnout 2 - 9.2 (IGN) haven't play this, is it any better than the first one ?
Sega Sports 2K3 - 9.0 average (IGN) what is this ? is there Rugby ?
Harry Potter - 8.9 (IGN) I heard this is good, gotta try it for myself.

There is also Celda, coming out in December isn't ? That will be my main game that I'll look forward to.

Anymore ?

It's a bit far fetched (and OT), but I think my #1 wish for Christmas 2k3 would be VF4:Evo on Xbox with XBL support. Capcom's already trying it with CvSNK EO, so I'm guessing fighters can be done online w/BB...

Well, that and Gundam: Titans vs AEUG, but that's not far fetched, thats out of this world... ;)

Any hypothetical games you guys would like to see for Christmas 2k3?

Gubbi said:

I really wish Erik Wolpaw would have done the review. I would have saved my $70 this game cost me. I'm confident he would have given it at most 4.5. Bland textures, simplistic AI, even simpler level design and

Cheers
Gubbi

What is wrong with crates?

BTW, I think it'd probably be better to use the GameRanking scores for each game. Because its impossible to decide which review is ultimately right so you might as well use the average, at least for games that have more then one review anyway.

Gubbi said:

Well I don't know, I bought it within a few days of release and I enjoy it thoroughly...

The textures are just fine, in fact they're brilliant considering the game was designed around the PS2's microscopic texture cache :p

The AI is hardly simplistic. Set the game to HARD, or go into Arcade Custom and put yourself against a few five-star innate bots...

The level design is great, IMO. Each level really looks and feels like the appropriate time period... and almost all of the multiplayer levels play great (very few exceptions). And then there's also the MapMaker... :D

Crates? WTF is wrong with crates? Maybe you have a problem with GoldenEye's 'Explosive Mentality' which managed to carry over in the form of the crates? :LOL: Oh well, I found them VERY useful in the Wild West.

Hell, I'm surprised you didn't complain about the monkeys! :LOL: :LOL:

Just out of interest why might it give you motion sickness?

Its an FPS, I get motion sickness with most FPS. I still play them if they are worth it but its unpleasant. I get the samething with third person games too, but alot less of them, and can't remember one recently.

Why I get this with most FPS

- weapon bob
- warp/bending effect (I don't know what you call them) occur when you rotating, caused by some funny fov, noticed this alot in Quake 3 base engine.
- same as above but due to texture used to perceive depth, which would warp when you are rotating.
- frame rate fluctuation, even if it hover above 30, if it fluctuates I'll get agitated.
- jumping in FPS, but it could be due to above.

Back