NPD October 2002 TRSTS

marconelly!,

I think we're on the same page here. He did say 1.6 million last year in Japan.

I'm pretty sure GC sold just over a million units last year in japan (something like 1.1 or 1..2 milllion from launch through the holidays), and around 650,000 (from the start of this year). If GC sold 1.6 million units in Japan last year, then it would have beaten the sales in north america through the launch/holidays (which we all know it didn't).

Quincy

Yeah your right on sales for last year AFAIK. GameCube sold just over a million last year (1.2 million AFAIK). But as you can see from the sales numbers posted earlier in this thread your incorrect on GameCube sales this year. GameCube has sold 923,400 so far this year.

Oh, I didn't notice that number. that's kinda strange, the last numbers I saw recently said it had sold 650,000 in japan this year. i don't know how those numbers add up exactly. Right now we're seeing the biggest number of gamecube units sold this year in japan at over 50,000. A number it hadn't reached once this year?

Just look at the math for a quick sec:

923,400 / 11 (months) = 83,945 units per month

Something doesn't seem right. With every report I saw coming out of japan, it had the GC selling between 10,000 - 25,000 on each report?

With every report I saw coming out of japan, it had the GC selling between 10,000 - 25,000 on each report

But, like the sales report above, weren't they weekly sales reports? Usually that's what we see from Japan. So if the reports you saw varied from 10,000 to 25,000 that would mean 40,000 to 100,000 a month.

Oh yes that's possible, it must have been weekly numbers. Still that doesn't add up to 85,000 roughly per month. Since there was only a few times i saw the sales spike up to 25,000 per week. From what I recall, the sales has been mostly flat, hovering around the low teens on the majority these reports. Oh well, with out having all the reports in front of me, something could have been missed.

Yeah I deffinately think the numbers deserve the benefit of any doubt because they certainly don't look far off when looking at the rough weekly sales we've seen.

Blade said:
It's weekly, Quincy. It adds up, too.. just need to get the right numbers. (Famitsu = inaccurate)

The only good thing with famitsu numbers is that you get it fast, but they are just raw estimates of sales.

Back