NPD October 2002 TRSTS

Still, that isn't the point of what I'm saying. Bungie doing that doesn't detract from the sales of this game or how well a title started on PC and finished on a console should do in the market place. Halo is still the first console title they created in house period. They've done extremly well with their first console title. It's not any easier to to make a title that sells well just becuase there's similarity's between the platforms it was developerd on. Bottom line is that it's a games that is extremly good in order to keep selling.

Perhaps you should let the person that made the comment explain what they mean.

PC-Engine said:
archie4oz said:
And the only reason why I didn't get the DC version is because the Xbox version has english dubbing

What subtitles too difficult? ;) :p

:LOL: I hate subtitles period. I would only watch a subtitled movie if I had no other choice. I'd rather have my eyes on the action while my ears do deciphering. :)

Eek. The quality of dubbed soundtracks tends to range from horrible to atrocious. I would rather have subtitles than crappy voices that sound nothing like the original characters anyday.

I have to go with them on Bungie, I hated Bungie, in the past , Polished was never a word used to describe one of thier games, "Buggy" and "What the hell were they thinking?" were two that come to mind, but Halo completely tore up every conception I ever had about them.
the level design still needed some work, but that something I am sure they have put thought into on the sequel.

I agree it would have been a far better game on the PC, and now that it is coming to PC, I feel its too little too late(especially with Unreal 2 coming out in January). If you want Halo, gonna have to go with Xbox, being they will most likely see Halo 2 before us PC users see the first.

being they will most likely see Halo 2 before us PC users see the first.
Not quite true ;) Halo for the PC is set to release sometime in the Summer of next year. Halo 2 isn't set to release until Nov/Dec of next year (if Bungie can reach that deadline).

CaptainHowdy said:
I have to go with them on Bungie, I hated Bungie, in the past , Polished was never a word used to describe one of thier games, "Buggy" and "What the hell were they thinking?" were two that come to mind, but Halo completely tore up every conception I ever had about them.

What are you talking about? Every game Bungie put out post-Marathon has been fantastic with the exception of Oni. As for bugs, the Myth series always had some trouble with unit path-finding but Bungie eventually tweaked the problem away.

halo was developped for the PC and the mac.

then it was ported to a pc-like console, and the PC and mac version release date were posptponed after the pc-like console one.

in my mind bungie didn't develop a console game. they developped a PC game which they ported to xbox.

of course a console, depite sharing some similarities with a PC, is still a console. i don't deny that.

Most PC games gone console are horrid, but it was a pretty big deal what Bungie did with Halo, they really put a lot of thought in making the game work on the Xbox controller, I agree I wish it had come to all three at once, but it was smart of them, it did move Xbox's off the shelf, if it had been on PC, that would not have happened(many a PC owner has Halo and an Xbox these days)

Every game Bungie put out post-Marathon has been fantastic with the exception of Oni.

Whoa, whoa, what a minute here!!! :eek: What's wrong with the Marathon series?!? :-? Or any of the other pre-Myth titles?

archie4oz said:
Every game Bungie put out post-Marathon has been fantastic with the exception of Oni.

Whoa, whoa, what a minute here!!! :eek: What's wrong with the Marathon series?!? :-? Or any of the other pre-Myth titles?

haha, sorry, I worded that wrong. I guess it should be every game post... Minotaur?

It was their 2nd game (I thought it was pretty good myself)... As was Pathways and Abuse. The only Bungie title I was less than impressed with was Oni...

I would like to take a moment to give a round of applause to everyone. I believe this is the first time a sales thread has lasted 3 pages without turning into a bitchfest. Everyone's been courteous and disagreements have so far been settled in a mature manner w/o mudslinging or namecalling. Thank you all. This is what B3D should be about.

new weekly Japanese numbers. AGB cleans house and GC only 1k behind PS 2 :eek:

Tokyo November 28 (Bloomberg): According to the number of home video game machine selling on November 18, 2002 to the 24th which the board-of-inquiry company media creation announced on the 28th, the "Game Boy advance" of Nintendo pressed down the home video game machine "PlayStation 2 (PS2)" of Sony Computer Entertainment (S C E), and was the 1st place. The 3rd place was the "game cube" of Nintendo, and the 4th place was "Xbox" of U.S. Microsoft.

Week game machine selling ranking Maker A model The number of week selling Number of annual total selling

1 Nintendo Game Boy advance 150,800 2,313,400

2 S C E PlayStation 2 38,400 3,101,500

3 Nintendo game cube 37,400 923,400

4 Microsoft Xbox 1,900 273,600

5 S C E PUREISU TESHON 1,800 205,900

6 BANDAI A swan crystal 1,300 102,500

7 BANDAI A one dozen one color 390 115,000

8 Nintendo Game Boy color 160 79,600

9 BANDAI One dozen one 64 8,000

10 Nintendo N64 32 6,000

11 S C E Pocket Station 22 1,300

Although it's got alot of ground to make up, I'm predicting GBA to catch and surpass PS2 worldwide. Looks like RE0 helped the GCN alot. Gamecube will easily pass 1 million units in Japan before the end of the year. Adding that to last year's units of 1.6 million and the Cube ought to be close to 3 million units sold by January in Japan alone. Include 3 million from US and another 3 million from the rest of the world and Nintendo is sitting around 9 million units worldwide.

Unless disaster strikes I see Nintendo easily reaching thier 10 million goal by March 31st. In fact they cold even reach close to thier original goal of 12 million.

Actually if I recall correctly... The cube is at roughly 1.6 million in japan right now, and will reach 2 million before the year ends in japan.

Back