High Res Ninja Gaiden Sigma Pics = wow

Oooh i get it now.

Why not just release NG2 on both consoles? I'm sure it would be easier...

Because Itagaki is up MS' ass. He's used the standard 'want to focus on one platform, power of the 360, etc' reasoning but i think its clear at this point he has some level of allegiance to MS. I don't recall what historically has put him there though...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bit silly... But it's politics so i understand.

It would be much easier to just have one game in development, one set of artistic resources, and developing it for both consoles at the same time, than having 2 different games.

WOW. those are some uber high poly characters, the faces are so good they match cg quality and best hair i ever seen in a game imo.

Because Itagaki is up MS' ass. He's used the standard 'want to focus on one platform, power of the 360, etc' reasoning but i think its clear at this point he has some level of allegiance to MS. I don't recall what historically has put him there though...

Strong support of Xbox fans is what put him there. DOA was a second-tier fighter series prior to DOA3, with no hope of competing with Tekken on the PS2. The Xbox made the DOA games a top rated and top selling fighter, so you'll have to excuse him if he wants to continue supporting the people who actually buy his games.

DOA was a second-tier fighter series prior to DOA3, with no hope of competing with Tekken on the PS2.

Still is a second-tier fighter with no hope of competing with Tekken! Heck it's not even "second" if you look at all the amazing fighting games available, not only Tekken but Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur too.

But what does that have to do with Ninja Gaiden?

Are you saying that NG is also a "second tier game" with no hope of competing with games like GOW or even DMC? I'm not sure i'd agree with that.

It makes sense to sell Ninja Gaiden: Sigma aka Remix to the PS3, while selling NG2 on X360. PS loyalist haven't had a chance to play the game and thus are more likely to buy. Later on, since the engine is already built, NG2 will be released for PS3 as well and it'll be bought as well. Double sales equals double income.

Still is a second-tier fighter with no hope of competing with Tekken! Heck it's not even "second" if you look at all the amazing fighting games available, not only Tekken but Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur too.

But what does that have to do with Ninja Gaiden?

Are you saying that NG is also a "second tier game" with no hope of competing with games like GOW or even DMC? I'm not sure i'd agree with that.

I think his post was more a recounting of events that put Itagaki in the MS camp.

Powderkeg, i didnt mean for my comments to come across as a slight against Itagaki (though i see how they could have been). Xbox fans deserve their own 'kojima' as much as any and i do respect his loyalty to the platform.

Ummm, are those of the so-called "bullshot" variety? I don't see a single jaggie anywhere, this must be at best in-engine super-high-res shots with cutscene assets?

Back