Help: How to be more confident?

sytaylor said:
l-b is a classic exmaple of "jump in at the deep end" theory. Or what I like to call JFDI. Just f*cking do it!

Yep, that's me, full of fuckingdoitism.
I've found that 9 times out of 10 people think the sun shines out of my ass

:oops: OUCH! So that's your excuse for a sore ass?! Meh...
We all have the fear, I still have it when it comes to introducing myself to random hot girls I know are checking me out (just ask l-b)

Hey i'm not a random hot gir... oh i get it.

i know EXACTLY what you're going through. The solution is simple.

You have to feel better than everyone else.

For instance, in my old beat up Honda if I did something stupid on the road (like entered a parking lot through the "exit") I'd get all freaked out and have to go and hide because I thought everyone was laughing at me. Now, in my Mercede's, I just think "screw them! I'm in a Mercedes, I can do whatever I want!" Of course, now I am slightly in fear that they will discover how much I payed for the car and that will set me right back at square one... well, except I'd still have a really really pretty, fun to drive, and safe car.

So, if you feel like you're better than they are, you will not be worried about screwing up because even if you do screw up it's okay because you have the right to be stupid.

Now, it's important to note that this is all in your head. People will probably still laugh at you just as much. But, they probably aren't laughing at you nearly as much as you think. Actually, most of them are probably thinking "my god, I'm glad I didnt do that! That would be horrible! Poor bastard," but then when you are better than they are then they start to think "stupid rich bastard, look at that cunt... he's such an idiot." But, why do we care what they are REALLY thinking? All we care about is what we PERCIEVE them to be thinking.

The best way to have more confidence is generally self-improvement. I feel more confident in myself when I'm watching my diet and exercising, as well as keeping up with all my responsibilities.

If'n that doesn't work do what I always used to do in those situations; fake it! If you fake it long/hard/well enough it actually becomes the real thing....I used to be a really shy and quiet guy, believe it or not.

london-boy said:
You know what the FRAKIEST thing is, and i just got chills down my spine because of it...

This morning i was in the shower and i'm not sure why but i started thinking "Mmmm later when i get into work i'm gonna make a new thread and call it *Are you an introvert* and make it a poll, *Do u think introversion is genetic?*..."

Then i come here and you just created a thread on introversion.

Totally and utterly freaky.

You think about posting on an internet forum, while in the shower in the morning?

That's some deep-seated psychological stuff to work out right there. Myself, I think about having a go at people I don't know, on internet forums :LOL:

Rys said:
That's some deep-seated psychological stuff to work out right there. Myself, I think about having a go at people I don't know, on internet forums :LOL:

hmm i usually stick to thinking about getting all clean and nice-smelling. it is, after all, a shower.

:LOL:

Reverend said:
Join a website and make loud noises frequently. The practice of doing this while hiding behind the Internet will slowly build up your confidence in real life.

Look at me!

Reverend said:
Join a website and make loud noises frequently. The practice of doing this while hiding behind the Internet will slowly build up your confidence in real life.

Look at me!

*cough*sooo, thats what was behind all those sexual topics lately*cough* :oops:

Thanks for those encouraging replies, I am feeling better now. :)
Another problem though. I studied at boys school and belong to a conservative family, so I sometimes get nervous while dealing with girls. Suppose a girl sits beside me I feel uncomfortable and act unnaturally. Though in recent years I have made progress.

This sounds incredibly difficult no doubt, but you'd be shocked how easy it is.

CHILL, and be yourself.

Go to a gym, work out. It will give you more confidence, boost your ego and the fitness will make you feel better. Try to meet more people, make more friends, try to enjoy their company, learn to speak up in small groups of people you trust. Take it step by step, don't get upset by setback, take them as motivation to try harder.

Rys said:
You think about posting on an internet forum, while in the shower in the morning?

Well, i don't *think* about B3D when i shower. It's just that that morning the thought about introvert/extrovert people crossed my mind, then the thoughts came flooding in and i thought about making a poll on B3D. :D :devilish:

What made you think of introverts and extroverts while taking a morning shower :?

When I take my morning shower, I too can't think of much anything, still almost half asleep, I just can't undestand people who are fully functional the moment they wake up. Happy, talkative people in the morning are most annoying.

Speaking of showers, what part of your body do you wet first?
As I go to shower, I always first of course test the water with my hand, then I douche my willy.

rabidrabbit said:
What made you think of introverts and extroverts while taking a morning shower :?

When I take my morning shower, I too can't think of much anything, still almost half asleep, I just can't undestand people who are fully functional the moment they wake up. Happy, talkative people in the morning are most annoying.

As I go to shower, I always first of course test the water with my hand, then I douche my willy.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sometimes i just *think* about things. Not like i choose what comes to my mind!! :LOL:

Then, the first part i wet is my head.

london-boy said:
rabidrabbit said:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sometimes i just *think* about things. Not like i choose what comes to my mind!! :LOL:

Then, the first part i wet is my head.

I go in arm/shoulders first...

This is almost as good a question as "how do you wipe your ass"

I don't want to tell.
I'm surprised you all shower first your whole body. To me the water is a mild shock in the morning, even if the water is the right temperature it always feels either too hot or too cold if I go straight in. Especially the chest and back area are very sensitive to temperature changes.

That's why I start showering from my waist (dick area), and from there go to head etc... and soon I'm used to the temperature and can start washing properly.
The actual washing I start from my face and neck, then hair and from there armpits, arms, chest, tummy, back (what little I can reach :) ) legs, toes and last dick and ass.
I guess that's a common order.

digitalwanderer said:
The best way to have more confidence is generally self-improvement.

If'n that doesn't work do what I always used to do in those situations; fake it! If you fake it long/hard/well enough it actually becomes the real thing.

QFT (although you loose points for the Jar Jar Binks talk).

Back