Has the console forum been axed?

Can any mods confirm any changes? Has anyone received new powers? Who must we be in awe of?

Edit : I notice the dropping of jvd from the mod list, and the appointment of Mr. Mod as a moderator. If Mr. Mod is an account several people can use that'll tidy up modding despite the limitations of phpBB.

hopefully the console forum get a brute squad to repel Opa attacks!

Shifty: The most obvious short-term change I can see is you need to login to view the Console forum now, and new users can't register because the registration form is bugged right now.
I'd guess the second thing is non-intentional, but who knows :) TBH, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to keep it like that for a few days.

Uttar

ultimate_end said:
DaveBaumann said:
BlueTsunami said:
To answer the question of this thread, the console forum has not been axed...but has been cut...

How you you know that?

:LOL:
It was almost as if the voice of god rang from the heavens... and then, all was well in the world again.

Thanks Dave :D

Yeah...when I saw that reply I was like

:oops:

BlueTsunami said:
ultimate_end said:
DaveBaumann said:
BlueTsunami said:
To answer the question of this thread, the console forum has not been axed...but has been cut...

How you you know that?

:LOL:
It was almost as if the voice of god rang from the heavens... and then, all was well in the world again.

Thanks Dave :D

Yeah...when I saw that reply I was like

:oops:

I liked the way it more or less coincided with the reopening of the console forum :) . I'm lucky that I decided to login for no reason at all, I might have never known the forum was there!

Uttar said:
Shifty: The most obvious short-term change I can see is you need to login to view the Console forum now, and new users can't register because the registration form is bugged right now.
I'd guess the second thing is non-intentional, but who knows :) TBH, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to keep it like that for a few days.

Uttar

Eh, thats false!! :devilish:

I'm a long time reader but never registered (actually I think I did 4 yrs. ago or so on the old B3D forums but the account probably got deleted in the move), just registered now and this is my first post (hi, everybody!).

Thanks for bringing back the Console forum admins, and thanks for putting up with all the BS to make it great!!

Hi guys. I've been lurking here for a couple of months now. I only registered just now, so that I would be able to access the console forum again(apparently they fixed whatever was wrong with the registration form). Anyway, now that the CF is password protected, wouldn't it make sense to assume that there will be a ton of people suddenly registering who would otherwise just be spectating,(like me) without necessarily having the ability to contribute their boundless wisdom to the conversation when inspiration suddenly strikes?(like me). It's not that I wouldn't like to contribute to the conversations here, but it would be sort of like running out onto the ice and trying to steal the puck from Wayne Gretzky. I really enjoy coming to this place purely to learn. I'll admit that a lot of the coversation here is over my head, but I also feel like I've picked up quite a few things just by watching people argue about shit that I don't understand. Anyway, it is my hope that I, and others like myself,(of which I'm sure there are many), will be able to continue watching you guys argue about said shit, so long as we are not disruptive in any way.

Hopefully these positive changes will have a lasting effect on B3D.

Thanks to Dave and co for making this happen. Good luck to all...

Sorry. What I meant is, you need to log in with your user name and password just to even look at the console forum now, so you have to be registered just to read other people's posts, which is the only point I was trying to make.

You guys ever think that you shouldn't be mentioning this to the world . That it was done for a reason ?

Not to mention that the username Dr. Meaty doesn't instill confidence based on previous history of people using the word "Meat" in their usernames.

jvd said: "You guys ever think that you shouldn't be mentioning this to the world . That it was done for a reason?"
I did think of this, but then I realized that the trolls are unlikely to watch the 16 page of a thread in search of such information, and they would just assume that the console forum is still gone. In fact, considering the post quality seems much better right now, I'd guess that's in fact the case.
However, newcomers that might want to look at the Console Forum just to learn should imo have access to this information, so mentionning it in a palce trolls are unlikely to find it seems like a good idea anyway.
But it might be nice if this wasn't on the last page of the thread so trolls might not find it by - gasp! - mistake, so perhaps we should be talking of something else now. And if I'm writing in font-size 1, it's in a blind hope the trolls don't notice this, hehe - like that's gonna happen. Anyway...

Yep, I just wanted to say THANKS Dave for this - the endresult seems great so far, too!

Uttar

Yes, many thanks Dave. Nice to see it back and work being done to enhance the forums in future.
Trolls are short sighted

Back