Halo 3 Announcement trailer on Marketplace!

Some people will just argue for the sake of arguing. Halo3 could definately be done on Xbox... At 480p, 5 times less geometry, 3 times less texture detail, half the framerate, 10 times less particles.

Numbers Pulled Out Of My Arse Inc.

Seriously, Let's just leave things where they should be. Posting in a Halo3 thread about how MGS4 looks "so much better" not only if off-topic, but is also completely silly. they are two different styles. One is focused on eerie scenery, futuristic technology and whatever else, the other is focused on characters, their emotions, almost their "acting".
It's the proverbial apples and oranges.

One might "prefer" the look of one over the other, but that's just an opinion to be taken as that. It's not "wrong", it's an opinion.

Bungie have never showed FMV as far as i remember so i have full faith that Halo3 will "look kinda like that", with lots more things happening on screen at once, because we know that the X360 is more than capable of handling it.

Kojima has never showed FMV as far as i can remember so i have full faith that MGS4 will "look kinda like that", with lots more happening on screen at once, because we know that the PS3 is more than capable of handling it.

Now kids, it's Friday and you should be out playing football. Real football. Or doing real things.

I'm off for a drink or two. Or three...

hmm....Weekly update mentions this:

Why is the Assault Rifle in there?

Who says it's the standard Assault Rifle? Doesn't look identical to me…

It does have a longer barrel at the end... that much I noticed the first time. Maybe a silencer or a BR hybrid (er...without a scope).

What's the polygon count on the characters and environments in comparison to Halo 2?

Not as high as it looks. A lot of detail is achieved using a combination of lighting, textures, normals and bump-maps. We're saving our polygon budget for other things…

The artists did do an amazing job with the Halo 2 model of the chief versus the Halo CE model (fewer polys, yet looking much better)...

Should we expect to see blowing sand and other particle effects during gameplay, or only during cut scenes?

For the "level" shown in the trailer, is the massive size of the surrounding area something that is tangible? Does it really seem like you are on a huge, wide open plain?

The sand, dust, smoke and other effects are all from the game engine. They will be used in the game. The landscape you saw is real geometry - the mountains and city in the distance are not a skybox - they are actual geometry that you can go to. Our cut scenes and our gameplay will be very comparable. Also, CJ Cowan, our director of cinematics, says that the texture "pop" seen in Halo 2's cinematics has already gone bye-bye for Halo 3.

Sounds great :D I'm glad they dealt with the popping.

The sand, dust, smoke and other effects are all from the game engine. They will be used in the game. The landscape you saw is real geometry - the mountains and city in the distance are not a skybox - they are actual geometry that you can go to.

nice

thanks for the find

StupidNinja asks,

Should we expect to see blowing sand and other particle effects during gameplay, or only during cut scenes?

For the "level" shown in the trailer, is the massive size of the surrounding area something that is tangible? Does it really seem like you are on a huge, wide open plain?

The sand, dust, smoke and other effects are all from the game engine. They will be used in the game. The landscape you saw is real geometry - the mountains and city in the distance are not a skybox - they are actual geometry that you can go to. Our cut scenes and our gameplay will be very comparable. Also, CJ Cowan, our director of cinematics, says that the texture "pop" seen in Halo 2's cinematics has already gone bye-bye for Halo 3.

Nice :). I always liked how Bungie made their engines load the next parts on the go, but I wouldn't honestly mind waiting 5 or 10 seconds just so I dont have to see pop-up.

Back