Halo 3 Announcement trailer on Marketplace!

SMOKE

Newcomer
Its up and I have 75% d/l already and its moving really slow now. Everyone must have refreshed there dashboard and seen all the new trailers onboard.

plz your impressions when u get it! i'm at work and can't wait...ps, OT, but I feel more excited by microsoft's announcements thus far than Sony's. I was underwhelmed by MGS4 (minority I know) compared to the first trailer of it (probably the animation; animation was absolutely amazing in the first trailer, and merely good in the 2nd). I was a huge, huge fan of MGS2, and was hoping this would be the spiritual successor (preffered this to MGS3, though that was a great game as well). Maybe it is because I watched the trailer without audio...ill check it out when i get home. Neways, looking to see what a first party, 2nd gen x360 game can look like!

ps2: Too Human, Mass Effect (especially), are making x360 more and more appealing. Since I'm not a fan of turn-based Jrpgs (though I may give Final Fantasy a 2nd try), Sony PS3 only appeals to me because of God of War (inevitable), MGS4, GT5, and maybe GTA4 (though not a huge fan of GTA's after 3). Lumines Live looks great on x360, the live marketplace is fantastic, back catalog games from SEGA PLZ!!! I think I'll probably spend more time playing old classics than new games (as well as games like geometry wars). What I want to see from both of these companies are more games like Guitar Hero. That has to be one of the best games I've ever played. Give me that innovative gameplay over fancy graphics, though I'll take the 2 combined thank you!

And MGS4 could def make the PS3 worthwile for me, Hideo is a fucking genius, a contemporary DaVinci (not Dan Brown! for those who get the joke). Btw, Dan Brown went to Phillips Exeter I believe. Well as an alum of the the brother school, imo Dan Brown's writing sucks. I don't think a chapter from either of his books (Angels&Demons being the second) would have passed for more than a 4 in a lower or upper lvl engl. class. Way ot i know

"We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game."

BUNGIE.net

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

I thought the beginning showed some very nice environmental detail. It got noticably less impressive as the view spanned out to show all the Covenant ships 'invading'.

Just my opinion, of course.

The character model for Master Chief is absolutely jaw dropping, holy crap...WOW :oops: :oops:

I can't wait to get home and watch this in 720p.

It looks epic but wasn't thrilled.

Was too short and didn't show off anything but the main character. I was hoping the camera zoomed into the battle field.

Look amazing, but left you wanting more.

Still it's the best looking thing I've seen at E3 so far. I haven't seen crysis yet, though.

pakotlar said:
Btw, Dan Brown went to Phillips Exeter I believe. Well as an alum of the the brother school, imo Dan Brown's writing sucks. I don't think a chapter from either of his books (Angels&Demons being the second) would have passed for more than a 4 in a lower or upper lvl engl. class. Way ot i know

Ha I went to Hotchkiss... The best in English my friend!

LOL ANyway I cant see anything right now cause I'm at work and our stuff is basically broken... but bringing the E3 experience home to the average user through Xbox live is a masterstroke... its a completely environment where you let folks see what you wan them to see...

Notwithstanding the hyperbole of those who root for xbox, I still think so far game of the show is Heavenly Sword....

Some gorgeous screens:
798_0006.jpg
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/3258/798_0006.jpg
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/3258/798_0015.jpg
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/3258/798_0008.jpg

Looked good, though I would have liked to see more. It appeared to have a very high level of AA (4x+). If that remains intact at 720p it should be very nice looking indeed. I'm not sure if I was as impressed with it as the new FF trailer and MGS though. I don't think they really showed enough to put it through it's paces.

Nite_Hawk

I got abot more Halo1 vibe out of it rather than Halo2, maybe due to the really huge open area, which you had quite a bit of in H1 but not H2 in the same extent...

Back