Guerrilla : "Killzone 2 will look better than the trailer."

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7537

We walked into Ps3 and cell development knowing what every other developer knew. Nothing! You can bet your ass we're walking out with the most technologically advanced console game on the market!

Q - When will we be able to finally play it? "

A - You'll be seeing it, rather than playing it, in early march. We've put together a surprise demo for the Psn and will be available soon.

Q - Do you feel it'll live up to the hype or can it at this point?

A - The more you talk up something, the more momentum it builds. That momentum can be good or bad, depending. Not only will this game live up to the graphical presentation we put up two years ago, it's going to exceed it."

Taken from the new EGM...

Vandal Forums

they're really building a lot of hype around this. if it doesn't look close to the target trailer, theres going to be a lot of disappointed people.

my guess is it will look close, but it will arguably looks better/worse if you know what i mean. like motorstorm; sony says they've surpassed the target trailer, but to most people (not everyone) it looks inferior.

Given the crapstorm that's been brewing for two years around that trailer, I don't even know if exceeding it in some areas is going to be enough.

they're really building a lot of hype around this. if it doesn't look close to the target trailer, theres going to be a lot of disappointed people.

my guess is it will look close, but it will arguably looks better/worse if you know what i mean. like motorstorm; sony says they've surpassed the target trailer, but to most people (not everyone) it looks inferior.

I don't think this has even been said by guerrilla so they aren't hyping it up at all. Its the people who keep hyping it up and then getting disappointed and blaming the dev. Foolish.

Given the crapstorm that's been brewing for two years around that trailer, I don't even know if exceeding it in some areas is going to be enough.
the target trailer was CG quality with some amazing effects, lighting and physics. its hard to get a look at the textures on such low quality video, but it looks quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this has even been said by guerrilla so they aren't hyping it up at all. Its the people who keep hyping it up and then getting disappointed and blaming the dev. Foolish.
putting out a CG trailer that is pretty impressive, puts a lot of pressure on themselves imo. and if that interview is true, saying it will EXCEED the target trailer puts even more pressure on themselves.

putting out a CG trailer that is pretty impressive, puts a lot of pressure on themselves imo. and if that interview is true, saying it will EXCEED the target trailer puts even more pressure on themselves.

I completely agree with you on that. The CGI trailer was too impressive and it would be hard to exceed, even succeed in making it with the animation and effects. The thing however is, I haven't found any confirmation for this in any forum that this actually was taken from EGM, so I think its fake BS.

It will exceed the trailer? In all fairness after seeing Gears Of War and recently Battlefiled : Bad Company i really dont belive that its an impossible feat not to surpass the trailer.

It will exceed the trailer? In all fairness after seeing Gears Of War and recently Battlefiled : Bad Company i really dont belive that its an impossible feat not to surpass the trailer.

No, not this discussion again. Just ask Laa-Yosh what kind of models the Killzone trailer used, etc. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back