Gravity Rush [PSV, PS4]

I don't think a large amount of particles which have no effect on gameplay would be a major motive for not doing a Vita port.

It's not for lack of interest over the platform either, because the Vita is actually big in Japan. Plus, Gravity Rish 1 was very popular there and during TGS Sony announced a large number of new games, with many of them being really high-profile (turns out that World of Final Fantasy is actually a Vita exclusive) .

With the PS4 remake coming in February 2016, the sequel is probably coming in late 2016 (or even 2017 if it's delayed), meaning it might come really close to the Vita's successor.
We could be seeing Gravity Rush 2 as a launch title for Vita 2 or PSP Ultra or whatever.

With the PS4 remake coming in February 2016, the sequel is probably coming in late 2016

Why?

Bluepoint is handling the remaster, so GR2 is free to come out any time the devs from Japan Studios want it.

Bluepoint's Uncharted collection is out this October, and ND elected to release U4 ~5 months after it [original plan was to come out in Nov, just month after collection].

Because no date or timeframe were given for the sequel, except for "sometime in 2016". To me, this usually means it's at least a year away.
Otherwise they would've said Spring 2016 or something.

We are getting so many PS3 remasters because 40% of PS4 userbase never owned PS3.

The remake of GR is here because 95% of PS4 userbase never owned Vita, and Sony wants to promote the sequel.

We are getting so many PS3 remasters because 40% of PS4 userbase never owned PS3.

The remake of GR is here because 95% of PS4 userbase never owned Vita, and Sony wants to promote the sequel.

And there is no backward compatability for Sony. Though they could push PSNow (game streaming of PS3 titles) and let the users play PS3 games that way. Or is PSNow not ready for consumers?

And there is no backward compatability for Sony. Though they could push PSNow (game streaming of PS3 titles) and let the users play PS3 games that way. Or is PSNow not ready for consumers?

From my testing it's solid but you have to pay for the privilege.

PSNow is active in NA and UK, and gamers are mostly ignoring it because this service is for RENTING games.

So you can't buy a game and play it however long you want? If the monthly rental cost isn't cheap enough, then I can see why no one would use it.

That partially explains why the mass of remakes, cheap profit grabs by the corporations.

You can get subscription for access to almost entire PSNow catalogue, $15 per month [when you purchase 3 month sub], and all games are playable on all supported client devices [all saves are cloud based, so switching from one device to another is easy].

we kind of got our answer why this is PS4 only.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...tally-understand-why-gravity-rush-2-ps4-only/

it makes sense, although it might loose some of it unique features from Vita like the 360 degree gyro control. Maybe they can add those in for Vita remote play.

How does sixaxis compare to a similar or near control scheme?

They're definitely gonna adapt the game to console use so I'm sure that's not a problem.

It's third person and in some ways it is somewhat similar to Omega Boost from the PS1 days.

It does have interesting and appealing character and level design, but they are seriously gonna upgrade visuals if this is a 1080p 60fps game.

Also it feels like Nights into Dreams in a way.

I find this very interesting and amusing because unfortunately last gen the PS3 having PS2 BC was not only taken for granted but people were complaining about the image quality of playing PS2 games on their then shiny new HDTVs and were bitching and moaning about it and the price.

Kinda glad that the side effect of PS4 not having BC feature is that top games are being selected to remaster them and so far games like The Last of Us and Uncharted Collection have come out like gold.

The God of War III remaster was well done of course the Uncharted Collection is hopefully going to influence how remasters get done and hopefully some makes will not just get a remaster but also a remake for full 1080p 60fps gameplay plus hardcore graphics upgrade both effects, textures and gameplay mechanics and A.I.

I'm looking forward to how Gravity Rush comes out.

^Why does ur post make sense in a way :D ! Except that the fact that I have had to spend more money on LOU and UC to play them again, I do agree that these are better versions than just vanillaps3 discs on ps4.

BUT, I want to play my Puppetter and GOW ascension and Ninokuni and RDR and Black Ops2 and SOTC and ICO on ps4 too ! Backward compatibility would definitely let me do that, even if in 720p and me complaining bout the blurriness compared to my new games.

I thought the release was in February in EU/US!?

EDIT
I rushed back to home to see if it was downloaded and it's not out yet in EU.

Last edited:
Me too! I'm really looking forward to playing this again, I've been playing the Vita version in anticipation!

Back