Grand Theft Auto VI [GTA 6]: What can we expect?

Are these modeled with real geometry? Parallax tricks (does not look so)? Raytracing based portal like Spider Man 2? Who knows... Reasonable variety, and lighting response consistent with the outside (unlike spiderman).
Supposedly from leaks, up to 70% of the buildings will have interiors. So these are possibly all real geometry and lighting.

Supposedly from leaks, up to 70% of the buildings will have interiors. So these are possibly all real geometry and lighting.

Yeah, I remember that from the leaks, but I am playing conservative with reggards to taking that info for granted. But honestly, so much of the leaked rummors seems to be materializing, that we can safely assume they are representative of reality (at least, for the state the game at the time of the leaks... Stuff can still get cut during dev.)

They really seem to be leaning into American trash in this one... Sugar daddies, thirst traps, road ragers, retirees in thongs, pothead daredevils... It feels acurate, but at the same time, mann I feel like modern culture has become so excessive, decadent and trashy that its offputting. Like, I imagine curret-year florida is not far off from how they depicted in this trailer (however exagerated) but I am not so sure I am willing to spend that much time in that place... Geez, man... That trailer is funny, but to spend hours of gameplay in those evironments and hanging out with those gauche idiots might be a bit of a chore... hahaha.

Keep in mind they are leaning heavily into the criminal elements in Florida (likely Miami area criminal elements). So, yeah, not normal Florida but a part of Florida that the vast majority of Americans, much less the world, will not ever get exposed to.

Just look at the mini thread about the low brow dialog and writing for GTA V, when it really does match closely with what I experienced among that crowd in LA. A bit exaggerated in that there wasn't a hit or car jacking happening everyday by the some of the people I was partying with, but the way they talked, the subject matter, the jokes, everything was on point in GTA V. Basically, it was authentic to what they were trying to portray. But it's also something that probably 90%+ of the world will never experience in real life. Well, they may experience bits and pieces of it. Mudding and strip clubs, for example, isn't just limited to the criminal crowd. :p

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I know being thiiiiiic is all the rage in america, but is it really that common now-a-days? Legit question... My stereotypical view of americans has always been "huge breasts, no butts"

Depends on the part of society and where in America. Some parts of society and locations still prefer the "Barbie" look. But pop culture and that part of society that the game is mimicking definitely do prefer thicc thighs and big booties. That's further subdivided into muscular (lots of butt and thigh focused exercises) and just plain fatty tissue and the whole spectrum in between. For example that woman on the top of the car is a fatty tissue type thicc but also has a fair bit of muscles under all that fat.

Regards,
SB

Very detailed Foam effects from large distance:

That really stood out to me for some reason, as not standing out as having reduced detail at distance that normally happens with effects. It's all about the solidity, verisimilitude and other slightly wanky terms. :)

Really love the full shot you were referencing. Hope that lighting and level of detail into the distance is going to be part of other next gen titles, even if they're not sporting GTA6 megabudgets.

hazy.jpg

They really seem to be leaning into American trash in this one... Sugar daddies, thirst traps, road ragers, retirees in thongs, pothead daredevils... It feels acurate, but at the same time, mann I feel like modern culture has become so excessive, decadent and trashy that its offputting. Like, I imagine curret-year florida is not far off from how they depicted in this trailer (however exagerated) but I am not so sure I am willing to spend that much time in that place... Geez, man... That trailer is funny, but to spend hours of gameplay in those evironments and hanging out with those gauche idiots might be a bit of a chore... hahaha.
It’s honestly not very exaggerated at all.

Depends on the part of society and where in America. Some parts of society and locations still prefer the "Barbie" look. But pop culture and that part of society that the game is mimicking definitely do prefer thicc thighs and big booties. That's further subdivided into muscular (lots of butt and thigh focused exercises) and just plain fatty tissue and the whole spectrum in between. For example that woman on the top of the car is a fatty tissue type thicc but also has a fair bit of muscles under all that fat.

Regards,
SB
In LA and Miami, BBLs have become shockingly common.

All I will say is that in the Miami area, there are plenty of doctors who specialize in people getting bodies like that. You can also think of Florida is a state that many Americans immigrate to, so much of what you see is imported from other parts of the USA.

I wonder how performance will be for current gen consoles. Probably will add some performance RT mode at some point (unless featured at launch).
And with the rumored PS5 pro can't wait to see what it' ll look and play like with some updated console/PC hardware in 2025 and how scalable the game will be for current GPU CPU...
And we don't even know anything about an updated GTA online featured in VI ?
probably gonna be some times before we get another trailer. and E3 is dead. Unless we 'll have something this easter and summer.

Comparison shot real life / GTAVI

Back