Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I understand and can relate to some of you who feels that GT7 doesn't look like a generational leap from GTS and rightfully so, with using the same assets due to cross-gen. What I disagree with is that the same people above also said Forza7 looks better (backgroud/textures) yet, I don't see it, unless there's a video comparison out there that is better then what I'm seeing (DF per John). If so, please send me the link. At this point, it boils down to the feel of the physics and personal preferences as both game looks good, even though neither are a generational leap IMHO. Concerning GT7, I don't think the improvement made from GTS is enough to justify paying $70 whereas GTS is basically the same game with a slightly inferior resolution and without weather dynamics, raytracing and other minor incremental tech assets.

It all depends on what you were going to expect going from last generation to current generation. It was quite obvious in 2019 already it was not going to be like what we have had experienced before. No matter what console platform.
The improvements lay elsewhere from now on, hence the different innovations and the resources to VR these days.

'Better' no idea, but not per-se much worse either. Quite generous particle/dust/snow etc effects, low res 2004/2005 video but ok:

Nice other effects aswell, even the sun-rise/dawn effect was quite good, no idea how that directly compares to 'ps2 framebuffer effects', the xbox did them differently (in hardware?).
I remember this one but GT4 impressed me more

I understand and can relate to some of you who feels that GT7 doesn't look like a generational leap from GTS and rightfully so, with using the same assets due to cross-gen. What I disagree with is that the same people above also said Forza7 looks better (backgroud/textures) yet, I don't see it, unless there's a video comparison out there that is better then what I'm seeing (DF per John). If so, please send me the link. At this point, it boils down to the feel of the physics and personal preferences as both game looks good, even though neither are a generational leap IMHO. Concerning GT7, I don't think the improvement made from GTS is enough to justify paying $70 whereas GTS is basically the same game with a slightly inferior resolution and without weather dynamics, raytracing and other minor incremental tech assets.
Based on previews GT7 is a full blown GT game with stro ger focus on campaign unlike GTS where the focus was on online. We will see. I dont think in terms of content will be like GT5/6 but then again I m sure they will be coming with updates

Yeah all that tuning with parts/upgrades etc isn’t in GT Sport to the same extent. There aren’t second hand cars, and of course Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, High Speed Ring, dynamic weather and time of day with volumetric clouds, zero load times, nice 3D menus, DualSense support, there are a bunch of things … for me it’s a no brainer.

Of course mind you GT Sport grew to quite a significant game over time that is for sure so I understand not everyone would need it. But for me having the Ring with dynamic time of day and weather again, I’ve missed that so much. And then with these quality graphics man I can’t wait.

Getting excited for GT7 :D

In the meantime, here some videos of the first race of the season for the Mustang Touring (two heats) held locally which I took part of last night. Huge fun was had, close and clean racing all around. I commentated the second but seems the video didn't record the voice part. Oh well.

Gran TurismoSPORT 2022 Mustang Gr4 Autodrome Lago Maggoire Centre Race 1 Heat 1

Gran TurismoSPORT 2022 Mustang Gr4 Autodrome Lago Maggoire Centre Race 1 Heat 2

Rules, needed to use Racing Hard at least once in the race and had to pit at least once. Tyre Wear 6, fuel 2. Full damage on and Strong penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
I wonder whats that which is missing that will make the game look really realistic.
I watch footage of the game and then real racing footage and there is something uncanny valley about GT. Its the closer we ever got in realism but still.
Still looks a bit gamey. Maybe its the sense of atmosphere and subtle lighting in the environment. Maybe its the softer natural shadows.

I wonder whats that which is missing that will make the game look really realistic.
I watch footage of the game and then real racing footage and there is something uncanny valley about GT. Its the closer we ever got in realism but still.
Still looks a bit gamey. Maybe its the sense of atmosphere and subtle lighting in the environment. Maybe its the softer natural shadows.

Damn man, those trees look very 2D and the track bland and boring. ;)

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Next Gen Console Game Play Trailer

Looks good however that rear view mirror looks downright awful!

Last edited:

Damn man, those trees look very 2D and the track bland and boring. ;)

Sky is awfull one of the worst gfx so far.. hate it :D I did the same thing and googled bunch of photos of real life GT and have to say that i changed my ming about GT and forza games. Its not easy to make them look good, real life footage and photos most of the time looks dull and boring. IMO GT have edge in this regard due to more atmospheric light, its very warm and it makes visuals more "exciting" i guess.
Anyway its not easy to make good looking GT game when real time GT looks boring as hell, thats it.

Sky is awfull one of the worst gfx so far.. hate it :D I did the same thing and googled bunch of photos of real life GT and have to say that i changed my ming about GT and forza games. Its not easy to make them look good, real life footage and photos most of the time looks dull and boring. IMO GT have edge in this regard due to more atmospheric light, its very warm and it makes visuals more "exciting" i guess.
Anyway its not easy to make good looking GT game when real time GT looks boring as hell, thats it.

Does this game or most games need to look that close to realism? Unless its a true sim which GT7 surely isnt, i dont think its all that needed to match the real thing so close. It needs to be eye-candy thats all...

Does this game or most games need to look that close to realism? Unless its a true sim which GT7 surely isnt, i dont think its all that needed to match the real thing so close. It needs to be eye-candy thats all...
GT is trying to be photorealistic. Its not its intention to be stylised at all

In this case, I think that razor sharp edges/resolution and a slightly higher contrast in colours are the culprits. In real-life film/TV, everything looks slightly blurry/out of focus, it's really rare to see crystal clear images in all the frame. Also, in real-life, colours may look a bit duller in comparison with the full contrast and bright colours in a videogame. For instance, take the bright green of the grass, the blue of the sky, the red of some cars...

This is why I hate when we focus on ultraresolution, instead of using more resources to get perfect AA or even some kind of filter that takes care of the typical clinical quality to videogame images.

But I'm sure after the game is released, you will still have people saying the graphics looks shit. Sure buddy! Sure!

Which GT7 surely isn’t? By whose definition … yours? There are sims that get some parts more realistic sure, like damage and failures, but GT7 is a pretty good and complete sim regardless.

Back