Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Guys what kind of discussion is this even? Are you debating a comparison (already questionable) made by someone else (more questionable), holding a personal grudge about platform bias (seriously)?

I’m in half a mind to suggest that all posts from the last 10-11 hours, because nothing would be lost.

Please discuss the game, and focus on using actual facts in general. And if you really want to do a comparison of graphics, I’d suggest making a separate thread called something like ‘Best Graphics in Car Games’ and do it there instead.
I find it funny, John has most likely had more time with the actual game GT7 than anyone else here on this forum yet people will say he is biased in his opinion due to him preferring GT Sport over FMS. LOL!

How about waiting until the game is actually released and an actual DF video is out before criticizing the man.

I find it funny, John has most likely had more time with the actual game GT7 than anyone else here on this forum yet people will say he is biased in his opinion due to him preferring GT Sport over FMS. LOL!

How about waiting until the game is actually released and an actual DF video is out before criticizing the man.
There is a certain trend in the forums lately where a good opinion about Sony must be biased and for whatever reason the world is against everything related to MS because "Playstation community".
If there is one's opinion I take seriously and objective it is DF. They will say things the way they are. They didnt leave a leaf unturned when they where analyzing GTS's graphics and pointed not just to its pros but also equally to its shortcomings. FM and FH were highly praised too.
Some people need to chill

not to mention John said fh5 is better looking game than what we saw on first trailers of gt7 in one of df direct ;d

in trial mountain proper quality folliage with animation
tyre deformation
suspension
I wonder how much the GT7 footage we have seen will reflect the final game. Track detail here seems much superior to something like Dragon Tail were we still see the same vegetation of its GTS incarnation. I can understand that in something like the Nordschliefe is probably still impossible to upgrade the vegetation , given the quantity of them present, but Dragon Trail should not have this kind of problem so I wonder if in the final game the assets will be upgraded

I wonder how much the GT7 footage we have seen will reflect the final game. Track detail here seems much superior to something like Dragon Tail were we still see the same vegetation of its GTS incarnation. I can understand that in something like the Nordschliefe is probably still impossible to upgrade the vegetation , given the quantity of them present, but Dragon Trail should not have this kind of problem so I wonder if in the final game the assets will be upgraded
Unfortunetly imo it will be mixed with some new assets and old

It looks good enough for me. I no longer have expectations from driving games, it really does feel like we are pulling hairs and making arbitrary score boards to declare a winner; console warring territory.

The main focus for driving games in the next gen forward will be the gameplay; scale of content; options and multiplayer experience.

It looks good enough for me. I no longer have expectations from driving games, it really does feel like we are pulling hairs and making arbitrary score boards to declare a winner; console warring territory.
Only read this page so forgive me if I'm of on a tangent.
I think graphics will be at a point that you can dissect individual elements like implementation of lighting, HDR, RTRT.
May even like the overall look of one over the other because of it, but you won't be able to say the other looks bad.
I will like to be proven wrong though, as it will mean there was a big step up in graphics.
The main focus for driving games in the next gen forward will be the gameplay; scale of content; options and multiplayer experience.
I would say your list is for the broader racing market.
For the sims/simcades add:
AI, physics, driving models, tire to road modeling etc

Only read this page so forgive me if I'm of on a tangent.
I think graphics will be at a point that you can dissect individual elements like implementation of lighting, HDR, RTRT.
May even like the overall look of one over the other because of it, but you won't be able to say the other looks bad.
I will like to be proven wrong though, as it will mean there was a big step up in graphics.

I would say your list is for the broader racing market.
For the sims/simcades add:
AI, physics, driving models, tire to road modeling etc
Actually I prefer Simcade like FM and GT; when I mean content I mean tracks, cars, upgrades. As for MP, I mean people not running you off the course and actually trying to race clean.

find me one sim on consoles where you will have one fragment of nordschleife wet and other dry and with weather map during race

Well, if FH5 had that track in it, then FH5 would be an example. I've raced on tracks there (especially noticeable with rally tracks - mud versus dry dirt) where part of the track is wet while another part is dry.

In a race I've also driven into the rain, then out of the rain, and then back into the rain on different parts of the track as the rain shower moved over the track. Eventually there was no rain on any part of the track by the time the race was done.

That out of the way. I personally think GT7 looks fantastic even if it's a bit uneven WRT to track versus track consistency in visuals.

Regards,
SB

Well, if FH5 had that track in it, then FH5 would be an example. I've raced on tracks there (especially noticeable with rally tracks - mud versus dry dirt) where part of the track is wet while another part is dry.

In a race I've also driven into the rain, then out of the rain, and then back into the rain on different parts of the track as the rain shower moved over the track. Eventually there was no rain on any part of the track by the time the race was done.

That out of the way. I personally think GT7 looks fantastic even if it's a bit uneven WRT to track versus track consistency in visuals.

Regards,
SB
Yeah not a racetrack game, I finished whole campaign, got like 110 level and dont remember once such a race only thing in my mind is like scrypted sandstorm etc tough there is dynamic weather and daytime so probably in custom races

Looking at the track lists on GTPlanet, GT7 has all of GTS’ tracks. That’s great, but you have to imagine many of them were just brought forward without modification.

Also, attacking John for thinking GTS looks better than FM7 is weird. Why complain that his DF comparo video was more equivocal when it’s obvious he gets accosted for any perceived bias, real or imagined, for or against any corporate behemoths?

The tweet that kicked this all off was also a bit weird. Does FM6 actually have better looking asphalt in motion? Because that’s how I play my racing games (when I’m not braking too late or getting punted…). I’d complain about visible LOD transitions first (a problem with any [console] racing game).

Plenty of developers do this. How about Naughty Dog with the original Uncharted versus Uncharted 4 versus TLOU and TLOU 2? Same engine, generationally different graphics. Naughty Dog actually stated that it was a mistake when they created a new engine for Uncharted and that they should have just updated their existing engine. Game director Bruce Straley felt like they wasted so much time creating a new engine to use that it set them back a few years graphically compared to where they would have been if they'd just updated their existing engine at the time.

Regards,
SB

Making an engine in Lisp (GOAL) is not really the way forward these days. And since Andy Gavin left Naughty Dog they didn't really have a choice but to do use more standard technology.

Yeah not a racetrack game, I finished whole campaign, got like 110 level and dont remember once such a race only thing in my mind is like scrypted sandstorm etc tough there is dynamic weather and daytime so probably in custom races

As I posted earlier, such things exist in community made blueprint events and in some of the earlier daily or weekly forzathon-point events. So the support is there, but possibly not entirely showcased during the campaign events.

Reactions: snc
As I posted earlier, such things exist in community made blueprint events and in some of the earlier daily or weekly forzathon-point events. So the support is there, but possibly not entirely showcased during the campaign events.
They should utilize it little more in single campaign and even add weather map as in gt7 tough is maybe not that important when you don't have pitstops and tyre change

They should utilize it little more in single campaign and even add weather map as in gt7 tough is maybe not that important when you don't have pitstops and tyre change
I think they touch on it a bit on FM7. Where the rain gets heavier and heavier and with each progressive lap the track is getting wetter and the puddles deeper. And if you race long enough it will start drying up in reverse order.

It’s a fun effect. Not sure how many people actually cared to prepare for it; I assume most people will race wets if the laps are few. And if you are doing a long one a pit should let you change.

but if part of the track is wet? Hmm. I guess just run drys ?

Back