Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Who's going to cover GT7 over at DF? I certainly hope that for a potentional GT7 vs FH comparison we'd see something fair. John has already come to the conclusion that GT Sport PS4 looks better, his mind is set.
from fm7 not from fh5, imo proper comparison will be possible only with fm8 (tough it will be nextgen only)

Last edited:
No, or by your logic since GT7 PS5 proposes the same enhancements vs the PS4 version than CP77 PC vs PS4/XBO, GT7 PS5 looks a gen apart.

PS4/Xone CP2077 to PC 2077 at the highest settings possible/RT certainly is a larger improvement than going from GTS PS4 to GT7 PS5 i think. If i understand what you ment correctly, that is :p

Again, dont take his personal twitter account as per DF. Official videos Rich wouldnt want un-filtered content i think.

Edit: i mixed up GT7, FH7, FH5 and GTS naming, im not that much into racing games. But i do remember what the conclusion was back then, and what am seeing now on his twitter.
I watched this df comparison and he wasn't as verbal as on twitter still gtsport was clear winner

Either he doesnt care or he thinks people have bad memories overall. it doesnt matter, let him go his way.
I wouldnt call 'a clear winner'. Both games, as per John himself backthen, had their own pro's and cons.
winner nontheless, you have to keep in mind how many toxic people are on net so its normal that on official df video he will be more cautious with opinion

winner nontheless, you have to keep in mind how many toxic people are on net so its normal that on official df video he will be more cautious with opinion

If there are truly such huge differences, then why didnt he just say so back in that official df video, instead of outing himself totally different on his personal twitter account? Its going to create very weird situations like these, and makes him look not all that trustworthy down the road. its not the first time either. But hey, let him continue his current path, you know with these things, YT channels are audience driven, and soon or late, its going to work against him.
If were going to see personal tweets with things like 'John is impressed' and 'GT looks much better than FH' etc, its bound to have some reactions to that, as seen in this topic.

To attest, if there are truly large differences in a VS comparison, DF usually points that out very clearly, like their opinion on dying light 2 pc vs ps5 (not a personal twitter or forum account).

If there are truly such huge differences, then why didnt he just say so back in that official df video, instead of outing himself totally different on his personal twitter account? Its going to create very weird situations like these, and makes him look not all that trustworthy down the road. its not the first time either. But hey, let him continue his current path, you know with these things, YT channels are audience driven, and soon or late, its going to work against him.
If were going to see personal tweets with things like 'John is impressed' and 'GT looks much better than FH' etc, its bound to have some reactions to that, as seen in this topic.

To attest, if there are truly large differences in a VS comparison, DF usually points that out very clearly, like their opinion on dying light 2 pc vs ps5 (not a personal twitter or forum account).
I hope they will keep as proffesional as they are now, clever person willl understand comparison with or without strong statements ;)

If you can't see that GT Sport was clearly better at most aspects than FMS then you need glasses.

Like i said, let him go his way, eventually he'l go his way all the way to the door.

lol! I feel Alex is more likely to go to the door before John does.

its still crossgen but some aspects like weather are surprisingly deep (tough disappointing rain only on selected tracks)
Eh, they only seem deep if you haven't been paying attention to the sim racing world at all.

And they're really only attempting what Forza Motorsport 6 was doing back in 2015 in that regard(puddles, dry lines). It wasn't great in practice. Dont expect much better here. Even more hardcore sims that do this stuff better aren't that close to getting this right. A sim-lite like Gran Turismo isn't gonna lead the way on this.

Just look how familiar this sounds:

I feel like if you ran this same trailer and said it was GT7, people would be having the same reactions. It really proves the power of what people *want* to believe.

Last edited:
Eh, they only seem deep if you haven't been paying attention to the sim racing world at all.

And they're really only attempting what Forza Motorsport 6 was doing back in 2015 in that regard(puddles, dry lines). It wasn't great in practice. Dont expect much better here. Even more hardcore sims that do this stuff better aren't that close to getting this right. A sim-lite like Gran Turismo isn't gonna lead the way on this.
find me one sim on consoles where you will have one fragment of nordschleife wet and other dry and with weather map during race

find me one sim on consoles where you will have one fragment of nordschleife wet and other dry and with weather map during race
This is kinda sad man. Even PD are promising something that probably wont be delivered here. Yet you're just buying it without question, cuz you *want* to believe it.

The trailer indicated this was something possible, but developers do this stuff all the time, where they posit something that's maybe possible, but isn't actually realized in any proper way. They never really said this is in the game either, they just say this happens in real life and didn't actually demonstrate it in the trailer at all.

Good rule of thumb is that sim-lites such as GT and Forza Motorsport aren't gonna lead the way on physics aspects like this. AMS2 is currently the king of wet weather driving and I'd be downright dumbfounded if GT7 came close to matching it.

This is kinda sad man. Even PD are promising something that probably wont be delivered here. Yet you're just buying it without question, cuz you *want* to believe it.

The trailer indicated this was something possible, but developers do this stuff all the time, where they posit something that's maybe possible, but isn't actually realized in any proper way. They never really said this is in the game either, they just say this happens in real life and didn't actually demonstrate it in the trailer at all.

Good rule of thumb is that sim-lites such as GT and Forza Motorsport aren't gonna lead the way on physics aspects like this. AMS2 is currently the king of wet weather driving and I'd be downright dumbfounded if GT7 came close to matching it.
I mean I literaly saw weather map during presentation ;d And about part of the track wet and dry that was sentence on official presentation, cant imagine it could be just lie.

Eh? FM6 didnt even approach what GT5 and 6 were doing with their dynamic weather system. Not even the later ones. FM6's weather system wasnt even truly dynamic. It was predetermined to always act the exact same way.
I think you are trying to downplay what GT7 is doing and put a question mark on it.

Guys what kind of discussion is this even? Are you debating a comparison (already questionable) made by someone else (more questionable), holding a personal grudge about platform bias (seriously)?

I’m in half a mind to suggest that all posts from the last 10-11 hours, because nothing would be lost.

Please discuss the game, and focus on using actual facts in general. And if you really want to do a comparison of graphics, I’d suggest making a separate thread called something like ‘Best Graphics in Car Games’ and do it there instead.

Back