Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
So apparently there's a Porsche RSR challenge on the 18th.

Track: Fuji Long
Tyres: RH
Setup: BOP, Limited tuning

What can you do? I did a 1:38.872

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Daily Race B - Any GR4 Car - Monza Chicane

View attachment 6056

I didn't use the wheel (T300RS) since last winter (in Europe) and I moved PS4 to PC monitor recently so I gave it a try with the wheel mounted to PC desk and it wasn't optimal but did 1:56.735 with V8 Vantage after few laps.

Regarding GT7, I hope they drop driver ranking and even if they don't I will keep it low, because A+ races feel like work and not fun.

Wow... FH5 really makes GT7 look bland and unimpressive... and that's hardly the best FH5 footage one could capture.
It does? It is comparing a real circuit with an environment that has more variety.
It is not a like for like comparison. Lighting in GT seems a bit more realistic but there isnt much in the circuit to enhance the look because thats how the circuit is.

It does? It is comparing a real circuit with an environment that has more variety.
It is not a like for like comparison. Lighting in GT seems a bit more realistic but there isnt much in the circuit to enhance the look because thats how the circuit is.
some valid points but deep forest is fictional track so they weren't constraint by reality, also original deep forest in older gran turismo had more trees and some tree kinda tunel that is missing in gt7

Wow... FH5 really makes GT7 look bland and unimpressive... and that's hardly the best FH5 footage one could capture.
Was going to say the same but in reverse. The interior in GT7 is way more impressive and the drivers fingers move when changing gears like it would IRL. FH5 dude must be driving an automatic because his fingers don't move at all. Also, the driver in the FH5 driver seems to be sitting higher, although I suppose that could be subjective as Americans are usually tall and Japanese(PS5) are shorter so could be that POV. Which is the actual sitting position?

In FH5, the shadows of the objects outside also don't all reflect inside the car. e.g. You can see the shadows go across the road however when the car passes through, there's no shadow on the dash.

The reflection of the yellow embroidery is a nice touch but not sure it would always be reflecting so brightly all the time in the window. Looks like SSR.
upload_2021-12-13_15-39-22.png

Last edited:

yeah its not fair comparison FH environments looks more interesting when forza motorsport comes out we can compare both games visually. But to be honest both games looks fantastic and saying that one looks way better than the other is very very strange.

some valid points but deep forest is fictional track so they weren't constraint by reality, also original deep forest in older gran turismo had more trees and some tree kinda tunel that is missing in gt7
But its still trying to mimic a realistic circuit, no? Its not very liberal with what it wants to do.

But its still trying to mimic a realistic circuit, no? Its not very liberal with what it wants to do.
in the past not so much, in this version yes but still it could be realistic with more interesting environment

100% agree.

The GT series for me peaked during the PS3 era, the graphics and artistry was just becoming stale. However, when Driveclub came around for PS4 I thought Sony's racing game future was bright again with Evolution Studios... but of course, that was short-lived.

This is the first confirmation of RT in Scapes, straight from Kaz's mouth. So far it was only confirmed in replays (which we have seen) and garage scenes (which we have not).
Yet every Scape they have shown lacks self reflections. Is it used just for shadows? Or is it an old build?

Reactions: snc
Just the graphics tech in FH5 really is more advanced than gt7 the first thing I see is textures FH5 uses 5 layers of cone stepping, poms, etc that look insane and all footage in gt7 are very flat textures in road and environment. Need to see if gt7 uses RT for sound like FH5 does. They should’ve give more time for gt7

The cars in GT are still the best in the industry and they sit in the environment/receive light more naturally than any other game. The TAA is also a big benefit over Forza. The environment modeling and materials look pretty bad in GT by comparison though. Very low poly and gamey looking.

i'll wait for the final product to really judge, but for now it looks more like a GTS director's cut than a brand new game, at least graphically.
I know they promise dynamic weather and ToD conditions, but these are things that have been in other games for a long time now, and should have already been in GTS.

The cars in GT are still the best in the industry and they sit in the environment/receive light more naturally than any other game. The TAA is also a big benefit over Forza. The environment modeling and materials look pretty bad in GT by comparison though. Very low poly and gamey looking.
change native 4k to dynamic but replace flat rotating trees with proper modeled 3d and difference would be significal

Environments are built to run at 60fps on a base ps4, Polyphony doesn't outsource environment production so they don't have the man-power to make upgraded PS5-specific LOD environment assets.

I know they promise dynamic weather and ToD conditions, but these are things that have been in other games for a long time now, and should have already been in GTS.

Only in games on base console at 30fps or a highly unstable 60fps.

Of we het dynamic time of day and weather with the current graphics that is a big step up and amazing if they get it to work with PS4 as well. GT Sport is still one of the most stunning things on my HDR tv because the lighting just looks so incredibly real. If that is matched with volumetric clouds and dynamic weather and time of day, the latter which could already produce some amazing experiences on the Nurburgring in GT6 on PS3, that should be amazing.

Just by looking at the footage, it seems they also upped the realism in the suspension simulation a bit, and the car sounds definitely improved further. In the end that part of the game, the way the cars feel when driving, has always won me over every single time, with only DriveClub coming close in just pure feel of joy combined with amazing graphics, and AC feels great as well in terms of handling, but haven’t played that on console yet and it’s a long time ago that I played it on PC.

Of course I do agree that I would love to see a proper, fully streamed version of a track with heaps more detail than now and a lot of moving/animated stuff. In making the world around you feel alive the series falls short now.

That is a shame that the GT7 flat background textures are lacking and stuck in last gen. FH5 looks so much more alive and realistic going off by the comparison videos. Poly needs to step up their game at this time and age. The last three GT series looks all too similar.

Back