Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
It should be easier to limit pop-ins with an on the rails Track Game versus an open world game, no?

Watching the vid slowed down, all of the tree detail pop-in looks to be the leaf self shadows rather than any kind of geometry pop. Dynamic shadows are still a demanding process. Maxed out track-based racers on PC like pCars2 and Assetto Corsa Competizione even have the issue on highest end cards. The only racers that don't suffer from this are the ones with very simplistic vegetation that's just a 2d card cutout with no real-time shadows or light affecting them (i.e ps2 era gran turismos, all forza motorsport games, assetto corsa 1).

GT7 deep forest track is rendering vegetation the same way as GTSport's better tracks, so there's some pretty good detail there like individual leaves reflecting sunlight, subsurface scatter, and real-time self shadows that would be pretty taxing to draw far out in highest lod at high framerates. Played through RC Rift Apart at 60fps and that has noticeable shadow pop too.

gtsport
FXNSQv5.jpg

assetto corsa 1
XOGZamI.png

forza 7
440ForzaMotorsport77320.png

Last edited:
So much pop in, looks low poly environment wise and 2d sprite trees ugh and they are just spinning with player position too so off putting
The popin wasnt too bad (less than forza horizon for example at 60fps) but where it looks much worse than forza is the repeated 2d sprites, it just looks friggen terrible, human eye easily picks up patterns. Having proper 3d models everywhere even if they are low polygon count a long way away like forza is so much better.
Seems shortsighted on GT devs, you cant even do decent dynamic time of day with sprites

Reactions: snc
The only imrovement I see over gt sport is that antialising seems to be realy good, cars are very crisp + cockpitview is not static as used to, but these rotating trees… I hate it :d still just bring full psvr2 and I will be more than happy

The only imrovement I see over gt sport is that antialising seems to be realy good, cars are very crisp + cockpitview is not static as used to, but these rotating trees… I hate it :d still just bring full psvr2 and I will be more than happy

Dynamic time of day and weather was all I wanted ever since they announced it was cross-gen. Surprised they actually brought back dynamic lighting and time change given it has to run at 60fps on a base ps4. I imagine the real engine upgrades and R&D work for rendering geometry will start for a PS5-only GT8.

X3qUkdO.gif

Last edited:
Dynamic time of day and weather was all I wanted ever since they announced it was cross-gen. Surprised they actually brought back dynamic lighting and time change given it has to run at 60fps on a base ps4. I imagine the real engine upgrades and R&D work for rendering geometry will start for a PS5-only GT8.

X3qUkdO.gif

Hopefully gt7 will have proper resolution and frame rate options. Rather than requiring it to be done from PS system setting

Did anyone here play GT Sport a lot? Like 50+ hrs? Like, the interesting thing is that I'm a believer in the program that GT can be. If you want to be a better racer, I think GT is a better simulator to train you to go that route.
I do find Forza is sort of a, you want a car, here you go. But there's no actual training to become a better driver.

Distance driven 122,959.448 Km
Time driven 108 days, 22 hours, 25 min and 58 s.

If you are not very good in racing games you will have realy good time trying to gold driving school, circuit experience and mission challenges ;) (as they are too easy for racing veterans but perfect if you learning)

Or for an easier time, just try and get close or beat my times if you can. Most of the times are old but should give you a more reasonable target to hit when playing.

As for the Daily's. You don't have to race against other people. There is a qualifying time section which you can practice against yourself yet are able to match lap times against other real world racers in your friends list(Example below).

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/6990715/history/courseRecords
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=6990715

The stats above are for Daily's only.

upload_2021-12-6_10-3-37.png
upload_2021-12-6_10-4-18.png
upload_2021-12-6_10-4-57.png
upload_2021-12-6_10-13-4.png
Mod edit (Pete): Spoilered some pics to preserve my sanity when loading the page.

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-6_10-5-42.png
    upload_2021-12-6_10-5-42.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Or for an easier time, just try and get close or beat my times if you can. Most of the times are old but should give you a more reasonable target to hit when playing.

As for the Daily's. You don't have to race against other people. There is a qualifying time section which you can practice against yourself yet are able to match lap times against other real world racers in your friends list(Example below).

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/6990715/history/courseRecords
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=6990715

The stats above are for Daily's only.

View attachment 6049
View attachment 6050
View attachment 6051
View attachment 6053
I aslo like to improve my kudosprime score so imrove in dailys quali timetrial

Bloody hell, the only ppl which could beat that amount of time I assume would be WOW etc players.
Shit I dont know the most time Ive ever spent playing a game, maybe 100 hours?

Bloody hell, the only ppl which could beat that amount of time I assume would be WOW etc players.
I have hundreds of hours played in many individual titles =P
WoW I have over 1 year played in game and I quit nearly a decade ago.
WoW is a different animal altogether.

If you are on my friends list, you can download and view the Daily Races in my Activities. ;)

View attachment 6060 View attachment 6061
I can’t believe I’ve been playing GTS for years and only discovered the timing monitor yesterday when I was watching a replay of a daily race C to confirm my ineptitude. The circle map is neat, too. I still want speed traces.

I can’t believe I’ve been playing GTS for years and only discovered the timing monitor yesterday when I was watching a replay of a daily race C to confirm my ineptitude. The circle map is neat, too. I still want speed traces.
Haha, make sure you have 'display all' in the settings when watching a replay. It shows all sorts of info in the replays. ;)

I have 3000+ hours in CSGO, almost 3000 in Dota 2, Binding of Isaac I have on PC over 120 hours and PS 421 hours separately. Ghost of Tsushima(50 hours on PS5, 107 PS4), HzD 126 hours on PS4, God of War 172, Spider-man 73, Days Gone 121, LoU Remastered 71, Infamous SS 69, Lego City Undercover 78, Destiny 773 on PS4(don't know how many on PC), Destiny 2 115 on PS4(don't know how many on PC), R6Siege 379 on PS4 and close to 200 on PC etc.

and I considered my 155 hours in GTS to be a lot
Makes me feel less bad about how well he takes the bus stop chicane in Spa, but I have something like 16 days in GTS. It’s a PS+ seller.

As for GT7, the graphics looking only slightly improved over GTS (and having to be 60fps on PS4) should mean we can play the full game in VR on PS5, which would be awesome. Doubly so if it will be compatible with PSVR1 in BC on a PS5, as it’s “just” head tracking, but that’s just wishful thinking.

Back