Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
That is a shame that the GT7 flat background textures are lacking and stuck in last gen. FH5 looks so much more alive and realistic going off by the comparison videos. Poly needs to step up their game at this time and age. The last three GT series looks all too similar.
agree pd needs to step up the game but there is big diff between gt sport vs gt6 (for sure bigger than between for example fh5 vs fh4)

30fps on x one, 60 on xox in 1080p or 30fps 4k
Yep, that's why you have to compare resolution to resolution otherwise not a reasonable comparison.
X1X
F:H 4 - 4K30, 1080p60
F:MS 7 - 4K60

Edit
This is a GT thread so probably not worth pursuing the Forza comparison without it sounding like it's derailing it.

Last edited:
Yep, that's why you have to compare resolution to resolution otherwise not a reasonable comparison.
X1X
F:H 4 - 4K30, 1080p60
F:MS 7 - 4K60

Edit
This is a GT thread so probably not worth pursuing the Forza comparison without it sounding like it's derailing it.
Dont understand why you quoted me here to be honest

Dont understand why you quote ne here to be honest
Expanding on your post to point out why the initial comparison that was made was invalid.
As you pointed out the resolution and framerate.

Sorry, yep means yes, as in you're right.

Reactions: snc

I mean...lordy.

Again, I'm excited about a traditional GT again, but it's still hard to get over a new mainline Gran Turismo that doesn't seem to be doing much of anything to push fidelity at all. Used to be a sort of hallmark for Polyphony, but this feels like an insanely conservative effort on their part.

I mean...lordy.

Again, I'm excited about a traditional GT again, but it's still hard to get over a new mainline Gran Turismo that doesn't seem to be doing much of anything to push fidelity at all. Used to be a sort of hallmark for Polyphony, but this feels like an insanely conservative effort on their part.

I dare you to go on resetera and say this :))

kidding, they'll lynch you in the public square. They already have 3 pages of sony fans pretending this is some graphical prowess of the highest calibre, exceeding photorealism almost. Since Forza Horizon just came out for xbox and was the highest rated game of 2021, we'll get a lot of exagerrations from the other camp regarding this game. Mildly entertaining

only 30 fps in replay

Replays here have ray-tracing turned on. You can see the car self reflections if you look closely, so the 30fps is expected. I think they can reach 60fps if you turn off RT.

I mean...lordy.

motion blur is is hiding all the grass rendering there. Don't see anything terrible about that shot though. The baked ray-traced lighting from GTSport looks refined and in tact but now there is also dynamic time of day change in addition to dynamic weather and volumetric 3d clouds which looks great. I'm actually wondering how the base PS4 will handle this with the 60fps target.

delete3.png

delete1.png

delete2.png

Last edited:
Man that looks really, really good. The lighting is beautiful, I can already imagine how this will look on my HDR tv, the detail in this track actually looks great too, it’s really sharp and one of the biggest weaknesses of GT, the shadows, they’ve made huge improvements too from the looks of things.

I am very excited.

not best comparison as fm7 is old and we will soon see how nextgen forza motorspot looks but gt7 being crossgen its still not pushig graphics to what we can expect from current gen

Back