7133716116386349580_0.jpg

6998603723140268548_0.jpg

6999166679538237964_0.jpg

7133711718403834380_0.jpg

7133716116316127756_0.jpg

7134279069090219524_0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
Curious to see if GT7 will follow the path of GT Sport, where they are trying to prepare you for online play; or focusing towards more single player.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, PS4 pro was weird with GTSport since you needed a native 1080p tv in order to actually enter performance 1080p mode and have the motion blur on. On PS5 though, you can enter performance mode in GTSport even with a 4K TV, you just have to set the PS5 video setting to 1080p output.
You can do the same with a PS4 Pro (set display output to 2k in system, then choose between perf/qual in GTS). I slightly prefer the extra detail on the horizon with the 1800p “4k” mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do the same with a PS4 Pro (set display output to 2k in system, then choose between perf/qual in GTS). I slightly prefer the extra detail on the horizon with the 1800p “4k” mode.

Maybe they did a firmware update to add that. I remember John from Digital Foundry saying performance mode was blackened out in his settings and he wasn't able to choose that option when playing on his 4k TV after seeing the my performance motion blur gameplay grabs a few years ago.

Did anyone here play GT Sport a lot? Like 50+ hrs? Like, the interesting thing is that I'm a believer in the program that GT can be. If you want to be a better racer, I think GT is a better simulator to train you to go that route.
I do find Forza is sort of a, you want a car, here you go. But there's no actual training to become a better driver.

I watch this guy a lot Super GT
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-sJ8u8eu_ivfzekwkue38g

And there's like videos of him facing F1 drivers and doing exceptionally well. Not just in GT, but even in Go Karts.

he literraly beat Lando Norris here.

What do you guys think? Did you guys learn more from GT Sport from when you started to where you are now?

Did anyone here play GT Sport a lot? Like 50+ hrs? Like, the interesting thing is that I'm a believer in the program that GT can be. If you want to be a better racer, I think GT is a better simulator to train you to go that route.
I do find Forza is sort of a, you want a car, here you go. But there's no actual training to become a better driver.

I watch this guy a lot Super GT
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-sJ8u8eu_ivfzekwkue38g

And there's like videos of him facing F1 drivers and doing exceptionally well. Not just in GT, but even in Go Karts.

he literraly beat Lando Norris here.

What do you guys think? Did you guys learn more from GT Sport from when you started to where you are now?
I spent 400h+ in gt sport ;d real tracks are laser scanned so breaking points and racing lines will be same as in real life, gt sport physics have proper fundamentals like trail braking, oversteering, understeering, weight transfer etc so for sure can teach driving fundamentals tough some cars have weird physics (like gt3 mr cars, rally, gokarts) and even full sim will be always diff than real life as all you have is wheel feedback where in real life you feel whole car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3j_WR5OeY

I spent 400h+ in gt sport ;d real tracks are laser scanned so breaking points and racing lines will be same as in real life, gt sport physics have proper fundamentals like trail braking, oversteering, understeering, weight transfer etc so for sure can teach driving fundamentals tough some cars have weird physics (like gt3 mr cars, rally, gokarts) and even full sim will be always diff than real life as all you have is wheel feedback where in real life you feel whole car
GT Sport is 19.99 right now, but i's mainly online only? The SP component is largely missing?

GT Sport is 19.99 right now, but i's mainly online only? The SP component is largely missing?
If you are not very good in racing games you will have realy good time trying to gold driving school, circuit experience and mission challenges ;) (as they are too easy for racing veterans but perfect if you learning)

alright, I'll check it out on controller. I'll have ot look into getting an adapter for my wheel.

Reactions: snc
alright, I'll check it out on controller. I'll have ot look into getting an adapter for my wheel.

If you play on controller use the motion controls, that is much closer to real steering.

If you play on controller use the motion controls, that is much closer to real steering.
yea, I may even hold off on adapters incase GT7 only allows for PS5 based wheel support. So it's a bit of a wait and see.

yea, I may even hold off on adapters incase GT7 only allows for PS5 based wheel support. So it's a bit of a wait and see.
but be cautious, its possible that you won't even notice and you will end with fanatec csl dd pro and proper 8020 rig :D

Back