Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
untitled-13ajo5.gif
replay mastery, no one does it better

agree, but expected this fidelity during gameplay on ps5 ;)
I very much doubt it, its crossplatform, but yes expect the ingame graphics looking like this in GT8 and with the next forza horizon (provided it only is on the xbox series which it 99% is likely to be)

Reactions: snc
I very much doubt it, its crossplatform, but yes expect the ingame graphics looking like this in GT8 and with the next forza horizon (provided it only is on the xbox series which it 99% is likely to be)

Besides some increase in grass or particles, the replays and gameplay look pretty much the same in GT. I don't see much different in that gif than what we already saw in GTSport. The big game changer in GT7 is the dynamic time of day and weather system now.

gtsport gameplay
gtsport-compare-dfd-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2019.png

replay
gtsport-compare-362-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2019.png

gameplay in bumper cam viewing AI car
0Z5SnV3.jpg

GTS replay mode bumps up some details on ps4 pro if you choose 30fps replays, but what baffles me is that neither in replay nor photo mode the game switches to higher LOD car models, highest LOD are only available in scapes mode.

Strange the replay looks worse (more aliasing)
Though based on those shots, it looks worse than forza horizon 5, mainly from the aliasing

I think that's usually the case for any game with a lot of different lighting conditions, especially for ones that has to optimize assets to run at 60fps on base last-gen consoles.

gtsport-161-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2019.png

gtsport-f17-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2018.png

gtsport-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2018.png
the last two are "photoshoped" by photo mode ;) gt sport doesn't have motion blur during gameplay

the last two are "photoshoped" by photo mode ;) gt sport doesn't have motion blur during gameplay

The last two shots are actually gameplay pics that I took myself. ;) The first pic has motion blur also. On PS4 Pro on performance mode the game has motion blur on during gameplay except in cockpit view. You can also tell which pics are photomode or gameplay since photomode shots have a GT logo on the bottom left of the picture.

another gameplay shot
gtsport-17e-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2018.png

photomode pic
jd0ZRnD.jpeg

Stunning looking graphics still, even though its a last generation game.

Too bad Polyphony don't like to outsource because there are some really bad looking tracks in the game too lol. Some of the fictional tracks are really obvious they quickly made it in their procedural course maker and rushed through a lot of the assets just to provide enough content for the game. It's actually kind of baffling how bad they look compared to the real life circuits.

The last two shots are actually gameplay pics that I took myself. ;) The first pic has motion blur also. On PS4 Pro on performance mode the game has motion blur on during gameplay except in cockpit view. You can also tell which pics are photomode or gameplay since photomode shots have a GT logo on the bottom left of the picture.

another gameplay shot
gtsport-17e-Gran-Turismo-SPORT2018.png

photomode pic
jd0ZRnD.jpeg
performance mode and quality mode on ps4 pro ? didn't even know its the thing, read now on df article "With PS4 Pro outputting 1080p you can choose to prioritise frame-rate or resolution, which is great, as it's basically allowing super-sampling within the game. When you output at 4K though, prioritising frame-rate is not possible and you're stuck at the higher resolution" so you telling me when you have 1080p screen and use performance mode you have motion blur during gameplay ? interesting, can't check as have 4k tv

yes but to be honest imo they should drop it as physics at rally stages is hilarious ;d

Personally for me the graphics are the worse part, as there is little interaction with the ground/mud, but when it comes to physics, it still feels so much better than any other racing game I’ve tried. In GT, it still feels like the car is driving on the track. In other rally games, it feels like the track is rotated around the car.

I was surprised that FH wasn’t terrible in that area either by the way.

Personally for me the graphics are the worse part, as there is little interaction with the ground/mud, but when it comes to physics, it still feels so much better than any other racing game I’ve tried. In GT, it still feels like the car is driving on the track. In other rally games, it feels like the track is rotated around the car.

I was surprised that FH wasn’t terrible in that area either by the way.
It was about rally physics comment not general ;)

performance mode and quality mode on ps4 pro ? didn't even know its the thing, read now on df article "With PS4 Pro outputting 1080p you can choose to prioritise frame-rate or resolution, which is great, as it's basically allowing super-sampling within the game. When you output at 4K though, prioritising frame-rate is not possible and you're stuck at the higher resolution" so you telling me when you have 1080p screen and use performance mode you have motion blur during gameplay ? interesting, can't check as have 4k tv

yep, PS4 pro was weird with GTSport since you needed a native 1080p tv in order to actually enter performance 1080p mode and have the motion blur on. On PS5 though, you can enter performance mode in GTSport even with a 4K TV, you just have to set the PS5 video setting to 1080p output.

yep, PS4 pro was weird with GTSport since you needed a native 1080p tv in order to actually enter performance 1080p mode and have the motion blur on. On PS5 though, you can enter performance mode in GTSport even with a 4K TV, you just have to set the PS5 video setting to 1080p output.

Haha that's very weird and at the same time, also very Sony

Back