Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
but be cautious, its possible that you won't even notice and you will end with fanatec csl dd pro and proper 8020 rig :D
lol, I'll need to toss my current rig, which I wouldn't mind, the TX is not a bad wheel for it's price point. I should have gotten a play seat. I have a stand and a wheel, but an office chair is not a good replacement. Having some weird backpains with this setup.

My issue is that controller racing is rather straight forward, switching to wheel has been a hard adjustment, which is why I was looking for a racing school type thing. The controller hides too much counter steering inputs etc. Steering wheel, I need to really figure out what's going on with my inputs, or you'll just spin out all the time.

If you are not very good in racing games you will have realy good time trying to gold driving school, circuit experience and mission challenges ;) (as they are too easy for racing veterans but perfect if you learning)

The driving schools bored me. But the instant racing (the top left menu) is really fun.

At first I only can play on the oval track. But then I became able to play on other tracks too.

I also really like with how the force feedback convey road texture. Like one of the Japan highway with lots of seams every few meters.

My t150 steering wheel force feedback is not good enough tho. As the ffb is basically gone when the steer is in the middle/neutral position.

Maybe wrong dead zone setting....

Reactions: snc
The driving schools bored me. But the instant racing (the top left menu) is really fun.
sounds like Forza Motorsport is a better fit for you lol. Here's a car, go wild. No driving school, use the rewind button.

pros and cons.

yea, I may even hold off on adapters incase GT7 only allows for PS5 based wheel support. So it's a bit of a wait and see.

It seems rather unlikely that anything would change here vs GT Sport on PS5, which works just fine with my Logitech G29.

But the motion controls really are almost as good for me. And the DualSense controller with GT7 sounds like it will be even better!

It seems rather unlikely that anything would change here vs GT Sport on PS5, which works just fine with my Logitech G29.

But the motion controls really are almost as good for me. And the DualSense controller with GT7 sounds like it will be even better!
you convinced me to buy GT7 lol. I didn't know about gyro steering. I just would like to get the FFB wheel going. But I can choose that at another time.

Did anyone here play GT Sport a lot? Like 50+ hrs? Like, the interesting thing is that I'm a believer in the program that GT can be. If you want to be a better racer, I think GT is a better simulator to train you to go that route. [...]

What do you guys think? Did you guys learn more from GT Sport from when you started to where you are now?
I think the drivers license tests even on the original GT were good at imparting driving basics (apexes, etc.). GT Sport's track guides are terrific in building on the basics, showing where to apply techniques like trail braking. The written advice (in a damnable scrolling ticker), reference videos, and ability to tackle tracks section by section with quick retries are really useful. Drive enough and all the individual lessons may glom into a cohesive sense of how to attempt to improve your lap times on any track.

SuperGT: come for the dry humor and bangin' outro, stay for the wheel-to-wheel racing advice (how to position yourself to defend, why sometimes it's better not to defend but to follow a faster driver to catch up to the pack ahead of you).

SuperGT: come for the dry humor and bangin' outro, stay for the wheel-to-wheel racing advice (how to position yourself to defend, why sometimes it's better not to defend but to follow a faster driver to catch up to the pack ahead of you).
lol this is serious racing advice, I'm still trying to make sure I can get around a course without botching a corner into a bad crash

underwhelming, can't see improvement over gt sport

Still have the same issue as GTS. Sometimes it looks realistic sometimes it looks fake.

It have no dynamic ToD right? Can't they "simply" let the artists manually "paint over/touch up" the level/tracks to make it consistently looks realistic and good?

Still have the same issue as GTS. Sometimes it looks realistic sometimes it looks fake.

It have no dynamic ToD right? Can't they "simply" let the artists manually "paint over/touch up" the level/tracks to make it consistently looks realistic and good?

gt7 has dynamic time and weather, unlike GTS. This looks good to me for a cross-gen GT that now has dynamic lighting and volumetric cloud rendering. Ever since it was announced as cross-gen I was expecting them to carry over how they render vegetation from GTSport anyway.

tbC1r7B.png

9ySTpgI.png

Thanks. I didn't know its now dynamic. That explains why they can't "simply" manually "touch up" the level.

Pop-in is going to be hard to get rid of for 60fps titles. Forza Horizon 5 has horrible LOD pop-in in 60fps mode, and even ACC at max settings on PC has noticeable pop-in.

Thanks. I didn't know its now dynamic. That explains why they can't "simply" manually "touch up" the level.

There's a hint of time progression in this vid too, if you check the dashboard timer in the two pics I posted, it went from 1:30 to 1:31.

It should be easier to limit pop-ins with an on the rails Track Game versus an open world game, no?

Back