Gran Turismo 6

I am not sure, but i thought it was 2 versions of the Mercedes a Toyota and a Corvette?

So where is the tire wear problem?
The Toyota and 'Vette aren't VGT cars, they're just DLC cars. VGT is something else entirely, go look in the "Vision GT" section to see all the stuff they haven't given us.

Tire wear is a problem in the endurance races in S-class. Or what they call an "endurance" race now, 20 laps at whatever track (used to be hundreds, but whatever). First off, tire wear and fuel consumption are artificially increased to simulate that you're driving many more laps than you really are, so you have to pit for tires and fuel after maybe five laps. After you replace them, good luck controlling that car. All grip is gone and tire wear increases significantly, you'll be lucky to get even two laps out of them, and it's like driving on eco tires in the rain. It's a major bug that they haven't done a goddamn thing to even acknowledge, much less actually fix. I've only run two of those races as a result (and lost miserably every time as a result of this bug), and won't even touch the rest of them until they address it. That is NOT how you support a game after launch.

The Toyota and 'Vette aren't VGT cars, they're just DLC cars. VGT is something else entirely, go look in the "Vision GT" section to see all the stuff they haven't given us.

Tire wear is a problem in the endurance races in S-class. Or what they call an "endurance" race now, 20 laps at whatever track (used to be hundreds, but whatever). First off, tire wear and fuel consumption are artificially increased to simulate that you're driving many more laps than you really are, so you have to pit for tires and fuel after maybe five laps. After you replace them, good luck controlling that car. All grip is gone and tire wear increases significantly, you'll be lucky to get even two laps out of them, and it's like driving on eco tires in the rain. It's a major bug that they haven't done a goddamn thing to even acknowledge, much less actually fix. I've only run two of those races as a result (and lost miserably every time as a result of this bug), and won't even touch the rest of them until they address it. That is NOT how you support a game after launch.

I golded those races, it's artificial but it works, at least for me.

Just got to trying this update ... That Black Lotus 97T is really, really nice. And my PS3 gets really, really loud while playing this.

Having some trouble getting that 1:10. Do you need to use the nitro it keeps prompting me? It says press R1, but that's my shifter.

Stumbled upon this yesterday via NeoGaf. It's called Pit Stop, and it's a Gran Turismo focused blog from Polyphony. In their own words:

Hello everyone, this is the PITSTOP Editorial Team.

We’ve created a new place for sharing information with Gran Turismo fans: the “Gran Turismo PIT STOP”.

The PIT STOP is a blog-style service that brings you information regarding Gran Turismo in a casual way. Taking an approach that is a bit different from the official gran-turismo.com, we’ll be bringing you bits of info that didn’t make it into the official news.

At PIT STOP, a variety of authors in addition to its writers will be posting articles from all over the world. Visitors can also leave comments on these articles as well, but please keep in mind that there may be cases in which inappropriate comments or those that are unrelated to the topic in question may be deleted. You will need to login with a Facebook account in order to be able to leave a comment.

We are hoping that this new communication channel will be a great way to bring all GT fans together in a dedicated community platform, so please come join us!

<PIT STOP Editorial Team>

There are already a couple of posts (part 1 and part 2) regarding engine sounds in GT. That appears to be an ongoing piece (by Kaz himself) currently discussing how they recorded sound in the past. The 2 parts are very short and don't cover much at the moment. I suspect it will be some time before we get the full story and what they plan to do in the future.

And now with a Official FIA stamp of approval
"and will be partnering with the FIA to introduce an official FIA Online Championship in 2015"

Awesome news..
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1153498.html

Don´t forget to try the Hybrid Toyota on the Le Mans track and get the latest Vision GT car from WV

GT6 is still delivering value

This is pretty crazy.. GT6 will be the Platform for the Official FIA world championship in online racing.

It's like a new racing class..!

the competition will consist of three “championships”: the “National Championship”, “Regional Championship”, and an “International Championship”.

And to top it off

Winner celebrated at FIA Prize Giving ceremony.
Final race to be supervised by FIA officials.

Join Alonso and friends when you collect your prize for being the fastest console racing driver..!

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-fia-online-championship-details-begins-spring-2015/

That is amazing....

GT6 is such a welcome improvement over GT5, enjoying the heck out of it lately :)

The system of advancing is much more fun as well, a great mix of tracks and car styles, and easy to understand... very streamlined, love it a lot.

I got fed up and used money and bought the senna lotus..and promptly got silver and another lotus... Figures..but

This car is fantastic, a work of gaming art.. After spending so much time trying to get silver it was a joy taking it for a spin at Nürnberg and la satre.. A non perfect lap saw the c9 Mercedes beat by 5 seconds on la satre and I did the nordschliefe below 7 mins easily..

Go get it :)

Just got the W12 Nardo, it's my new favorite Normal Car for 600pp events.

For some reason I didn't really like it in GT5, I don't know what changed but it handles differently now, it's incredibly balanced all around and well behaved.

Just bought this game. Took about 40 mins to download the update, now it says it's going to take ~600 mins to install it.

What the actual f***.

Just bought this game. Took about 40 mins to download the update, now it says it's going to take ~600 mins to install it.

What the actual f***.

Yes, if you have 10% or less available space, I think the install can take like 5 hours.

I deleted the GT5 game data, since I anticipate never putting that disc in the tray ever again. It's a new day, and GT6's enormous install (because GT is the only game in the universe, apparently) is done.

Already I am super excited that menus don't take six hours to load and I can buy seemingly every car at the dealer. There are certainly a lot more than in GT5, where it took forever for a truck to show up in the Used section so I could complete an event.

Not excited about the billboard trees in the first race. I guess there are still a lot of reused PS2 assets, but whatever.

Wait, how is the late-model Challenger in GT6, but not GT5? I was hoping they'd add the Charger, but NOPE. Now we've got NOTHING from Dodge except a few older muscle cars.

Oh well. At least my '07 Mustang's still there.

Yeah, they're still using the 4-bit GT4 textures on Laguna Seca, although they've added some shrubs and grass to hide it.

Already obviously a much better game than GT5, but I really do think a texture update from last gen by this point would be nice.

I wonder if the rock textures on Grand Valley will get upgraded for GT7, or if they'll be too busy lovingly modeling dash knobs to bother again.

^^ Obviously these are my stream-of-consciousness impressions as I play the first few events. Like I said initially, it's great that the menus are faster, more cars are available, and some of the Standard models got cleaned up. But seriously, maybe they need to start outsourcing some modeling so they can fix this garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzOncE5PPY

Back